T16 bounties

General Discussion
Are they still a piece of cake or is there a more efficient Torment level for doing them?
If you have a good group, they are a piece of cake.

Seasonal pub games have been hit or miss for me. Some games are okay if you get a couple of decent players, some games are awful with people dying left right and center taking ages to do bounties.

My last 3 sets of T16 pub splits with full 4p groups, I did 11.5, 12.5 and 13 of the 25 bounties. Any group where one person ends up doing that many bounties is not very efficient.

Most of the people in t16 pub splits in seasonal should probably be in T14 or T15. The problem is that the sheer number of torment levels fragments the player base. There's occasionally a couple people in T14. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in T15.

You will find another big group of players in T13. If you are doing pubs, find T16s are slow, and want to do them relatively efficiently, you'll probably be forced down to T13 just because that's where the players are.

I'd argue the majority of people doing seasonal pubs actually shouldn't be in T13 or T16 where most of them congregate, but actually in T14. After the changes to torment scaling on PTR, T14 is actually a every minor jump in enemy HP from T13 (only about 1.37x more HP, compared to 2.19x for the other torment jumps), so if you can do T13 but not T16, you should probably just do T14, as it has an excellent reward to enemy HP ratio compared to the other torments.
06/04/2019 06:06 AMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
If you have a good group, they are a piece of cake.

Seasonal pub games have been hit or miss for me. Some games are okay if you get a couple of decent players, some games are awful with people dying left right and center taking ages to do bounties.

My last 3 sets of T16 pub splits with full 4p groups, I did 11.5, 12.5 and 13 of the 25 bounties. Any group where one person ends up doing that many bounties is not very efficient.

Most of the people in t16 pub splits in seasonal should probably be in T14 or T15. The problem is that the sheer number of torment levels fragments the player base. There's occasionally a couple people in T14. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in T15.

You will find another big group of players in T13. If you are doing pubs, find T16s are slow, and want to do them relatively efficiently, you'll probably be forced down to T13 just because that's where the players are.

I'd argue the majority of people doing seasonal pubs actually shouldn't be in T13 or T16 where most of them congregate, but actually in T14. After the changes to torment scaling on PTR, T14 is actually a every minor jump in enemy HP from T13 (only about 1.37x more HP, compared to 2.19x for the other torment jumps), so if you can do T13 but not T16, you should probably just do T14, as it has an excellent reward to enemy HP ratio compared to the other torments.

I echo some of the same, I have more luck or (material/hour) rate at T13 and T15 games then T16 games. Group of us early on tried at T16 a few times and while its nice, we found that T15 actually gave more mats/hour since remember each torment you go up, your only gaining 2 extra per cache. (13 gives 16, 15 gives 20 and 16 gives 22).

Also the difference in gains from T15 to T16 from the benefits isn't that much when monster health is doubled from T15 to T16.
-16 gives an additional 30% chance for a 3 cache legendary (50vs80)
-16 gives a 50% chance at a 4th Death Breath
`16 gives 2 additional bounty mats.
If your doing bounties for XP or gold your doing it wrong

The benefits from T16 bounties is really not much better if you can't clear 16 as quickly at T15.
Piece of cake to my Impale and/or Multishot DH.
06/04/2019 06:06 AMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
Most of the people in t16 pub splits in seasonal should probably be in T14 or T15. The problem is that the sheer number of torment levels fragments the player base. There's occasionally a couple people in T14. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in T15

Nice overall analysis and I think this is the key take away. The additional torment levels pretty much fractured a small player base to begin with and most players feel they should either stick to the old T13 or just go all in and go T16 even though the most efficient runs are probably in between those torment levels for many.
I dunno, I'm one/two shotting at t16, so may as well.

That's how I determine it.. Any more than 2 attacks to kill blue/yellow mobs, is too slow.

Some would even say any more than 1 hit is too much for farming.

I'm still amazed they added torment levels, instead of retuning the current ones (and maybe even lessen the amount of torments after adjusting them).
It depends on whether you're doing Season bounties or Non-season.
Seasons can be hit or miss due to under-geared players running around in torments they can't handle.

In non-season the chances are much higher that you will get an adequately geared group. Most established characters shouldn't see much of a slowdown in clearing T16 vs. T13.
My personal rule of thumb. In pub games, do bounties on a torment 5-10 greater rift levels below what you have completed. Should be able to steamroll it with the 4 player difficulty increase.
With the proper gear you can solo Torment 16 with ease. Especially with a UE multi-shot Demon Hunter. My glass canon off-season Demon Hunter with a newbie like 1300 paragon (low end for off-season play), but with primal ancient weapons, can clear it in very fast time.

My seasonal Demon Hunter, which I briefly played this season (just to get my pet, stash tab and galacic wings) struggled with Torment 16 runs with a non primal ancient Yang's Recurve Bow. I wasn't dishing out enough damage. I need primals to play well with my bum self. I'm the worst Diablo 3 player out there but I always say if I can do it so can you!!!!
06/04/2019 11:58 PMPosted by DreamTeam
Especially with a UE multi-shot Demon Hunter

I find it struggles against bosses unless you give up your speed boosts. If I was to give up speed, I think wizard wins out.