Please fix switch rankings!!!!

Console Discussion
There must be a way to get rid of all the cheaters on the switch, I mean rank 150 really? Why can’t Nintendo switch fix this? I don’t even know who’s legit or not, such a good game but screwed up by these hackers and modifiers it’s ridiculous....
I mean what is the point of cheating and being at rank 150 ? We know u cheated!!! Please blizzard and Nintendo you MUST get rid of this problem.
This has been an issue since likely before I even got D3 on Switch. It's a plague that Blizzard needs to do something about. They should ban all the cheaters, but apparently they're unable to do so, from what I'm told. If this is the case, they need to fix that.

Personally, I stick to playing solo or with family/friends whom I know would never cheat. Severely cuts down on the number of people I'm willing to play with, sadly.
05/23/2019 06:26 AMPosted by Cruciarius
This has been an issue since likely before I even got D3 on Switch. It's a plague that Blizzard needs to do something about. They should ban all the cheaters, but apparently they're unable to do so, from what I'm told. If this is the case, they need to fix that.

Personally, I stick to playing solo or with family/friends whom I know would never cheat. Severely cuts down on the number of people I'm willing to play with, sadly.

Yea I’m the same way, I mainly play this at work solo, not much time to play at home, but if this game got rid of them cheaters I would actually play even harder to climb those leaderboards, o well, I’ll still play this no matter what
D3 devs don't care. Simple as that. They should add sanitization to their leaderboard that checks if an item can even exist in the game but they won't. They could enforce that only online enabled save files can be used for leaderboards but they won't. There's lots of ways to push back against save file cheaters but D3 devs don't care.
That would require them using their server space for the saves but probably some deal with the consoles where they can't use their servers.
05/24/2019 08:30 AMPosted by Brogetoku
D3 devs don't care. Simple as that.

There's nothing simple about it. People don't seem to realize that Blizzard has absolutely zero control over the leaderboards on Switch or on any other console. If you want to get rid of cheaters on console leaderboards, moan to the console manufacturers who actually manage the leaderboards!
05/24/2019 08:30 AMPosted by Brogetoku
D3 devs don't care. Simple as that. They should add sanitization to their leaderboard that checks if an item can even exist in the game but they won't. They could enforce that only online enabled save files can be used for leaderboards but they won't. There's lots of ways to push back against save file cheaters but D3 devs don't care.

…. Seasonal save files are all only online enabled (can't play your Seasonal heroes if you aren't online), but there's still cheaters on the Seasonal leaderboards.

The issue is that data is stored locally on the consoles. This makes sense for consoles - especially the Switch, which is touted as a mobile console. Blizzard has zero control over your console or its files, just like they have zero control over your personal computer.
Look guys...this is simple...it is not a Blizzard issue.

The leaderboards are hosted by MS/Sony & Nintendo on their servers, not Blizzards.

They will not do anything to do those Leaderboards.

Blizzard will not introduce anything into their game to combat an exploit that is not in there game.

The fact is save editors work on Switch because the Nintendo Switch console, with its firmware, has been hacked.

Blizzard will not address a console platform specific issue and Nintendo will not address the public key leak because they can't nor will they change an online game leaderboards that they host.

Because they have no way of knowing who has edited their save even though the results are obvious to us.

Ergo, on PS4, XB1 and Switch we have exploiters who abuse mechanics of the offline save feature of D3, or as in the case of Switch, darn right edit their save to cheat.

Blizzard nor the console maker can do anything about it because the fault is split between them.

The reason why Blizzard ban PC cheaters is because they host the PC leaderboards, the saves are on their servers and they can prove 100% a person is botting.

Blizzard can not prove 100% anyone cheats on console.

Leaderboards on console will never be amended as has been the case since we got Season in Season 10 even though experienced D3 players like myself can spot, and call out on YouTube (my channel is awash with cheating videos) those that cheat because of the hybrid nature of Seasons on console hosted on a console platform with the Blizzard game running on top.

But Switch aside...don't let that deter you.

Play Seasons and enjoy the experience...the joy from playing 3 months with friends with RNG affecting every season you play is great.

On PS4 and XB1, I and many others are testimony that we can finish number 1 on the leaderboards...solo and group...without an ounce of cheating...beating cheaters...through determination and a little skill.