When did this game get nerfed so hard?

General Discussion
I haven't logged into diablo3 for about a year. But a week ago, I decided to jump back in and play. But suddenly everything seemed really easy. Originally I had to really move around and use strategy on normal-hard mode. But now I just finished Diablo on Torment by just standing on him and whacking him until he died.

Either I've stumbled upon the perfect barbarian build, or something has seriously changed.
05/28/2019 06:08 PMPosted by Tabius
But now I just finished Diablo on Torment by just standing on him and whacking him until he died.

What torment tier?
I haven't logged into diablo3 for about a year. But a week ago, I decided to jump back in and play. But suddenly everything seemed really easy. Originally I had to really move around and use strategy on normal-hard mode. But now I just finished Diablo on Torment by just standing on him and whacking him until he died.

Either I've stumbled upon the perfect barbarian build, or something has seriously changed.
the game was designed for gear that nothing was ideal for class and now you get these powerful ideal stat sets you plow through stuff.
This game require absolutely no skills so yeah its always been pretty easy.
If Diablo is not enough of a threat for your liking, this is a very simple problem to solve. If the going is too easy, you're supposed to turn up the difficulty. And if you want to live life on the edge, play hardcore.
Enter greater rift level 130 solo and come back. Torments levels is just used for farming for the GR end game.
Issue here I find is your year gap.

Most all the sets got huge power creep bonuses and even some items including the LON rings.

So yes, the game would be easier for you just because you are now doing 500-15000% more damage depending on set.
issue is not your year gap
its the devs' design decisions.
specifically, compared to Diablo 1 n 2s devs.

The difference is real.
The former games are more-liked, by miles, because of that.
What Torment level? There are 16 of them.

Nothing has changed from a year ago other than increasing the damage output of sets.

Are you being intentionally vague to bolster your opinion?
I don't think that is what "nerfed" means. I guess I could be wrong, but I always thought of "nerfed" as a powerful piece of gear made less powerful, not the other way around. I think what you meant was "dumbed down."
How many sets have you collected?

What level GR are you capable of completing?

How is your season journey coming along?

Conquests?

Other characters?

Different builds?

No, you haven't finished by a long shot.
05/29/2019 06:41 AMPosted by DonMartin
How many sets have you collected?

What level GR are you capable of completing?

How is your season journey coming along?

Conquests?

Other characters?

Different builds?

No, you haven't finished by a long shot.

How fast did it take you to reach lvl 99 in d2?
How fast did it take you to reach lvl 70 in d3?

Please don't quote me and talk about paragons, literally useless after 800. Don't even try and defend the +5 mainstat meme, it's a lazy design choice resulting in massive power creep
05/29/2019 07:22 AMPosted by Praetorian
Please don't quote me and talk about paragons

Never did.
Diablo on torment 1 was easy for you?

You'll be crushing the leaderboards in no time.
him

You sure you're playing D3?
There's like 15 additional difficulty level above torment...And There's also Greater Rift game mode that goes all the way up to 150. You think it's an easy game because of your lack of knowledge of the game. Aim high, try getting your name on the leaderboards. Good luck.