Primal Puzzle ring and Bovine Bardiche

General Discussion
First off I'd like to thank the devs for the work they are doing to improve various aspects of the game.

On top of the current changes, when cubing primal versions I'd like to see all the items drops be ancient.

I know it is a significant bump, but the primal versions of these two items are really rare. There should be something extra special for cubing a primal.
Just another example of "don't release it unless you do it right"
Everyone feels the same way.
Prims are way rarer, therefore in diablo-sense, rarity should reward something better.

But devs either A didn't think that people would notice/care about Prims rarity not mattering for Gheed.

or B
Took that tradeoff.

The latter is way more scary.
They don't get it.
You do something right, or don't do it.
Don't 1/2 way push out content if it has a huge drawback that takes away the fun, and also tells the playerbase "the devs didn't think of or value this" talking about primals and how they should reward more.

It's super obvious, so it's alarming they preferred to rush content out as if that's what everyone wants, when the content was done incorrectly.

Sounds just like D3 release.
Same mindset.
Rush it out, even if it's not done well.
And also, don't ask the community by any chance if we are unsure.

Quality over Quantity D3 team.
We, the community, are not just beta testers, we're a resource if you'd let us.
Personally, I would have liked it if the ancient puzzle ring allowed you to battle 2 greed bosses, while the primal ancient allowed you to battle 3 of 'em.
05/07/2019 08:41 PMPosted by Oblivion
Personally, I would have liked it if the ancient puzzle ring allowed you to battle 2 greed bosses, while the primal ancient allowed you to battle 3 of 'em.

Regular should be a Creed.
Ancient should be a Stonger Creed.
Primal shoulbe be a Gelatinous Creed.
05/07/2019 08:41 PMPosted by Oblivion
interesting...

How about Ancient Greed could drop ANY goblin and Primal Greed would drop goblin PACKS!

Imagine trying to NOT kill Greed while fighting a goblin pack. <evilGrin>
Did anyone put an Ancient Bovine Bardiche in the Cube in the PTR?

It would be awesome if doing so would open a supercharged version of this area, with a much higher density of elite packs. A Primal version of this weapon could open the area which would contain nothing but elite cows and Rift Guardians.
05/07/2019 10:45 PMPosted by Slamboney
Did anyone put an Ancient Bovine Bardiche in the Cube in the PTR?

There were no changes to how the Bovine Bardiche interacts with the Cube, i.e. regardless of whether a legendary, ancient or primal Bardiche are used, you still get a standard "Not The Cow Level" portal opened.

The only change involving the cow level in 2.6.5 is that upon death goblins may occasionally leave behind a portal to it, in the same way that they occasionally leave behind a portal to the Vault.
^^ Well, a pity that they didn't have the resources to make changes to that item as well...Would have been fun.

P.S. I'm taking all my useless Primals and some other gear to fill out a build, including a Follower, and removing the level requirement from them, then I'm going to amuse myself for an hour leveling up a character, but watching my Follower and pets kill everything for the first 40 levels...lol. Which is why I haven't been over to the EU server yet. I might not get time depending on the start date of S17, which I don't know.
I've been getting ready for when patch 2.6.5 hits to do T16 ancient vaults...
http://ximg.co.uk/images/2019/05/08/d3_getting_ready_for_t16_vaults.jpg
05/07/2019 11:29 PMPosted by Meteorblade
The only change involving the cow level in 2.6.5 is that upon death goblins may occasionally leave behind a portal to it, in the same way that they occasionally leave behind a portal to the Vault.

Why on Earth would anyone want Cow Portal over Vault Portal?

I was hoping they would revert this.
05/08/2019 02:40 AMPosted by Nokkternal

The "Not The Cow Level" always contains two XP pools.
Some people might find the XP more useful than the gold from a Vault.
I still think primals should revert back to their original glory. The whole primal being the perfect version of an ancient is bland. Bring back the increased stats for primals!
05/08/2019 02:40 AMPosted by Nokkternal
05/07/2019 11:29 PMPosted by Meteorblade

I was hoping they would revert this.

The Vault is only consistently better than the Cow Portal in regards to gold. Item drop wise I would argue that the cow portal is better unless you get super lucky and get nice goblins. So yeah, bring me the cows. Also XP and watnot is better in the cow level. Also, getting a vault with the cube is super easy, but the majority of the classes can't really drop a bardiche to cube it.

Also, the fact that now the cow portal opens from goblins does not necessarily means that you will see less vault portals from goblins.