Health and wellness

General Discussion
Health and wellness
I have played Diablo since its first inception and love playing the game.
On thought I have is that some folks go over board and end up dying.
I'd prefer if a limit is set or a warning message appear for those playing exceedingly long. Reminding them that wellness matters.
Youre about to get downvoted into hell, but I do remember guildwars1 used to remind you how long youve been playing and ask you to please take a break. I may have even followed their advice a few times.
Only game I played that did that was TERA Online. I don't mind a gentile reminder so long as it does not cover the screen potentially killing a HC character. Something maybe like the paragon icon in ways.
05/18/2019 06:02 PMPosted by Gizmo
I'd prefer if a limit is set or a warning message appear for those playing exceedingly long.

If you have been playing Diablo "since its first inception", then you have been playing exceedingly longer than most players nowadays. Maybe take your own advice and quit.
Health and wellness
I have played Diablo since its first inception and love playing the game.
On thought I have is that some folks go over board and end up dying.
I'd prefer if a limit is set or a warning message appear for those playing exceedingly long. Reminding them that wellness matters.

A warning message isn't going to stop them.
Forcibly limiting players on how long they play is a no-go, and a warning is just going to be ignored by most.
I'd prefer if a limit is set or a warning message appear for those playing exceedingly long.

As an adult, I'd prefer it if I was left alone to make my own decisions over how much, how little, when or if I play a game I've bought. I neither want or need a gaming company to act as my nanny.
I'm sure limiting how much time a person can play on a "product" they purchased wouldn't sit well with a lot of players. Players still view most games as a product.

Also, the gaming industry pushing for microtransactions like randomized loot chests, but limiting how much time you can play sounds rather hypocritical. Free rain on what some essentially consider gambling, but limiting how much time you can play per day? Rather conflicting, IMO.

I suppose putting a daily time limit on it is an indirect way of limiting the "gambling," but it isn't going to make those happy that feel they purchased a product rather than a service.