Constant Disconnections (Arris, Spectrum, Suddenlink)

Technical Support
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
05/26/2019 09:27 AMPosted by Maskraider
Why 128000 samples in 10 minutes?
Would you check the options on the WinMTR UI. What is the "Interval (sec)"?
The default should be 1.0.

The interval is set to 1.0 in options
05/26/2019 11:33 AMPosted by Jambrix
Kindran and Catfish,

Can you post the make and model of your router/modem device? I want to see if they are the same or similar.

It's an Arris DG2460 Router. Funny enough that it's the same brand as others posted here.
Suddenlink ISP

05/26/2019 01:39 PMPosted by Panda
My router is Arris Model#TG1682G. Spectrum is my ISP.

05/26/2019 12:59 PMPosted by Aussir
As requested, my router make and model: Arris Surfboard SBG6950AC2
Same issue here, and Im wired.
I am having the exact same issues as those above, since the new season began. I've tried check/repair option, restarting everything, etc.
I have no idea how to get that report others have...
My modem? is Arris Surfboard Model #SB6141, and my router is Linksys EA6350. I needed the router to get wifi for my kindle... lol. My gaming laptop is directly wired, though.
Helllllllp meeeeeeeee!!!!!! I just got booted out of umm... rainbow land place q.q
First time I've been there in a long time! *grumble*

*Edit: My most recent bootings happened really close together, almost immediately after logging in to run bounties. The final straw was when my game froze upon entering the game and I had to reboot the laptop to get out of it. When I was hunting down this forum, I had an odd problem, though... I could get to Blizzard website just fine, but I just got error messages when I tried to access the Diablo III game site. There is access to the D3 website now, however...

I'm going to try playing again, see if the same rampant boot issues (this has been happening occasionally, every few hours, usually, up until now) Hopefully I can game again :) AT least mostly...

*Edit 2: Ok, I was able to run bounties again without getting booted right away. I'm not the fastest bounty hunter in the west, so I'll proly get booted on another set. :/
Same issue, 2 or 3 times per hour. Also have a Arris TG2482AL and I'm practically sitting on it.
Kindran and Catfish,

Can you post the make and model of your router/modem device? I want to see if they are the same or similar.

Both of your WinMTRs indicate that the computer is completely disconnecting from the router while the WinMTR test is running. This is what makes the Sent value shoot up very fast while the Recv value stays still, so it looks like 97-99% packet loss due to the disconnection.

If there is an issue with the router itself, perhaps the firmware needs to be updated or the device is getting overloaded while playing Diablo 3, then that could be causing these disconnects.

Router:
Technicolor TC8715D

No disconnects from anything other than diablo.
I also have the same problem. It started Monday of this week and I also have followed all the fixes that Blizzard suggested. Resetting the router, flushing the DNS, unplugging the Router, checking the ports, using Blizzard repair, running anti malware, running virus scan, going into task manager and ending certain Blizzard process as suggested. After all this I still get disconnected at least once to twice an hour. I am hard wired in and I am running a smart tv wireless in the same room and when I do get disconnected from the game the tv is still going strong. Also I have shrunk the game down as soon the game
disconnects and the Internet icon at the bottom of my screen on the bottom right still shows I have connection.
As I stated earlier I have the same problem and I have Spectrum as a service provider and my router is a dual band Arris.
Yup we are getting this constant disconnect as well and it is frustrating - Not sure but it is the modem that Spectrum gave us and we run wired. I think its an Arris also.
I have had this same issue but worse today.
wow, i'm guessing i'm not the first to experience issue staying connected with D3 this season. i am also someone who can't stay connected in-game for long like within a minute or so (i will be popping out from game). normally my entire screen will just freeze and the pop up window just never seem to come.[b][/b] i can function my internet pretty okay, and i am not doing anything aside from D3 gaming. im also a wireless user on desktop. i guess if i never finish D3 season, it is not a shock to know it's not possible due to the circumstances.
I am getting the same issue. Error 1016 randomly which kicks me out where I have to log back in and use my authenticator. It always fails the first attempt to log back in and times out after entering my log in info and gives me a There was an error loading the hero. Code 395002. Error. The second attempt it works fine but shows me the season screens again with rewards etc and I have to click those off. Doesn't always do that though. It always kicks me out of my account not just out of the game. I play wow on a private server and it does the same thing. Get kicked out to log in screen which fails the first attempt to log in as well and always works fine the second time. (Yes Blizzard, I know. I will be giving you my money when Classic wow is released). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arris DG1660 is my router. Ethernet cable connected.
05/26/2019 03:16 PMPosted by Kindran
Kindran and Catfish,

It's an Arris DG2460 Router. Funny enough that it's the same brand as others posted here.
Suddenlink ISP

05/26/2019 01:39 PMPosted by Panda
My router is Arris Model#TG1682G. Spectrum is my ISP.

05/26/2019 12:59 PMPosted by Aussir
As requested, my router make and model: Arris Surfboard SBG6950AC2
Arris DG1660 Newwave is my ISP
I've never had a problem like this in the past but this season specifically I've been having the same issue. A LOT. Makes me not want to play the game at all. It's so annoying. I have an Arris modem and a Netgear router. Also have tried everything imaginable to make sure it's not something on my end. Blizzard needs to fix this.
I just lost my 3rd HC char this season with this !@#$, uninstalling the game for good.
I'm having the same issue as everyone else and have tried the same fixes to no avail my modem is an Arris TG1682G Router and Cox is my ISP.
Arris TouchstoneTG2472

Constant disconnects, started with the latest patch.
Thanks all for posting your modem makes/models so far.

We would ask that you please post WinMTR test where you capture a disconnect as well so we can compare that data.

Since most of these modems are going to be supplied and leased to you by your internet provider, it would be a good idea to contact the ISP to see if they can make sure the firmware is up to date on the modem itself.
05/27/2019 02:02 PMPosted by Jambrix
Thanks all for posting your modem makes/models so far.

We would ask that you please post [url="https://www.battle.net/support/article/27780?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]WinMTR[/url] test where you capture a disconnect as well so we can compare that data.

Since most of these modems are going to be supplied and leased to you by your internet provider, it would be a good idea to contact the ISP to see if they can make sure the firmware is up to date on the modem itself.

I've also already contacted my ISP regarding any updates to my Arris router. They have checked everything on their end and it's all up to date.