WD Darts question about element

General Discussion
Can someone tell me why the physical rune Spined Dart is peferred for a Dagger of Darts build when most players are stacking poison dmg? I understand that the fetishes are shooting poison arrows, is the player dmg neglible?
When playing the zuni variant of carnevil, the player damage is indeed neglibe.
But even in the LON variant the physical rune is prefered because poison dart is now a "primary skill that generate resource", having synergy with "depth diggers" for up to 100% more damage on the players darts.
Aha, I thought Darts already was a primary kill, now I understand. Thanks for your help!
05/19/2019 11:02 AMPosted by Junky
Aha, I thought Darts already was a primary kill, now I understand. Thanks for your help!

It is a primary skill. However the Depth Diggers have 2 requirements, and primary skill, and one that generates resource.

For Wizard and Witch Doctor their inherent primary skills does not generate resource. Wizard needs either a passive skill or an item to turn their primary skills into generators. For Witch Doctor it requires certain runes on select skills.
If you choose to use something like Swamp Land Waders for the 20% elemental damage bonus, you can change the rune to something like Snake to the Face, which gives some nice CC. But yeah, I use the DD setup with physical.
Aha, of course, I am a noob. I have mostly played DH.
So, with that rune, use bracers with physical I guess?
05/20/2019 02:19 AMPosted by Cybah
So, with that rune, use bracers with physical I guess?
No. That would only affect you..you still want to "play to the crowd". 10 little dudes firing poison with multipliers galore.