Galvanizing Ward vs. Blur? Vyr's

Wizard
Hey I've been running Galvanizing Ward all season (17) and have not had problems staying alive, but as I get closer to finishing my first round of augments, I'm going to be making my first push. With fishing for good maps / mob types. I'm considering Blur might be better. Especially since Lexyu mention to use it for speeds in his new youtube guide.

The main reason I'm using Galvanizing Ward is because Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer buffs it - I believe. But is Blur better?

ps: I'm 1k paragon and I've done a 112 solo so far, this push would be going higher than that.
05/22/2019 05:03 PMPosted by TrvAix
Hey I've been running Galvanizing Ward all season (17) and have not had problems staying alive, but as I get closer to finishing my first round of augments, I'm going to be making my first push. With fishing for good maps / mob types. I'm considering Blur might be better. Especially since Lexyu mention to use it for speeds in his new youtube guide.

The main reason I'm using Galvanizing Ward is because Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer buffs it - I believe. But is Blur better?

ps: I'm 1k paragon and I've done a 112 solo so far, this push would be going higher than that.

If you're using Ashengarr's, I think Galvanizing Ward is the way to go. 60% shield versus 17% DR? Ward is much better one-shot protection.
GW doesn't persist or refresh when under duress though. I would go Blur if I had to choose between these for Vyr Chantodo simply because it is always on.

Both are good options defensively though.
Yeah, Galvanizing Ward is probably better for medium GR content. For high-end pushes you probably aren't going to ahve it refreshed all that often in big packs, except maybe vs. infrequently attacking RGs.

Definitely would have more utility for medium GR clears though, e.g. not super speeds since you probably don't need the extra defense there. And not high tier, as above. But medium range stuff you might be working through to level some gems, something in the 5-10 min range. I can see it having more utility there.
Thanks! My push with my first round of augments is getting delayed, because I came down with a cold! I've been in bed all day.

I never get sick too! So this is terrible timing. I'll most likely use blur thanks to you.
05/24/2019 12:08 PMPosted by TrvAix
I came down with a cold! I've been in bed all day.

That's the risk with playing the Vyr build.