Manald Heal

Wizard
Why no Manald Heal in Vyrs now?
Because Chantodo's got such a big buff. Cold Chantodo's buffed by Absolute Zero, an extra passive slot, and CoE is significantly more damage than lightning Chantodo's with a passive slot used for Paralysis and Manald Heal instead of CoE.
05/30/2019 11:17 AMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
Because Chantodo's got such a big buff. Cold Chantodo's buffed by Absolute Zero, an extra passive slot, and CoE is significantly more damage than lightning Chantodo's with a passive slot used for Paralysis and Manald Heal instead of CoE.

Tinne generously found Manald Heal would have to be 30,000% wpn damage to compare with Convention of Elements, roughly double the 14,000% wpn damage it is now.

They really should have redesigned Convention to add % damage buff every different element you incorporated into your build. Another shining example of a legendary power that could have really been more interesting.

Also, I think it's very unlikely Manald Heal will ever hit for 30,000% weapon damage, which is available to equip at level 27. You could do t6 ALL the way through the game :P
05/30/2019 01:42 PMPosted by Venaliter
Tinne generously found Manald Heal would have to be 30,000% wpn damage to compare with Convention of Elements,

I'd take that with a grain of salt. A particularly large grain of salt.

I've never fully understood the intricacies of the Manald Heal proc mechanics. I'm really not sure my math on chance of proc windows vs. procs within windows in anywhere close to an accurate representation of real-world Manald proc DPS. That's actually a lower number than I was expecting.

Also note that that was assuming we were comparing Chantodo's + CoE vs. Chantodo's + Manald. So Manald only has to make up the CoE buff. If we want Manald to stand on it's own without Chantodo's, the number gets a lot bigger (like 3x bigger).
05/30/2019 01:42 PMPosted by Venaliter
Tinne generously found Manald Heal would have to be 30,000% wpn damage to compare with Convention of Elements,

I'd take that with a grain of salt. A particularly large grain of salt.
If we want Manald to stand on it's own without Chantodo's, the number gets a lot bigger (like 3x bigger).

I've been toying with making a post of potentially updated legendary affixes. I think I might have to slightly redesign how Manald heal works. Maybe enemies stunned by Paralysis take 60-65% more damage? I think that would keep it in the realm of "viable" yet maintain the spirit of the item.
No slots to equip Manald. Obsidian + Compass + CoE / Karini is mandatory. The dealing from Manald is negligible comparing to Chantodo Wave.
05/30/2019 03:31 PMPosted by Sangyung
No slots to equip Manald. Obsidian + Compass + CoE / Karini is mandatory. The dealing from Manald is negligible comparing to Chantodo Wave.

Sort of. It needs to compete with COE. And Karini is not mandatory. With max CDR (on every item) Obsidian may not be either.
I tried CoE, and I died too easily with it.

What is you guys trick to have CoE in your Vyr and still alive at high GR?
05/31/2019 06:57 AMPosted by Kilometer

Augments, and optimal rolls on defensive pieces. You can look at my armory if you like.
If you really want to play with MH, you can try my special LoN MH build !
https://www.d3planner.com/536160446

Actually, it does blast !@#$s !
05/31/2019 06:57 AMPosted by Kilometer

I transform at the begining of high GR while using CoE. Then I scout and gather mobs in good position and get 20 stacks of Chantodo and transform again. Although everyone feels CoE + Force Armor quite squishy but they just use it because it is powerful. I personally prefer Karini + Storm Armor (Shocking Aspect) + Blood Bracer + Deflection + Galvanizing Ward. You won't die at the center of Arcane and Molten.