Menagerist can open cows now?

General Discussion
So,Yesterday I was running some bounty's in the Cave of the moon clan I killed a menagerist and when he died a cow portal opened. Did I miss this some where in the patch notes or was it some sort of bug. I thought it might have been because I had all the pets and it was a new added reward. Later I came across another one and nothing . Has any one else had this happen?
05/20/2019 07:08 AMPosted by Agmo
Has any one else had this happen?

Yes.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22989462/patch-265-now-live-5-14-2019

-Portals left behind by Treasure Goblins may occasionally lead somewhere udderly ridiculous
-Using an Ancient or Primal Puzzle Ring in Kanai’s Cube will produce a new result
From the patch notes:

Portals left behind by Treasure Goblins may occasionally lead somewhere udderly ridiculous

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22989462/patch-265-now-live-5-14-2019

edit:

Being slow...
They can. But no one in game group want them. And i'm a curious guy i asked why for everyone.

05/19/2019 09:51 AMPosted by PardalBR
Globin which lead to Cow portal - Found this in 3 games on bounties T16. Not good enough. Everytime i entered and called team to enter ("heys guys got cow portal come") everybody left the game (and last time they ignored me bounties was close to complete).

Notes: I went to research. I talked with each player left some answered me others not. I asked this is a rare event how could it get better to make you cheer for a portal ? Because it's rare and it's design not seem that good nowadays.

Got 3 similar answer: When you are doing bounties and globin open cow each chest should drop at least one of each bounty material.

Other 2 similar answer: Each chest on cow should drop 2-3 forgotten souls at least.

Stil another single answer: Each cow should drop some amount of gold and the last 4 chest they are normal. The last reward it should be 4-6 Resplendent Chest not normal.

More 2 similar answer: Cow does not have a main role designed yet it was for exp and pool reflection now you run GR so high and speedy so it become pretty useless. Puzzle drop good gold, gem, veiled crystal. GR gives exp and power upgrade. Devs should find a new role to Cow.

And the last answer: Well cow should drop a nice amount of bloodshard and a higher chance to drop primal item. Or at least at the end upgrade 2 level of each gem equipped lower than level 50 so it would fit for mid game profit.

Conclusion: Everybody agreed current Cow reward is obsolete.
05/20/2019 07:27 AMPosted by PardalBR
They can. But no one in game group want them. And i'm a curious guy i asked why for everyone.

Cow level has two guaranteed XP pools in it. Players that value XP gain more than gold are happy to get the Cow level rather than Vault.

05/19/2019 09:51 AMPosted by PardalBR
Conclusion: Everybody agreed current Cow reward is obsolete.

I remember responding to a thread about this.
Your conclusion that everyone agreed with you is entirely incorrect.
It's amazing how many people do not even bother to read the patch notes.
05/20/2019 07:53 AMPosted by Avalon

Actually I did read them it just did not click when I read it the first time that that is what it would do.now that I saw it again and having the portal open It clicked and just a simple case of missing it.

I did ask in general chat about it when it happened and I was not the only person who missed it no one else could answer me at the time. I can not say if they read the patch notes or not or it just did not click for them either.

It’s more amazing that someone would fake information about Blizzcon when they know their line of BS would be disproven as soon as it happens.

But that didn’t stop you.
I already apologized for being on the 2018 Blizzcon hype train. I was simply reporting what others from the convention had told me. If it did not turn out to be what I was expecting, so be it, so get off of my back already. Better yet, just start playing the game, your profile is in need of a lot of work. Unless you like sounding like a broken record. No need to reply, I am done with you, your comments are set to Ignore User.
Cow level has two guaranteed XP pools in it.

The time to enter there and get exp pool i already completed 2 GR 90 run.

I challenge you. Record a video offer people to get exp pool they will ignore you. A lot of guys already ignore exp pools on ordinaries map so guess what.
05/20/2019 09:56 AMPosted by Orrion

It’s more amazing that someone would fake information about Blizzcon when they know their line of BS would be disproven as soon as it happens.

But that didn’t stop you.

ohhhhhhh haaaaaahhhaahaha. No he didn't!!! LOL
if playing pubs for bounties you shouldn't be surprised...it's all about running them as fast as possible to do 5, remake game, do 5, rinse and repeat. Taking time to do the Not the Cow level is "wasted" in a bounty group and better for a clan group, friends or just solo.

I hit the Joker's Wild in a run to get the T10 Cydaea achievement - a Bandit Shrine with a gel gob, a portal to the vault (got my Hoarder gem) AND a portal to the Not the Cow level...all I missed was a RBG (which of course still wouldn't have gotten me the Cosmic Wings)...

Unfortunately I am running a mishmash S6 build at the moment and NtC took me forever since mob damage sux with it.
05/20/2019 07:27 AMPosted by PardalBR

I've already come a cross two of these cow portals being opened by goblins this season and highest Torment I've done so far is T8. Of course the Not Cow Level is gonna be just about pointless at T8. They are best served at T13+ for dropping legendary gear.

When I come across a portal of any sort while doing bounties, I try to rush through that bounty to finish it and get out of that map, making note its location for later. That way, we get the bounties done first and then the portal as a reward in a way. It also minimizes people teleporting out of their current bounty only to have to backtrack later after the portal. It can also be incentive for players to get the bounties done faster.

05/20/2019 09:19 AMPosted by Agmo

Actually I did read them it just did not click when I read it the first time that that is what it would do.now that I saw it again and having the portal open It clicked and just a simple case of missing it.

I did ask in general chat about it when it happened and I was not the only person who missed it no one else could answer me at the time. I can not say if they read the patch notes or not or it just did not click for them either.
I missed that part in the notes too the first time I read them.
Cow Level is useless. It'd need the same treatment of the rainbow realm to make it worth it.
So yeah, anyone who clears it during a bounty game just wastes time.
Anyone who clears it at any point just wastes time TBH, but to each their own, if you have fun doing it... ^_^
05/20/2019 11:53 PMPosted by Elgareth
Cow Level is useless. It'd need the same treatment of the rainbow realm to make it worth it.

A lot of people find it useful just for the two xp pools in it and the extra xp it gives their characters
The cows are lacklustre. Back in D2, they dropped the possibility of high-end, really rare runes, special lances for barbarians and generally better gear than average.

They also had their special moo, moo-moo-moo, moo moo calls. Now they're just a vestige of themselves and are in the game just as a joke. That joke's old and it's run really thin. It's not a run worth going on. You can also add the quests to build the staff of herding are a monumental waste of time.

The cow level opened with the staff is a very poor quality dungeon with sparse drops, most of which are nothing special. No achievement either for it. I've done it twice, and it's dejecting.

Overall, it's a colossal waste of time gathering the mats for the staff of herding that promises little and delivers even less.
The cows are lacklustre. Back in D2, they dropped the possibility of high-end, really rare runes, special lances for barbarians and generally better gear than average. They were also a lot more dangerous whereas these cows are poor copies of the originals and inspire sneers of derision.

They also had their special moo, moo-moo-moo, moo moo calls. Now they're just a vestige of themselves and are in the game just as a joke. That joke's old and it's run really thin. It's not a run worth going on. You can also add the quests to build the staff of herding are a monumental waste of time.

The cow level opened with the staff is a very poor quality dungeon with sparse drops, most of which are nothing special. No achievement either for it. I've done it twice, and it's dejecting.

Overall, it's a colossal waste of time gathering the mats for the staff of herding that promises little and delivers even less.
Hey, at least these little bastards have a use now for those of us that already have all of the pets that it can drop. :)