RiP Season 17

General Discussion
Season of the leech!!
And here I'm not even 70 yet.
Downvote me all you want . Its still a valid issue that the journey is not a journey at all and should either be cater towards the Seasonal Buff somehow and take a significant time to accomplish.
Why not add things in like Level 10 Gems to 70
Complete GR55 with LVL 45 X gem equip.
Complete a GRX with a minimum of 7 ancient pieces on
T16 within 2 minutes
Run GR45 with all Yellows and not a single legendary.
Complete a GR70 without the use of Kunais cube

Things like that , that might extend it and actually make it worth whil trying different things

Even upscaling the current requirements would be nice

There are so many things they could do to spice the Journey up and make it difficult but i guess then the casuals would complain that its to hard
And people wonder why I take my time and play an hour here and there.

The most time I play in one sitting is usually during the first two days.

After that I only get on for a bit and work on it.

Its not their fault or our fault you didn't sleep for 2 days and finished everything. Find something else to do.

Game on.
05/20/2019 07:27 PMPosted by DTMAce
And people wonder why I take my time and play an hour here and there.

The most time I play in one sitting is usually during the first two days.

After that I only get on for a bit and work on it.

Its not their fault or our fault you didn't sleep for 2 days and finished everything. Find something else to do.

Game on.

Being able to Finish the Journey in under 24 hours shouldnt be possible that the point i am trying to make. Even if you do play Non stop from Season Start. There should be requirements and things to do left right and centre in the journey. I 100% believe Blizzard dont actually make the journey hard is cause there would be a massive amount of QQ kids out their that would complain that things are now unobtainable.
05/20/2019 08:41 PMPosted by Keyblade
Being able to Finish the Journey in under 24 hours shouldnt be possible that the point i am trying to make. Even if you do play Non stop from Season Start. There should be requirements and things to do left right and centre in the journey. I 100% believe Blizzard dont actually make the journey hard is cause there would be a massive amount of QQ kids out their that would complain that things are now unobtainable.

Like someone said earlier in the thread, if you take shortcuts, then you're going to finish a lot faster than if you played without said shortcuts.
05/20/2019 09:33 PMPosted by Oblivion
Like someone said earlier in the thread, if you take shortcuts, then you're going to finish a lot faster than if you played without said shortcuts.

I'm gonna need everyone of those shortcuts! This is the first season where I'm juggling growing a serious relationship along with the game. Finding time to progress the season journey is tough (and I've juggled seasons along with lots of heavy things such as mum's breast cancer treatment).
Maybe people just want to get their stash and their wings and go play non-seasons.

Why ask for the journey to be more of a pain than it already is?
05/20/2019 10:52 PMPosted by Mugsy

I'm gonna need everyone of those shortcuts! This is the first season where I'm juggling growing a serious relationship along with the game. Finding time to progress the season journey is tough (and I've juggled seasons along with lots of heavy things such as mum's breast cancer treatment).

Theres no real secret. Pick a class you know has a t13 2 minutes speed spec that doesnt require gold wrap. Gear into just that spec and play that up to GR80. DH and Necro this season starter builds made that super easy. Both beginner sets can GR80 with there eyes closed. The reason i say gr80 is because for guardian you need 3 gems at 70. There is no reason if you only want the journey to lvl gems higher then this.also pick a garbage gem and lvl it to 50 for the single augment part of the journey. I tend to do boon of the horder in the event attempt avarice conquest. No ancients required for a gR80 clear using shadow DH or inarius necro. When leveling gems always play 10 gr levels higher then u want the gem to be for 100% chance. This way you dont waste gem upgrades.
For bounties you only need to run 2 full runs on t16 and 1 full run on normal for the journey completion when you need to cube 40 things the reason for the normal is its usually the first thing ur 4 man do once hitting 70 to get that partof the journeyout of the way for haedrigs gift. Run bounties in 4 man to save time. Public game recommended. Early season its not hard to find these. Save every set piece and legendary and just cube garbage when you have cubed the 3 things u need for ur spec. Conquests. GR55 n set dungeons and the thrill are the easiest by far this season. So i would aim for those. For the thrill due to the LoN passive equip 1 ancient of anything and all yellows is a big enough power boost to complete this. While doing GRs collect all your class all 4 sets. Plvl a 2nd toon and just gear the sets via blood shards.Gr 55 and set dungeons dont need much more then the set themself the weopon and cube isnt really important for these two things. It makes it easier if u have the right stuff cubed but its not a requirement. Outside that its GG follow the journey. With luck your done in under 24 hours of actually playtime. If you can leech grifts with someone of the same class you can do it in around 10 hours.
Alternatively Add me. Happy to power anyone through the journey if there struggling and a massive casual and they want the galatic wings and stace space.
City of Heroes is back.

So there's that.
05/20/2019 06:00 PMPosted by Keyblade
the journey is not a journey at all

lol, "The Journey" is just a name given to a system in the game, it's actually not meant to simulate a life journey or anything similar. The real journey in D3 is whatever goal you set for yourself, for some it is to reach GR 100, to others it is completing a build, and so on.
Did you do it solo?
Away for at lease five seasons only to find the game is essentially not changed at all. Same characters, same weapons, same dungeons (with minor additons) and the same end-run farming whether it's a Diablo run, a 99-run or now a GR run.

Laziness and reluctance to commit to spending good money to truly improve this game is not in the plans. There is no political will at Blizzard, only accountants who dictate every aspect of this game though the majority of them wouldn't know a Mempo from a bedpan.

Season 17 now introduced a community buff that negates the reason for having any sets. And it's my opinion they should continue on this tact. Eliminate the cookie cutter sets and let people experiment with what's left. The need to be first in the world with XYZ setup is a soon-forgetten achievement, important to no one. Make the game fun again, like old Diablo 1 was. This iteration is not much more than a hamster wheel for children who should be working, socializing, spending time with the family and just generally realizing this is a game, not a career. Don't waste some of the most important time you will ever have in your lives. Find a woman, get a dog, go outside and garden, go for a walk by the beach. Diablo is very low in the list of things you should be involved with. Treat it as a reward, not your vocation.

Flame away you pre and post pubescent children.
05/20/2019 10:52 PMPosted by Mugsy

Juggling your mum's BREAST CANCER shouldn't be a juggle at all. You need to devote yourself to her 100% of the time before she dies. Drop Diablo and be with your family. Will you be by her side when she draws her last breath or you going to be busy ID'ing the damn garbage uniques?

What matters more? The woman who brought you into this life and fed, housed you, clothed you and sent you for education or the game that did nothing but give you early-onset carpal-tunnel syndrome. Which of these situations make you more of a human being? Which of those scenarios makes you a pathetic, uncaring worthless human? Answers pretty clear. And if you have even a modicum of sense, you know what you should pick.
im done S17 and thanks for the stash. =)
05/20/2019 08:41 PMPosted by Keyblade

You are the reason Blizzard always has to put hard gates on things. You race to the finish, and then cry that it's Blizzard's fault you are done.
05/20/2019 06:00 PMPosted by Keyblade
Downvote me all you want

Finally a post of yours I can agree with.
Punchline is "Maintenance Mode" again?
Its still a valid issue that the journey is not a journey at all and should either be cater towards the Seasonal Buff somehow and should take a significant time to accomplish.

I agree with Keyblade on that.

I suggest to add 2 more season journey tab/level Nephalem Hero and Nephalem Savior the name could be.

For the first new tab Season Journey named Nephalem Hero they could ask:

[ ] Take 3 gems to level 80.
[ ] Kill Malthael on T16.
[ ] Complete all T16 bounties in less than 15 minutes. (You could make group to achieve)
[ ] Kill Diablo 3 on T16 with one ice rune skill.
[ ] Kill all T16 Ubbers in less than 5 minutes.
[ ] Complete at least 2 Dungeon Set at total.
[ ] Clean all Not Cow Level on T16 in less than 4 minutes.
[ ] Extract 60 legendary powers.

Reward: Exclusive new transmog set/pet/wing/portrait/flag or promotional pet, or cross blizzard game pet. That exclusive pet for who purchased blizcon virtual ticket on 2017 it would be nice to open for everyone. 2 years of exclusivity it's enough for those got it.

For the second new tab Season Journey named Nephalem Savior they could ask:

[ ] Take 3 gems to level 90.
[ ] Complete 4 splinter conquest.
[ ] Complete a level 80 GR solo.
[ ] Achieve 1000 paragon points.
[ ] Kill all Warden Keys in less than 1 minute. (Could be done in group).
[ ] Complete a 90 GR level on group.
[ ] Accumulate 80m gold on the counter.
[ ] Clean one Ancient Puzzle Ring Realm on T16.

Reward: Player pick one color gem so it earn 3 normal gem (from the color picked). The gem is above royal flawless rank. (Player would have to decide between white on helm, main stat on armor, green on weapon, or yellow for thorns - It's a nice reward).
---------------------------------------------

On these new Season Journey tabs Devs could offer new transmog and a new flag. Or promotional pets are gone. On blizcon 2017 those purchased virtual ticket got a very beautiful blue goblin pet. So they could offer this pet for everybody now. Those already got it they got 2 years of exclusivity. Time to spread for the others players.