Avarice Challenge & GR?

General Discussion
Is there a GR completion that will reward the necessary amount of gold needed to compete the Avarice or Avaritia challenge?

This is only my second Season, so I'm not to familiar?
The gold from GR completion does not count for a gold streak, it has to be piles of gold dropped on the floor.

The Avarice (SC) / Avarita (HC) conquests require a 50,000,000 gold streak.

Whilst it's possible to achieve these conquests by clearing mob-heavy maps such as "Not The Cow Level" whilst wearing a Boon of the Hoarder gem, that method relies to some extent on luck, and having had a trip to Greed's Vault to obtain the gem and level it up.

However, there is a slow but 100% sure way to get the conquest done that involves opening bounty caches. Ensure you dismiss your pet and that you stand still whilst opening them. Once you've opened all the caches, re-enable your pet and it will pick up the gold in a streak.

A T13 bounty cache contains 1,190,000 gold.
43 T13 caches contain enough gold to achieve the conquest.

A T14 bounty cache contains 1,440,000 gold.
35 T14 caches contain enough gold to achieve the conquest.

A T15 bounty cache contains 1,540,000 gold.
33 T15 caches contain enough gold to achieve the conquest.

A T16 bounty cache contains 1,640,000 gold.
31 T16 caches contain enough gold to achieve the conquest.
Thanks for your detail response, it was very helpful.
05/19/2019 09:06 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Whilst it's possible to achieve these conquests by clearing mob-heavy maps such as "Not The Cow Level" whilst wearing a Boon of the Hoarder gem, that method relies to some extent on luck,

Luck is not required any more. A level 50 gold gem, Avarice Band, and a little bit of movement is all you need. Do a T16 Rift, or Fields of Misery, or Agony 3, or some other maps, and get a 50,000,000 streak without problems.

Even the build doesn't matter, I use S6 in T16 rifts and bounties right now, and I get the 50,000,000 in almost every rift, sometimes even 100,000,000 ...

So basically, do a tonne of bounties and then open the caches all at once... interesting idea,
05/19/2019 02:18 PMPosted by kreecher

So basically, do a tonne of bounties and then open the caches all at once... interesting idea,

You'll want the mats anyway so once you can speed run split bounties.....

To add to Meteorblade's list, 50 T10 bounties will do the trick if split T13 are too difficult early in the season, plus 10 full T10 runs is probably about the same speed as 9 full T13 runs (depending on class and gear).

It is extremely important to dismiss your pet (and not have Marauder 6 or Ferret DH companion active) since you can not have all 50 on your character. You need to open the caches, reopen your stash without moving, move the rest into your inventory, open the remaining ones and then move around to pick it all up at once. I personally open my caches on a waypoint in town and then use to the map key to switch towns so that I don't accidentally pick up anything while going back for the 2nd batch of caches from your stash.
05/19/2019 03:19 PMPosted by Khord
To add to Meteorblade's list, 50 T10 bounties will do the trick if split T13 are too difficult early in the season

A T10 cache contains 1,040,000 gold, so 49 of those caches is enough for the streak.
05/19/2019 03:19 PMPosted by Khord
You'll want the mats anyway so once you can speed run split bounties.....

Yep, you can pretty much kill 2 birds with one stone.
05/19/2019 02:18 PMPosted by kreecher
I have always said it's a horrible idea. Granted, you need the Bounty materials to use other features of the game, so by collecting the Bounty Caches you could kill several birds with one stone. However, if you have plenty of Bounty materials, or its toward the end of the season and all you really want to do is get the Conquest, then the amount of time and effort needed to collect those caches is simply unreasonable.

I play a Demon Hunter, so your experience might be different than mine, but I use a rank 50 Boon of the Hoarder gem, the Avarice Band ring, and the Goldwrap belt. What usually happens is that later in the game I'll simply be clearing one of the large open maps based on the Festering Woods, Eternal Woods, Fields of Misery, Weeping Hollow, or Highlands, and all of the sudden the Avarita! callout will appear on my screen telling me that I have achieved the Conquest, without even having tried to. Plus, I get the added bonus of being pretty much invulnerable after the first few kills thanks to the Goldwrap belt.
05/19/2019 04:00 PMPosted by Slamboney
I have always said it's a horrible idea.

I just used the cache method to get Avarice done a couple of hours ago. So, whilst it might well be a lot easier to use the Boon of the Hoarder method later into the season, this method is extremely reliable early on and also gives you lots of bloodshards to gamble, and Bounty materials for extracting 40 powers for Guardian.
Ruins of Corvus has worked every time for me; first, run through the entire map with a build set up for toughness, and don't kill anything, you just want to get all the little scarabs to come out of their hiding places and be 'active' on the map. Once that's done, change over to your avarice band / hoarder / goldwrap build, run back through the map and enjoy an target rich environment filled with abundant easy to kill targets that make it easy to reach the 50 million target.
custodian wraps in the cube - will reduce how long you need to level an alt if you are going for the master the set dungeons.
Another way noone has mentioned yet, bit of luck needed. How I did it last time this showed up, on atleast t13, find a gilded baron goblin. At that difficulty, with 50 paragon into gold find, will net you enough. Keep in mind rng might give you a little less than needed, so boon of the hoarder is still a good idea after killing it, go kill a few mobs quickly enough for the chain to stay.
the Avarice Band ring

Everyone forgets this is in a bounty cache. It may take you 10 bounty runs just to get the ring. Might as well do 10 TX split runs, open the bags, get the conquest. If you get an avarice, save it for stockpiling gold in rifts.

In a slow split group, you should be doing a run in less than 15 minutes. In less than 2.5 hours you should have enough caches to do the conquest plus have the mats.
05/19/2019 09:43 PMPosted by Alexismad
the Avarice Band ring

Everyone forgets this is in a bounty cache. It may take you 10 bounty runs just to get the ring. Might as well do 10 TX split runs, open the bags, get the conquest. If you get an avarice, save it for stockpiling gold in rifts.

In a slow split group, you should be doing a run in less than 15 minutes. In less than 2.5 hours you should have enough caches to do the conquest plus have the mats.
I've always done bounty cache for avarice, not only do you also get mats but the avarice band and ring of royal grandeur
I have not tried but i will try this season since i never liked bounties.

A challenger rift cache contains ~4,600,000 gold. If you have 2 (this week and next week), this means you still have to collect 40,800,000. You need 35 T13 caches and not 43.
05/20/2019 12:59 AMPosted by Nero
A challenger rift cache contains ~4,600,000 gold.

They buffed the contents of Challenge Rift caches. I can't remember exactly how much gold was in mine, but it was at least 5 million gold. There were also 35DBs compared to the 10DBs they previously gave. This means that you can not only gamble for useful legendaries at low level, you can also extra a weapon power.
I don't think there is a buff on gold. Upgrading the Blacksmith, Mystic and Jeweler (lvl1 to lvl12) cost together ~300,000 gold and I have ~4,300,000 gold right now.
05/20/2019 02:43 AMPosted by Nero
I don't think there is a buff on gold.

Just to check, I did this week's CHR and collected the cache on a brand new HC hero.
The cache contained 5,100,000 gold, an increase over previous patches where it was 4,600,000.
http://ximg.co.uk/images/2019/05/21/d3_challenge_rift_cache_contents.jpg
Whilst it's possible to achieve these conquests by clearing mob-heavy maps such as "Not The Cow Level" whilst wearing a Boon of the Hoarder gem, that method relies to some extent on luck, and having had a trip to Greed's Vault to obtain the gem and level it up.

I did this without even knowing by hitting a 100m+ gold streak on T16. You don't need any kind of setup other than using a Boon of the Hoarder for that conquest with the amount of gold that drops there.