Best Wiz season builds

Wizard
I heard LON Star Pact Archon is the best wizard build but it's really difficult to master so I probably won't use it.

Which other build is the strongest? Vyr Archon Chantodo, Firebirds Meteor or any other?
Chantodo Vyr's. Easier to play than Star Pact, high ceiling, great speedfarming build.

Then just sprinkle in a little bit of LoN Frozen Orb for bounties and vaults (for vaults, w/ Broken Crown and Goldskin etc.).
05/22/2019 02:11 PMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
Chantodo Vyr's. Easier to play than Star Pact, high ceiling, great speedfarming build.

Then just sprinkle in a little bit of LoN Frozen Orb for bounties and vaults (for vaults, w/ Broken Crown and Goldskin etc.).

Heck, LoN FO for T16 and GR75.

But yeah, Vyr Chantodo is so stupid strong. I don't see Star Pact topping it, except for maybe super skilled players.
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-vyr-archon-build-patch-2-6-5-season-17 is

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-dmo-frozen-orb-build-patch-2-6-5-season-17

are those builds good? I'm a firebird wiz but I guess I'm gonna change for a vyr chatodo. btw I play more with random teams than solo if that matters
The first one (Vyr's) is good.

The second one is meh. I wouldn't play that version of Frozen Orb, it's obnoxious without Teleport. And with the season of LoN, I don't see much point in playing DMO Frozen Orb unless you just don't have very many ancients.

Try this LoN Frozen Orb build instead (shamelessly stolen from Cratic's thread https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771467016 ): https://www.d3planner.com/696596487
Can confirm LoN FO is stupid stupid fun and brings back some feels of the glory days for wiz, imo.
Which one of those two (Vyr Chantodo vs LoN FO) is stronger? Or maybe they are similar in power?

I want to focus on one build, it's pretty hard to get all ancients (not to mention primals!) gear and I don't play so much to farm thousands of mats for rolling tens of items in the cube.

Are you sure FO build doesn't need things like black hole, slow thing etc? The build you linked that has with just ray of frost and frozen orb seems to be pretty easy and nice. I haven't seen any wizard playing this build - most solo wizard play Vyr Chantodo and group wizard play LoN Star Pact.
I've played Vyr's Archon build in the past and I think it'd be nice to try this FO build but only if the dps/survivality/etc are close enough to Vyr Chantodo (for both solo and group games). If Vyr is much, much better than FO then I'd pick Vyr build. I don't want to waste hours of farming mats just to end up with a build that's weak at some point.

btw : why does this build have a Broken Crown? shouldn't it have a helm that would deal damage or give attack speed (and then change tal rasha's torso for any legendary torso and get +750% dmg buff?)
ring with no legendary affix, witch doctor pants? armor from gold pickup - not gonna work in great rifts. shoulders with buffed town portal?! I feel like this build is ONLY viable for bounties or normal rift runs.
btw 2 : does this chantodo buff mean I get +80000% weapon dmg with 20 stacks? I guess those stacks are much more important than the amount of archont stacks?
btwa 3 : what's the rotation for vyr chantodo build? when I get in archont should I use 2nd skill the shield? When I keep teleporting and hitting as many mobs I can with the beam should I keep hitting with 1st ability or is it not necessary?
05/24/2019 03:54 PMPosted by Lisq
Which one of those two (Vyr Chantodo vs LoN FO) is stronger? Or maybe they are similar in power?

[/quote]

Vyr Chantodo is way stronger by far. So far, there is no comparison. I'd say, just focus the Vyrs build, and if you happen to collect something good for FO keep it just in case.

FO takes a lot more ancient gear, a lot more paragon, etc just to even keep up with Vyr. It's kind of cool for bounties, or if you want to chill, but anything FO can do, Vyr can do faster and about 20+ GR levels higher at same speed.

That being said, FO doesn't really need a slow. I run a bit different build of it occasionally, no ray of frost, it's magic missle (cold), frozen orb, teleport, familiar, magic weapon and storm armor.

I don't get the broken crown either. What I use is more like this:
https://www.d3planner.com/494134409. (Courtesy of Bludhsed on youtube)

Witch doctor pants for the 20% elemental damage.

And yeah, usually won't go gold pickup on GR (or even necessarily bounties)

The chantodo buff is huge. It's stupid huge. But, you still want to cycle through the out of archon phase fast enough so you go back in to archon still holding stacks from the last time. Miss that, and it's like starting over, and that can be dangerous if pushing.

Not so much a rotation in the Vyr/Chantodo.

Start out rift, Arcane Torrent to build up a few stacks (How many depends on how dangerous the start of the rift is - more dangerous switch to Archon sooner.)

First time in Archon, use the ray to build up archon faster. When archon is over, arcane torrent to build up chantodo's fast, then back in archon and use the smash (mouse 1) and the explosive blast one. Rinse, repeat.

The biggest thing about the build is smoothing out that cycle. Too much teleport or black hole out of archon, you'll slow archon coming off CD from zodiac. But, a well aimed teleport and placed black hole can speed it up (By hitting a lot more enemies with torrent).
Okay then, I will stick with the Vyr's build and then collect gear for FO build just for bounties or rift speed runs.

then back in archon and use the smash (mouse 1) and the explosive blast one. Rinse, repeat.

shouldn't I just teleport forward and kill or just hit everything with the ray again, to get as many archon stacks as I can for the 2nd group of stacks and to find bigger groups of monsters/elites to fill the bar faster? I usually do that because either there are no elites (and I guess I should prioritize finding them) OR there are just few monsters on my screen and it's a waste of an archon OR the are many monsters, but they are packed in different groups all over the screen and it's faster and better to kill them with the beam instead of using the first smash option on a small range around me because I either have to wait for them to come to me or teleport to them and smash them (if they are ranged)

In general the build is nice, but I have tough moments where I deal almost 0 damage or I get killed in a second even when having all the buffs and stuff...

(btw sorry for my english, I'm from Poland (Europe) : P"
Usually after the initial buildup I won't use beam anymore, and will just teleport to packs and smash. Stacks will build up fast if you get back in quick enough so still have stacks from the previous archon, and smashing will also keep enemies in range of the chantodo buffed explosions.

You should probably check out this thread here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771657054

A pretty detailed discussion of how to play vyr/chantodo going on there.
btw : why does this build have a Broken Crown? shouldn't it have a helm that would deal damage or give attack speed

This is a speed build, and if you don't need the extra bonus from a Leoric Crown, then why not take the extra gems?
You could go for an Andarials Visage for the elemental DMG, but again, that still won't make it better than Vyr with Chando.
05/23/2019 09:14 AMPosted by Moridin
Can confirm LoN FO is stupid stupid fun and brings back some feels of the glory days for wiz, imo.

but you have to keep up the offhand buff and that makes it really clunky imho
The LoN FO build linked uses Broken crown because it is intended for nephalem rifting.

This is also why I placed Hoarder, Avarice band, Gloves of worship, and an excess of gold % on gear (alternate to Tals chest of Goldskin even).

If you want a build for greater rifting, perhaps you should look at the listing intended for GRs.

EDIT: To explain a bit further, the gold, utility, and extra gems collected are of more benefit since we don't necessarily need the extra Elemental % here from a Frostburns or Andariel's (already have a base of 80%), and while Leoric's Crown is still a good pick, I feel the Broken crown at least allows LoN FO a nicety as compared to a Tal Sage setup or simply running Vyr Chantodo's, though admittedly you could fit in Broken crown with Vyr's+RoRG at higher paragon and augmentation.
05/25/2019 08:57 AMPosted by BigBoss
05/23/2019 09:14 AMPosted by Moridin

but you have to keep up the offhand buff and that makes it really clunky imho

Not hard at all. Stutterstep ftw. Ezpz
05/25/2019 08:12 AMPosted by storytime42
btw : why does this build have a Broken Crown? shouldn't it have a helm that would deal damage or give attack speed

This is a speed build, and if you don't need the extra bonus from a Leoric Crown, then why not take the extra gems?
You could go for an Andarials Visage for the elemental DMG, but again, that still won't make it better than Vyr with Chando.

The problem is I don't know if I need the extra bonus or not :P And why would I need gems?

I wanted to use this FO build for speedruns like bounties, t16 rifts or low GRifts - because it's pretty easy, kills everything asap (?) and has endless teleport.
But I don't know if the damage will be high enough to kill everything smoothly at T16 with full team.

Zilthy thanks for the link, I have a question about vyr's build so I'll ask it in that topic

btw: I actually have a primal Leoric's Crown so may I use it. My other primals so far are Arthef's Spark of Life (lol), The Witching Hour, Serpent's Sparker and Depth Diggers. Do you think I could use any of them in the FO build?
You can definitely use witching hour and cube shame of delsere. If you have 13 ancients equipped with proper rolls and say ~ 600paragon you should have no problems clearing T16.
It won't really matter which legendaries you use (aside from the ones specific to FO build), but Nemesis will increase clear speed considerably so I'd try to equip those.

EDIT. I see you mentioned "full team". In that case you'll probably need higher paragon. I think 800 should be enough though, that's what I had when I cleared split bounties on T16.
Btw, the top tier build Vyr-Chantodo has undergone some changes, Frost Nova instead of Teleport and Strongarm Bracers instead of Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer ( it's #1 EU seasonal atm ).
Why hasn’t no one mentioned the LoN meteor build, I am destroying everything , I’m at gr 97 with only 550 paragon, no augments and only one primal ring, this build is amazingly tanky and super damage meteors just obliterate everything, especially rift guardians!!!