Error 1016 Constantly

Technical Support
Been getting error 1016 every 2-15mins randomly, i can clearly seeing other playing moving around while the error message is displayed so i dont think its a net issue, it isn't occurring on any other game and net tests seem fine.
I have same issue but I get error 1016 when running a greater rift in season 17, why???????
I lose everything thing and get no rewards. this is getting old.
Howdy!

1016 is a general disconnection error. It means the connection to the server was lost. For troubleshooting I would recommend the following steps:

1) Power Cycle the home network's modem and router to refresh the connection to all devices on the network and to the Internet Service Provider(ISP) following the steps Here.

- Once the network is back online flush your DNS cache using the commands Here.

2) If you are using a wireless connection try going wired following the steps Here. <- If this step works your ISP can help troubleshoot unstable Wifi issues.

Retest. If the issue continues please try capturing the disconnection by running a WinMTR in the background.

Thank you!
Have had the same issue, constantly. Have lost 5 HC characters due to this. Blizzard. Fix your stuff please. Ive never had this issue before until now. and it only seems to be affecting me when im playing HC. This is incredibly infuriating.

None of the above fixes work. This is not an issue on my end.
same issue as well had ran greater rift and died and was unable to spawn again due to monsters hovering over as if waiting for another player to revive me when theres no other player just my self
I have the same friggin issue. ITS NOT MY CONNECTION. You guys need to figure out why this is happening and FIX IT. It woyuld be real easy to start bad press on Blizzard not addressing an OBVIOUS problemwith YOUR program and or servers.
I just lost 80 Caches worth of materials, gold and shards.....
I understand 1016 is the generic error for disconnects, but my internet is not disconnected for any other programs when it occurs. The disconnects are happening far too often for my internet to be the cause. No lag is occurring; the game is running smoothly when suddenly I am booted out.

I've power cycled my router and flushed DNS, as suggested, but it they do not resolve the issue on their own.

I have every reason to believe there is an issue on Blizzard's end here. I would appreciate you looking into and resolving it. Thank you!
05/24/2019 06:23 PMPosted by Aussir
I've power cycled my router and flushed DNS, as suggested, but it they do not resolve the issue on their own.
Then provide a WinMTR report asked by the support. Read the BLUE post above. Click the orange text for more information.
------
None of you guys do what the support asked.
This is baloney. I even went to comcast and got a new modem. This is your problem and fix it!! Checked on line and your suggestions do not work Multiple examples. Try being professional and responsible.
Has been happening ever since S17 was live, I always get booted and then error 1016 before I can even start a game. Then it's a bit twitchy and laggy...this isn't the same game.

My connection hasn't changed, it's been the same for a long time.
I'm having the same problem since yesterday.
After around 1h i'm getting dc'ed. Whole internet gets cut out on my pc for like a second but only on my pc.
Restarted router, switch, driver updates, ipconfig relase/renew/flushdns.
Ethernet port switched.
Game repaired, copied to another drive.
Problems still there... a bit annoying when you're trying to get for the 5th... time a hardcore char to 70.
My longest lasting HC character died at 704 hours by my own mistake. If this 1016 was on my end, it would not be possible to stay alive that long. This started with season 17. This is a Blizz problem without a doubt. I only play HC and this will end my D3 gaming if it's not fixed. My internet has been rock solid for years, only thing to change is the latest patch.
Had the same issue, mentioned, that i pinged the server and its on 19K, but funny, it was deleted...
Ran WinMTR this last run, once again got DC'd in HC running a GR with friends.
here is the report.
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 192.168.0.1 - 88 | 53505 | 6679 | 0 | 2 | 401 | 2 |

| No response from host - 100 | 56596 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

| 96-34-9-56.static.unas.mo.charter.com - 89 | 57787 | 6664 | 10 | 16 | 437 | 11 |

|dtr01bblkca-tge-0-1-0-2.bblk.ca.charter.com - 64 | 18361 | 6673 | 12 | 17 | 416 | 16 |

|bbr01stcdmn-tge-0-1-0-3.stcd.mn.charter.com - 88 | 54177 | 6678 | 12 | 22 | 419 | 20 |

|bbr01ashbva-tge-0-1-0-1.ashb.va.charter.com - 88 | 54610 | 6688 | 13 | 19 | 425 | 15 |

| eqix-ix-la1.blizzard.com - 88 | 55616 | 6683 | 13 | 20 | 426 | 15 |

| ae1-br02-eqla1.as57976.net - 64 | 18250 | 6668 | 13 | 22 | 420 | 17 |

| be2-pe01-eqla1.as57976.net - 89 | 56511 | 6688 | 13 | 20 | 416 | 15 |

| 24.105.30.129 - 89 | 58772 | 6659 | 13 | 19 | 418 | 15 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
05/25/2019 01:33 PMPosted by Azmael
Surely, that can't be right... it says only 12% of the data transmitted from your PC actually made it to your router... if you're using a wire between your computer and your router, make sure it is well connected at both ends... or try another wire if you can.

Run through the troubleshooting here : https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/14239
The words in blue are links to additional information.

Re-run the WinMTR -- 10 minutes of data is enough.... how long did you leave it running ? 58k samples at 1 Hz is 16 Hrs of data ???
Ok tech explain to me why in the hell the program worked FINE until your last TWO updates where this issue started showing up. I am a paying customer and as such I EXPECT prompt and USEFUL information on what the ACTUAL problem is and what we as paying customers need to do to fix it. Or you need to address the issue with your superiors since you OBVIOULSY have no clue. I have been playing D3 since 2016 and have NEVER had this issue before. I expect a prompt and cordial respone to my issue within 24 hours. I tried to submit a ticket and even that BOGUS method doesn't work. I am a Veteran and have connections that I would hate to have to call up to get the issue resolved.
05/25/2019 01:48 PMPosted by Boubou
05/25/2019 01:33 PMPosted by Azmael
Surely, that can't be right... it says only 12% of the data transmitted from your PC actually made it to your router... if you're using a wire between your computer and your router, make sure it is well connected at both ends... or try another wire if you can.

Run through the troubleshooting here : https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/14239
The words in blue are links to additional information.

Re-run the WinMTR -- 10 minutes of data is enough.... how long did you leave it running ? 58k samples at 1 Hz is 16 Hrs of data ???

I ran it from the time i started the game, until the first DC, roughly 1 hour.
Im on WiFi using an internal WiFi card.
05/25/2019 03:29 PMPosted by Azmael
I ran it from the time i started the game, until the first DC, roughly 1 hour.
50,000 samples in an hour ? make sure that the "Interval (sec)" in Options is set to 1.0, and that "Sent" column starts counting at 1. Sometimes, it doesn't (on my computer)... so, I let it run for 30 seconds or so... stop it....and then start it again. That normally clears whatever the issue is.
Same exact problem... Thats the Blizzard issue