Advice for a necro on torment 4

Necromancer
I'm lvl 12 right now and things take forever to die and i get dropped in 2 or 3 hit. Is it going to be like this the whole way through?
At lvl 12, Torment 4 might be a bit high. I just started the game 2 weeks ago, so I'm no expert but Master or Torment 1 might be best.

Once you get to lvl 70 and gear up you can choose the Torment of your choice based on your builds success.
In this game, unless you are trying to break into the leaderboards, it is important that you strike a healthy balance between speed and difficulty for highest efficiency.

That being said, a good “test” of this balance is that regular monsters are of nominal difficulty - meaning you barely look at them and they explode in a gruesome miasma of gold - and that elites (blues) and champions (gold) take between 5-10 seconds to die.

Always remember that the difficulty of the game is at your fingertips, is fluid, and that the onus is on you to adjust this dynamically as your gear allows.

For example, let’s say you get a legendary weapon drop with a socket. Drop in a ruby and you’ll see an enormous damage spike. You may now be able to run a higher difficulty until your power wanes; at which point you may feel free to lower the difficulty once more until you hit another power spike either via skills and/or gear (the latter usually being the case).

Hope this helps.