T16 Speed Farmer - Alternatives?

Barbarian
What's the next best alternative to Archael's speed whirlwind T13 farmer? I started off the patch by testing it to see if it could handle the jump from T13 to T16 and my results were lackluster at best. The TRUE speed version with Goldwrap, Hoarder, and Avarice Band. The DPS, particularly on elites and the RG, is just not there to be a speed farmer. I've been using a version of this for speed T13's, both season and non-season, for a couple of years simply because it was the most effective build for the job.

Mine still isn't the best geared example, <1600 Paragon with a few mild augments just to make T13 speeds incredibly fast.

To rub salt in the wound, I loaded up my old UE DH speed farmer and the drop off was pretty slight, only a few seconds slower from 13 to 16. And then I realized I had pre-2.6.1 Ancient Yang's equipped and got really salty. No 200% MS bonus on Yang's. Cubed up a decent non-ancient with 197% and T16 may as well have been T6.

So the question - what is the next best alternative in a season setting? I know in NS higher paragon players can still speed run with this build simply with overwhelming paragon and years of high-quality gear, but at a fresh start WW as a speed farmer is simply not viable in my opinion at the highest level.
Since the season set is MOTE, I'd just run a speed leap build (fire, in-geom in the cube) to begin with. A little later in the season, you can choose between speed leap, R6 HOTA, and R6 Slam (said to be an excellent speed build by JustinFan).
Thanks. I'll have to take a look at R6 Slam, it's not something I'd even heard about yet.

Given time and patience I know I could get WW working for T16, but for seasons that's a tough sell.
The rewards for T-16 just aren't scaled upwards enough to make it even worth doing. The few extra mats-gold, etc. are just not right for the added risk-difficulty.
Seasonal Barbs running any speed build will for sure struggle at that difficulty until they are properly geared and by then, the journey is probably finished anyway.
Not worth it or needed at all. T-13 is plenty good for speeds in season.
T-16 is really more carrots for NS players.
05/15/2019 06:54 AMPosted by Blackarrows
The rewards for T-16 just aren't scaled upwards enough to make it even worth doing. The few extra mats-gold, etc. are just not right for the added risk-difficulty.

Was playing non-Season last night and felt this way.

Serious question: What's the point of T16? It doesn't seem to drop more mats, keys, or legs, and we don't farm Neph Rifts for XP or gold. Why bother with T16 when T13 will always be faster to farm?

Edit: So it looks like T16 RGs do drop more GR keys. Did a few rifts with my WW speed-farmer, 18k main stat, some GG gear. Incoming damage was nasty vs RG and the RG kill time was terrible.

Fire EQ did just fine--great damage, decent speed with only 16k main stat. That means Vile Charge and R6 HOTA will be just fine. Without a significant buff, WW may be our worst speed-farm build for T16.
05/15/2019 08:20 AMPosted by Free
Serious question: What's the point of T16?

If Bliz would have doubled the DB's and key drops from T-13, then it would have some value.
They implemented it to try and increase the player base to return and show higher user numbers. But they missed again with rewards.
Maps, mob types, and mob density become more of a factor on rifts at T-16, where at T-13 they are not...
Just did T16 with my 12k main stat Impale DH. One-shotted everything.

Commence facepalming, amigos.
05/15/2019 09:30 AMPosted by Free
Just did T16 with my 12k main stat Impale DH. One-shotted everything.

Commence facepalming, amigos.

Glad I am not the only one seeing this. Sucks seeing it though.
T16 seems to have a lot more density. Like there's a lot more monsters coming at me.
Did a few runs with UE Multi and MOTE with volcano rune (which isn't that slow and a fun build).
It feels like T16 is faster than T13 tbh.
I didn't run the sage set, but if you run something that can use sage, you'll get a ton of DB's.
Did a few ancient puzzles and got a !@#$ ton of DB's.
05/15/2019 11:52 AMPosted by Roidraged
T16 seems to have a lot more density.

Wonder if this is just incidental. Has anyone else noticed this or can confirm? I haven't seen any difference in density between T13-T16.
I haven't seen any difference in density either.

I tried running WW at T16, (around 19k str), and found it too slow to kill mobs. All that movement speed is useless if you have to hang around grinding away your enemies. I tried swapping out In-geom for Furnace and BR:Ferocity for BR:Bloodshed, and this significantly improved my kill speed. It still felt like speed leap was clearing faster, though.
Yeah, Whirlwind simply doesn't have the burst damage of other builds. If you're dead set on farming T16 with a Barb, would only recommend R6 HOTA and Vile Charge if you want to maximize efficiency. If you don't mind a less efficient build, EQ will do the trick.
You know, I've never been totally sold on VC for speeds. DPS vs small groups / single target seems bad.
There is no significant difference in density that I see. It appears maybe that there are more mobs, but on T-13 some mobs are being killed before you even see them, not so on T-16, so density appears higher.

With some modifications to the speed WW build, running T-16 fast is fine for me.
In-geom, hoarder, 4 damage passives and bloodshed, no sprint either, but my gear is good...

edit: It appears that T-16 is more = to GR78+, certainly not 75 as the GR selection says.
I can run 75's around 2:10-2:30, with hoarder, oops, T-16 is way tougher, especially the RG...
During PTr I did build a perfect Frenzy/Thorn, Primal Oat/Hack. I was able to speed farm T13.

Wish they would do few changes and give us a something to do Runs.

I'll not give up. Frenz... Fren..Fr... zy!
Looks more and more like Barb is not going to be in the cards for me this season. No LON playability, which I have never done and would love to try out, nothing fresh, and Speed WW being out just ices the cake.

Free, rustle up a blue and get them on your thread.

Thanks for all the feedback all.
As they scaled keys to 3-4 now T16 is kinda worth it, I'll be honestly making monk this season to use a bit of this double sage set too but my tested go to on barb early will be Vile Charge for sure, just can't go with In-geom like in T13 which means squeeze little bit more CDR somewhere and hope there will be mobs on the way.
O.o

I swear it's only because I mentioned my Yang's was a 2.6.0 pre-buff version and look what dropped this morning.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Foamy7-1116/hero/79267091

S17 is looking more and more DH/Necro.
My estimation to be able to speed farm t16 with ww would about 2500 para+ with a certain lvl of gear as well. Im at almost 2900p and needed to test almost every set up to see what would work. I finally found one to my liking.
05/16/2019 06:53 PMPosted by chris
My estimation to be able to speed farm t16 with ww would about 2500 para+ with a certain lvl of gear as well. Im at almost 2900p and needed to test almost every set up to see what would work. I finally found one to my liking.

I tested T16 few days ago with same setup i ran T13 and it worked great. Difference compared to T13 is about 20 seconds. But i do need to be more careful with IP staying active.
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/SamZone-2129/hero/71448891
Gems are hoarder, gogok and taeguk.