Set Dungeons shouldn't be req for Stash Tabs

General Discussion
This is my first time playing in a Season and I thought getting a Stash Tab would be a good goal to shoot for. I'm also filling out Kanai's cube since it's my first time and want to put all the abilities in it (wasting a lot of time on bounties for that). Well after about 40 hours I got to GR70 to find a Primal Nagelring and decided it's time to go back and see what I had left to do for the Season Journey.

So it's time for the Set Dungeons. I went to Leoric's Manor like it said, but the clues were so vague I had to look up Icy Veins to figure out where to go. And then the set dungeons themselves it's all about figuring out how to make your character weak enough to fulfill the special requirements. I unequipped 4 items, my legendary gems, and downgraded to non-ancient weapon, but was still one shotting everything in the Sunwuko's and Inna's dungeons, which means I can't trigger the conditions for their 2ndary requirements properly. I unallocated all my offense Paragon points except Cooldown reduction and everything was still falling in 1 hit. How da @@!!%!* am I supposed to make my character weak enuf to do these things?!

Everything else in this game is about making your character as strong as possible, and for some reason Set Dungeons are about gimping your character as much as possible and still needing to find another way to weaken them even further. Set Dungeons aren't fun at all and shouldn't be a requirement for Stash Tabs.
Since this is your first time in Seasons, you should just play the game and learn.

No opinions from a new player are of any value.
I abhor set dungeons. This season I lucked out with the Necro I'm running, has to be the easiest set dungeons I ever attempted. But I did it early, before my character got to paragon 100 or even decent gear.

Ordinarily I avoid set dungeons like a plague, but sadly if you want the extra stash space or finish season journey, you have to do them.
05/30/2019 02:36 PMPosted by Chetanji
Since this is your first time in Seasons, you should just play the game and learn.

That is not true

New players won't become old players if they hate the game soon into it.

Not to mention I happen to agree.

What's the point of saying something like that if you're not going to teach me?
05/30/2019 02:45 PMPosted by Polaris

All new players are beginners.

After a year or more you can look back and laugh at yourself and most of your dumb ideas as simply a young lad that did not know how to play the game, but now, a year later or more has learned much.

Sunwuko is the easiest monk dungeon to solo. You just equip a standard WoL
build (Torch in cube, Crudest Boots, Kyo's and VW, Tzo Krin's etc) but you NEED Cyclone Strike in the build somewhere. When you get into an area with a large pack, cast CS to group up mobs and allow the clone explosions to trigger (no other action needed). Once the clone explosion hits the right number of enemies drop a single bell to clear the room and allow you to move on. The secret to success in SWK dungeon is to be thorough and make sure you don't skip a SINGLE mob as you move around. The dungeon is WAY too big to have to backtrack. Once you get the primary complete for the clone explosions, then you just move from room to room and drop bells into each area and proceed through the map. The SW belt will keep up SW once you activate it so that primary is automatic.

If you play with others than the absolute EASIEST monk set dungeon is Raiment (VERY hard to solo but CRAZY easy in a group). Raiment is the only monk dungeon that has NO upper limit to it's power level, no need to gimp yourself in any way. Equip In-Geom and Nemesis Bracers and you just dash like mad to the Golden Chest, hitting every pylon along the way. The other members of your party just start clearing enemies behind you (ideally a UE DH or other AoE build or two). The only thing you have to pay attention to in Raiment dungeon is Succubi. You can not get hit by ANY of their fireballs so make sure to dash out of danger. Once you hit the Golden Chest (you have 2 minutes to get to it and it should take 1 to 1 1/2 minutes) then work your way backwards and meet the rest of your party in the middle. The path to the Golden Chest is always the same so once you learn it you just keep to the outside loop and you'll get there in no time.
In general you don't want to run damage gems (legendary, weapon or main stat gems in armor) for set dungeons. Worst case you may need to undo points in Paragon to nerf things further.

Every set dungeon has a gimmick to it, some are very counter intuitive compared to how the set is actually played. There are guides and tips in each of the class sub-forums here as well as detailed guides on icy-veins.com and teambrg.com

Because, from the tone of your post, you come off as just whining. You clearly don't want any pointers, otherwise you would have asked for help rather than whining.

The buffs in the sets actually make many set dungeons easier for seasonal play, since it means you don't have to have well-rolled items to master them. Case in point: I mastered my set dungeon immediately after receiving my 3rd Haedrig's Gift for my DH. At less than 100 Paragon, with only one low-level legendary gem, non-ancient Karlei's, random jewelry and quiver, and not even a Chain of Shadows belt, I mastered the set dungeon on the first try.
I have never reached a conclusion as to why the Developers invested any time at all on designing Set Dungeons, other than to provide new players with a rewarding tutorial that served as an introduction to each six-piece Set. That interpretation might have been their intention. However, the reality is far different -- at least, to a lot of players. The underlying problem with Set Dungeons is not that the objectives feel random and contrived, or that the requirements to complete them seem counterproductive to the rest of the game, but that Set Dungeons currently serve no other purpose in the game than to constantly torment and vex Seasonal players.

I do not believe that I have ever publicly taken a position different than the one I have now, which is to remove Set Dungeons from the Seasonal Journey and banish them to the ash heap of development history, where the Realm of Trials is presently located.
05/30/2019 04:58 PMPosted by HelloKitty
I have never reached a conclusion as to why the Developers invested any time at all on designing Set Dungeons, other than to provide new players with a rewarding tutorial that served as an introduction to each six-piece Set. That interpretation might have been their intention. However, the reality is far different -- at least, to a lot of players. The underlying problem with Set Dungeons is not that the objectives feel random and contrived, or that the requirements to complete them seem counterproductive to the rest of the game, but that Set Dungeons currently serve no other purpose in the game than to constantly torment and vex Seasonal players.

I do not believe that I have ever publicly taken a position different than the one I have now, which is to remove Set Dungeons from the Seasonal Journey and banish them to the ash heap of development history, where the Realm of Trials is presently located.

Set dungeons should DEFINITELY be looked at since some of them are near impossible with the power creep in recent patches (looking at you Inna's dungeon). Personally I don't mind them being a part of the season journey since every class has a comparatively easy dungeon so you just do that one each season. I also would agree that some of the mechanics of the set dungeons should be reworked to mimic the actual gameplay of the set (staying in Monk, NO ONE uses the clone explosions) so why is that a primary objective of the dungeon?
05/30/2019 04:32 PMPosted by TimberWolf
Because, from the tone of your post, you come off as just whining. You clearly don't want any pointers, otherwise you would have asked for help rather than whining.

He stated his opinion. "Set Dungeons shouldn't be req for Stash Tabs". And many (perhaps most) people agree with him.

Yes, some are easy. Most are hard. None are fun. (for me)
05/30/2019 06:26 PMPosted by Ryoko
05/30/2019 04:32 PMPosted by TimberWolf

He stated his opinion. "Set Dungeons shouldn't be req for Stash Tabs". And many (perhaps most) people agree with him.

Yes, some are easy. Most are hard. None are fun. (for me)

I know that. That was my point. He states an opinion, someone replies with another opinion, then the OP whines why that person didn't offer any advice instead of offering another opinion.
05/30/2019 02:51 PMPosted by Chetanji

All new players are beginners.

After a year or more you can look back and laugh at yourself and most of your dumb ideas as simply a young lad that did not know how to play the game, but now, a year later or more has learned much.

Haha, you seem to lack sense.

Here's laughing you kid!
Thanks for the walkthru Khord, maybe I will try again but not right now, and in fact I think I'm done with D3 for the rest of the week. Cheers!

As someone that's mastered every single set dungeon, I am also of the opinion that the vast majority of them suck. Any content that makes you have to deliberately weaken your hero in order to compete it is nonsensical.

Some of them are easier to complete with less gear. One of the simplest set dungeons there is - Invoker for Crusader - is incredibly easy if you have 25K thorns and pretty much impossible if you have 250K thorns. Similarly, Inarius for Necromancer, relies on sucking bones out of 100 mobs and killing 200 with bonestorm. With good gear, the storm kills mobs before you can get into range to suck bones from them.

So, just because he might be new at this doesn't mean he's wrong.
Set dungeons are stupid. Like this new mode under adventure where u play as some random trash build. I'd be fine if they removed both of these.
05/30/2019 09:50 PMPosted by Meteorblade
As someone that's mastered every single set dungeon, I am also of the opinion that the vast majority of them suck. Any content that makes you have to deliberately weaken your hero in order to compete it is nonsensical.

Not necessarily. I think of them as puzzles to be solved. It was actually interesting the first time I did them, and a challenge you can't just brute-force through with overbloated paraLOL levels or gems, and at least they demand some unconventional approach, which frankly, I don't mind all that much within a game so thoroughly focused on just linear scaling. However, after several seasons, they just become an annoying chore. Kinda like the laughably irrelevant 1-70 leveling bracket. At least each class has at least a single easy one to check for the journey.
05/30/2019 10:02 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
I think of them as puzzles to be solved.

Except the solution for most of them is to use some or all of the following...
    Remove main stat gems in chest / legs, use diamonds instead
    Remove offensive paragon points, put points into vitality
    Remove weapon, use a yellow / blue one instead
    Remove amulet
    Remove rings
    Remove belt
I 100% agree with you!