Do Blizzard sometimes nerfs classes during a season ?

General Discussion
Don't really feeling like playing Wiz, but feeling like playing a strong DPS class this time around. Was hoping Bliz recovers some senses and nerfs Wiz a bit so I don't feel like I "have" to play it. (Playing in HC, if that makes any difference).
Rarely, they will hotfix something before a season starts. However, I don't believe they will make any changes during a season (at least I don't recall them ever doing so).
05/16/2019 11:39 AMPosted by Norz
Was hoping Bliz recovers some senses and nerfs Wiz a bit so I don't feel like I "have" to play it.

One of the head dev's favorite class is Wizard. Do you think they ever gonna nerf it? Also the problem is; Wizard have skillplay with Starpact-Archon and Necro have thorns that require survival; rest of the classes don't have anything that may come near to be worthwhile.
Only thing they applied is giving Wizards Chantado's so they can be near as destructive without being nitpicky about cycles. Yet I don't see other classes going near those at all, nor can be a similar alternative to current meta.
When certain skills or legendary power is bugged, they will temp disable and fix.

It's highly possible Chantodo will NOT be nerfed. Although op, the mechanics works properly.
Unless there's an urgent issue / exploit, they won't patch at all during a season.
thanks everyone
05/16/2019 11:39 AMPosted by Norz
Don't really feeling like playing Wiz, but feeling like playing a strong DPS class this time around

Then don't.
Play LoN Starpact or LoN Meteor if you dislike it so much.
Have you heard of the necromancer class? I hear they are quite OP with free LoN rings, given their own strong class rings.

Honestly, has anyone looked at the solo wiz leaderboards on non-season? I don't know why people are freaking out all of the sudden (but what else is new when a buffed build receives buffs and some players scream for a nerf, as usual?) when the top clears in 130's are all paragon 4000-7000 range.

The lowest rank 1000 on the leaderboards start around P1300-ish, give or take at GR110.

This isn't anything to get so worked up over. People having a conniption fit over nothing.
If a class/build you like or play is not doing so great advocate for that to get buffed and/or re-work its supporting items.
They don't do balance passes, but they will nerf bugs / exploits. They fixed the n6m4 multishot potion snapshotting, in the middle of a season, but kept the leaderboard spots that were using that in tact. go figure.
The last time I recall Blizzard ever making a change mid season was Season 2... there was so much of a change, that season didn't last a month.
From there on, there were no mid season changes.
Unless it is a flat out crazy glitch that allows a toon to smack down a 150 solo in 2 mins, they won’t nerf it.

Y’all don’t remember the Firebird bug they knew about but let that go the entire season.

You all don’t have phones with google app on them? Everyone has phones with google app on them....sheesh
This game has been around for what 7 years now? you would think after all that time blizzard would have Balanced all the classes it would be nice if they stopped fingering with character stats and actually get them STABLE