Tyrael vs Baal?

Lore and Story
Who would win ?
In a head to head battle, more than likely Baal would win.
06/02/2019 05:59 PMPosted by KilJeaden
Who would win ?
Tyrael the Archangel of Justice or Tyrael the mortal Angel and Aspect of Wisdom?
  • Mortal Tyrael, without the aid of the Nephalem: Definitely Baal.
  • Tyrael, the Archangel of Wisdom: Hard to say. Our D2 Characters were not Nephalem at the time and they defeated Baal.

Since Baal is no more, we may never know for sure.
Tyrael, Archangel of Justice can win but if Tyrael will fight with this Baal https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eek1w (Mega Baal o_O!) then Tyrael will lose because only great nephalems like Tal Rasha can defeat him i guess.

P.S. we need more information about the mega transformations of the Great Evils.
maybe they need more tortured souls to gain that kind of power?
We was fight only with mega Belial in his mega transformation, and ofc I wanna fight with others too :D
06/09/2019 01:48 AMPosted by ParaBellum
Tyrael, Archangel of Justice can win but if Tyrael will fight with this Baal https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eek1w (Mega Baal o_O!) then Tyrael will lose because only great nephalems like Tal Rasha can defeat him i guess.

P.S. we need more information about the mega transformations of the Great Evils.
maybe they need more tortured souls to gain that kind of power?
We was fight only with mega Belial in his mega transformation, and ofc I wanna fight with others too :D

Won't lie, that's an awesome damn depiction of the battle between Baal and the Horadrim (at least that's what I think it is).
So all evil has a mega transformation? Lesser evils ? They can defeat Tyrael ?
06/10/2019 07:46 AMPosted by KilJeaden
So all evil has a mega transformation? Lesser evils ? They can defeat Tyrael ?

Don't think so.

Tyrael was able to defeat Azmodan long ago. As such, I'm pretty sure Tyrael can match and even best the other Lesser Evils as well. The Prime Evils however, is another story.
I never read in lore that Baal has a mega form
06/10/2019 10:21 AMPosted by KilJeaden
I never read in lore that Baal has a mega form

I never read too but I saw it in official art from Book of Tyrael
So all evil has a mega transformation?

I hope all of seven great evils :)
Lesser evils ?

dont know but they ofc can increase their power
They can defeat Tyrael ?

yes I guess if they "consume more souls", but Tyrael and Imperius is a best fighters of High Heavens it will be not so easy
Thank you :)
I believe the balance is that the lesser evils are generally trumped by archangels, and prime evils are relatively even with a slight advantage in raw power (but then, circumstance is key for any matchup between them).
You think that prime evils are stronger than the lesser evils ?
07/04/2019 12:34 PMPosted by KilJeaden
You think that prime evils are stronger than the lesser evils ?

Indeed.

There hasn't been anything in the lore to suggest that the lesser evils are stronger than the prime evils.
Azmodan created the demonic hellflyers after he nearly lost to Tyrael in battle thousands of years ago. The angels made glorious use of their great luminescent wings to outmaneuver the demon host and assail its commander. Frustrated by his near defeat, Azmodan began breeding winged demons capable of tearing the angels asunder - Deckard Cain

Tyrael needed help. Prehaps Tyrael 1vs1 cannot defeat Azmodan.
07/05/2019 08:23 AMPosted by KilJeaden
Tyrael needed help. Prehaps Tyrael 1vs1 cannot defeat Azmodan.

It's never been stated that Tyrael needed reinforcements or that the reinforcements were the deciding factor in Tyrael's victory, so in all honesty I truly can't say.

However, even after creating the winged demons, Azmodan hadn't gained any kind of victory over Tyrael in battle (at least none worth mentioning). So either the Demonic Hellflyers weren't as effective as Azmodan hoped, or they were ineffective against angels of Tyrael's caliber.