Diablo Starcraft-like Crossover

General Discussion
Imagine a Diablo style game set in the future when the denizens of sanctuary have embraced technology.
Heroes go into battle piloting robotic "exosuits". As you destroy your enemies you collect gear to upgrade your "mech". Perhaps finding jump-jets, plasma cannons, hydraulic rams, cutting tools, etc.
Your "mech" could adopt characteristics of the varying enemies that you defeat. Defeating certain enemies could reveal prototype (unique?) technology...

I love the Diablo games and want to play more games like it. I wish there were more games with similar game play but different storylines/worlds.
I've tried "path of exile", "eternium" and older RPG games like "never winter nights" but they're all pretty similar and I've never found anything that has grabbed me as tightly as Diablo.
Any games I have missed that you think I'd like?
high Tech is the last thing the Diablo universe needs.
05/11/2019 07:47 AMPosted by HolyDiver
high Tech is the last thing the Diablo universe needs.

05/11/2019 04:44 AMPosted by hawxy

I love the Diablo games and want to play more games like it. I wish there were more games with similar game play but different storylines/worlds.

[/quote]

I love the arpg genre too, and I think a futuristic environment with battle-mechs would be really cool. PoE, Diablo, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest, Torchlight (minus the Engineer class) are all low tech - low fantasy environments. I like that but it would be cool to play something different.

The closest thing I could think of is that warhammer game that came out in the last year or so; its kinda high tech - low fantasy.
Do you feel lucky, steam punk?
Meh no thanks. Diablo is great as is where it's at. It's what made it. Changes like that are just a completely different aspect. Grinding loot games really are simple.. grind for gear with difficult progression. I think you need a different genre of games. I would rather diablo stay in the time it's in. It's what makes these games different imo.
Imagine a Diablo style game set in the future when the denizens of sanctuary have embraced technology.
Heroes go into battle piloting robotic "exosuits". As you destroy your enemies you collect gear to upgrade your "mech". Perhaps finding jump-jets, plasma cannons, hydraulic rams, cutting tools, etc.
Your "mech" could adopt characteristics of the varying enemies that you defeat. Defeating certain enemies could reveal prototype (unique?) technology...

I've tried "path of exile", "eternium" and older RPG games like "never winter nights" but they're all pretty similar and I've never found anything that has grabbed me as tightly as Diablo.

Go away troll
A sci-fi arpg would be really nice actually. I honestly cant think of any that already exist. 40k would be an obvious ip to adapt.
I can see Leah being resurrected by Zergs as Kerrigan.