Bring back 2xXP weekends

General Discussion
Remember when we used to have it from time to time ?

Yeah it was fun, so bring it back for seasons especially :)

Would be fun! Thanks!
If they make the entire season double exp, im ok with that.

Otherwise its a dumb idea because people can miss out on a particular weekend and get left behind.

Experience this season is already beyond too easy to get.
05/30/2019 03:23 PMPosted by speedyraptor
If they make the entire season double exp, im ok with that.

Otherwise its a dumb idea because people can miss out on a particular weekend and get left behind.

Experience this season is already beyond too easy to get.

Left behind what?

I mean, think if all the idiots like you hadn't whined about weekend events.. we might have gotten to the point where we had them every other week, or even every week. Then it wouldn't matter If you missed one because others would come along.

But no, you had to complain about missing that precious buff.. so now we don't get any precious buffs at all.

Thanks for ruining it.
But do you really trust Blizzard to run two buffs (Seasonal + EXP) concurrently and on schedule? Knowing them, the so-called weekend buff would start on Sunday afternoon (after "unforeseen errors"), and conclude on a Wednesday (due to... well, they never got around to post about it in the forums). Better yet, imagine if the EXP buff disabled the current Legacy of Nightmares Seasonal buff, and a bunch of hapless HC players all lost their heroes. I would not put anything past Blizzard these days.

Otherwise, a weekend event sounds lovely.
You want double XP?
Easy, play for twice as long!
#SimpleSolutions
Why not?

They could actually even be more creative and have a different buff every weekend, like more xp, more goblins, more gold etc...

For those who say "but we might miss out" , I'd say think about the others before yourself. I personally play games rarely on weekend since after a work week I like to often hang out on weekends. So it seems I'm the person that would miss out but I don't care. If not this week maybe next, if not next then after. In the end, it is your choise what to do on your weekend:) You are not obliged.

So all in all, not having such a great idea because someone will miss out is not really an argument. I'm very much in favor to bring as many fun features to the game as possible even if I'm gonna miss some. No prob, you will get an opportunity sooner or later.
05/30/2019 04:59 PMPosted by Orrion
But no, you had to complain about missing that precious buff.. so now we don't get any precious buffs at all.

Thanks for ruining it.

Yep, well said. +1
Not everyone refuses to go outside on the weekends. Weekend events are a terrible idea. Week long events are something everyone can enjoy.
05/31/2019 04:33 AMPosted by Dmoney
Not everyone refuses to go outside on the weekends. Weekend events are a terrible idea. Week long events are something everyone can enjoy.

events shouldn't be based on when people can participate in it or not. Most people can enjoy them regardless of their time frame, just because someone cannot doesn't mean no one else can enjoy them either. This mentality ruined it for the rest of us.

PS - one shouldn't be penalized just because someone else wants to go outside and look at how bright the sun is.
They should do one hour 50x's Experience events randomly but only 1d6 times a year on Season HC Witch Doctors with Paragon above 2k some time between 1am and 8am.
05/30/2019 03:23 PMPosted by speedyraptor

I started Seasons right when it went live. Within 2 hours without an EXP buff event, I was already behind as someone had cleared a GR45.

I fully accept that no matter event or not, I will never keep up and I am fine with that. I play for my enjoyment and not if I can keep up.

Unless it's a permanent buff, there will always be people who fall behind or miss out. Even with 2X EXP weekends, most players will be left behind. Those that are at the top, will stay there with the same EXP gap. The get bonus EXP too.
05/31/2019 04:33 AMPosted by Dmoney
Not everyone refuses to go outside on the weekends.

I know I go out and do yard work, as well as gardening. This is the time of year most people go outside. I still find time in the evenings to play though.

There is literally no best time to please everyone.
I'm unemployed and can game 24/7 so to me, this would be awesome as I'm always available to take advantage of this. But because I'd like to think of others who aren't as fortunate as me in their D3 playing time, they probably have to make this season long so people don't miss out.

Coz I would feel bad for those who play seasons to enjoy the roughly equal footing with other players in terms of XP. Coz for those that miss out, they could end up several thousand paragons behind those who got to utilize such a wonderful event.
mmmm No
A problem with the previous weekend events that blizzard used to do was that they were so infrequent that players who weren't able to participate felt left out. Of course, instead of increasing the frequencies of such events, blizzard opt to stopped having them almost altogether.

Honestly, I think having frequent weekend events (for both seasonal and non-seasonal players) that occur during the duration of season could definitely liven up the game for some players. It'd also ensure (hopefully) that we wouldn't see anymore 2x seasonal themes (double bounties, gobs, etc.). Personally, I think those things should've been straight up events rather than seasonal themes.