Kinda confused about ticket info

General Discussion
Just buying a virtual ticket for this year. That included with the actual tickets being sold? I'm wondering what will be offered since they announced that their dropping the 'goodie bag' for a commemorative statuette. So what will we gamers get? I've gotten zero for definite answers. Just hoping they ain't announcing another phone game.
05/08/2019 12:15 AMPosted by Marrok
Just buying a virtual ticket for this year. That included with the actual tickets being sold? I'm wondering what will be offered since they announced that their dropping the 'goodie bag' for a commemorative statuette. So what will we gamers get? I've gotten zero for definite answers. Just hoping they ain't announcing another phone game.

I dont believe the virtual ticket rewards have been announced. No you dont get a virtual ticket if you purchase an actual Blizzcon ticket. The passes go on sale today (May 8) and iirc the virtual tickets (and their rewards) are announced a few days after.
https://blizzcon.com/en-us/event-info
05/08/2019 12:22 AMPosted by Acheronus
No you dont get a virtual ticket if you purchase an actual Blizzcon ticket.

I'm not entirely sure about that. From what I remember, people who bought the actual tickets still got the perks from the virtual one. Including Blizzcon in-game loot, able to get the exclusive event items etc., as well as being able to view the event to see things they couldn't participate in while there in person.
05/08/2019 07:51 AMPosted by DTMAce
05/08/2019 12:22 AMPosted by Acheronus
No you dont get a virtual ticket if you purchase an actual Blizzcon ticket.

I'm not entirely sure about that. From what I remember, people who bought the actual tickets still got the perks from the virtual one. Including Blizzcon in-game loot, able to get the exclusive event items etc., as well as being able to view the event to see things they couldn't participate in while there in person.

i can attest to that - I went to Blizzcon last year and i had all of the in game bonuses and a VT to catch up on other panels i've missed while walking around the floors.

i don't know if this year would be the same as last in that regard but i guess we'll have to wait and see.
05/08/2019 07:51 AMPosted by DTMAce
From what I remember, people who bought the actual tickets still got the perks from the virtual one. Including Blizzcon in-game loot, able to get the exclusive event items etc., as well as being able to view the event to see things they couldn't participate in while there in person.

Yes, this is how the ticket has worked for years. If you buy the physical pass you also get the VT so you can catch up on stuff and get the in-game rewards. It is impossible to watch everything during the con so it is kind of needed.

It is reasonable to assume they will still grant the VT with the physical pass.
05/08/2019 08:24 AMPosted by MissCheetah
t is reasonable to assume they will still grant the VT with the physical pass.

I've learned to not assume even a 'reasonable' thing like this to carry forth with Acti-Blizz of late.

Just hope they do this, if you are a brave soul buying a physical ticket!
So I can just wait after the physical tickets are sold, then buy a virtual ticket in, say their on-site store, for a time up till the actual date of Blizzcon '19 is held?
05/08/2019 12:28 PMPosted by Marrok
So I can just wait after the physical tickets are sold, then buy a virtual ticket in, say their on-site store, for a time up till the actual date of Blizzcon '19 is held?

Yes. They even sell the Virtual ticket after Blizzcon starts and even after the show is over! Having the ticket gives people access to all the videos and in-game digital goodies and some folks may want that, even though the live action is over.

The only things you lose out on by waiting until the day of Blizzcon are:

- Timely access to the month of videos that come out before Blizzcon. You can still watch them later of course after the Con if you have the VT. You just don't get them at the time they are released.
-Access to the Blizzcon only limited physical store merchandise. If you have the VT you can order from the store and have stuff shipped to you. Not my thing, but some people really like collectables.