Updated Only 1 Extra Stash Tab vs 5

General Discussion
If you read the new season 17 notes, they're increasing the max tabs to 5 from 4 instead of 9 via season journey.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22976066/season-17-the-season-of-nightmares-begins-517-5-10-2019
I believe this is to avoid another forum meltdown; they are being specific with each patch note.

Next season's note should read "increasing from 5 to 6" etc...at least I hope so. But given the furor over stash tabs recently the patch notes make sense.
Initially 5 extra tabs bought with gold.
Then 5 extra tabs obtained by Conqueror.
Now 1 extra tab obtained by Conqueror.

Such a massive Quality of Life improvement. o.O
05/10/2019 10:23 AMPosted by PhoenixForce
I believe this is to avoid another forum meltdown; they are being specific with each patch note.

Next season's note should read "increasing from 5 to 6" etc...at least I hope so. But given the furor over stash tabs recently the patch notes make sense.

I asked for clarification on the @Diablo twitter, though it would be nice to hear it from the horse's mouth here first TBH. The wording is somewhat vague and open to (mis)interpretation. Solid "this is what it'll be" is needed.
I was going to come back because of the stash space fix. Now I'm not. Bring us Diablo4 please and stop trolling. Its mid 2019. Good lawdy this is sad
05/10/2019 10:28 AMPosted by TheTias
The wording is somewhat vague

It is. For now I am just assuming it's like they said when they corrected their original miscommunication; 1 extra/season up to 5 extra.
Can't really see them now say it will be only 1 extra forever.
You like stash space? We can't let you click a button to buy it.. but we sure as hell can make you do remedial task to get it.

Who knows, maybe I can get an app on my phone for more stash space, have to ask Wyatt first.
I hope it was just a mistake...
05/10/2019 10:31 AMPosted by PhoenixForce
It is. For now I am just assuming it's like they said when they corrected their original miscommunication; 1 extra/season up to 5 extra.

Here's why we're asking, PF:

PTR 2.6.5 notes, latest edition:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22933131/patch-265-ptr-preview-3-29-2019#qol

PC: The cap for earning additional stash tabs through the Season Journey has been raised from 4 to 9

vs.

2.6.5 S17 preview blog:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22976066/season-17-the-season-of-nightmares-begins-517-5-10-2019

The cap for earning additional stash tabs through the Season Journey has been raised from 4 to 5 (PC Only)

And that text is in red, indicating a purposeful change from the last PTR iteration.
'In addition, we encountered a lot of technical issues with increasing overall stash space for players. Unfortunately, as these issues caused significant degredation of the overall gameplay experience, we ultimately had to take a step back on this quality of life improvement and table it for now.'

Sounds like they've had problems even going past a single new stash tab at all. Unless they can fix some of those 'technical issues' before season 18, we might not be getting a 2nd new tab.
Oh no! My PC might crash due to the RAM being overloaded by this huge increase in stash space!

Please Blizz, don't give us more space!
05/10/2019 11:52 AMPosted by Flansy
Sounds like they've had problems even going past a single new stash tab at all. Unless they can fix some of those 'technical issues' before season 18, we might not be getting a 2nd new tab.

Oh, I'm sure they'll have the issue conveniently handled by the time of the next season, of course we'll still most likely only see one tab offered for completing the conqueror's journey portion of season.
It's like when the WOW devs said they couldn't make changes to the backpack in WOW because it would totally melt the game, yet if you added sms protect, magically 2 new slots.
LoL, So if having to many Stash Tabs will break the Server, and that is a proven fact because Blizzard said so, Seasons will melt down and only leave Non Seasons to play IF you don't have all the Seasons give away Stash Tabs. So there fore if you want to keep playing Seasons, all Seasons players should refuse the extra Tabs from Blizzard, because you won't be able to play the game after you have the magical number of Stash Tabs that will cause mass confusion at ground 0 on the client side.
That whole scenario is as clear as mud!
Please, no more Stash Tab give away's for anyone! ;)
Absurd and disappointing. Plus no retroactive stash tab reward? Continue to hear us...
Blizzard: "The forges are burning hot" unfortunately we realized to late that you can't use a forge to make more stash space but instead you need developers who code things and have nothing to do with forges.

So what exactly was the "extended" season 16 for if you didn't do anything new with all that extra time?
05/10/2019 10:31 AMPosted by PhoenixForce

That's exactly what it is. Maximum of 5 for completing conqueror. This includes past seasons.
05/10/2019 10:23 AMPosted by PhoenixForce

I would not read that into their current message.

Blizzard is like an old man losing his mind slowly.

One minute he says all is well and normal then the next minute, the poor 'ol guy is melting down.
This is Blizz doing one thing and saying another.
The worst part is there are many people that still play D3, but don't know what the heck is going on.
One tab at a time
05/10/2019 10:50 AMPosted by MFPF
I hope it was just a mistake...

Nope...
05/10/2019 03:18 PMPosted by Nevalistis
This is correct. After PTR, we continued testing and tweaking and could not meet a satisfactory quality game experience with the initially planned number of additional tabs. As a result, we had to further reduce the amount being added.