Permanent LON Buff

General Discussion
Its fun playing this season at least for me. For the first time, I'm still actually playing even though I've completed the season journey.

I'm still hunting those certain ancient legendaries and trying out many different builds and play style.

How I wish they make the LON buff permanent and just do away with the rings.
Think of Season 17 (and s16) as a test run.

If things go well they might at another jewelry slot to the cube or we might see the addition of toe rings (My suggestion from awhile back).

My guess: s18 will be FnR, s19 Traveller's, and so on.

There might be space on the character sheet for two more rings, but that would require code work and I just don't see it being something they would be willing to pay for.
I agree. With the two extra ring slots + Lon it feels pretty good where it's at. It's right up there along side sets which is refreshing! There's a few ways I could see them trying to keep that feel after the season ends.

1) maybe boost the bonuses a bit like 800%/5% per item to make up for losing the two rings
2) instead of have Lon just two rings add a belt/ammy/armor set and keep it just having to have two of the set items. This way we can replace the rings with two other items that have lack luster legendary items.
3) make LoN a single rare(hard to find) item that gives the bonus and can be extracted similar to how we can extract krelms buff belt and bracers even though they are a set.
Nope.

Seasonal themes are Seasonal.

You are far better off asking for and suggesting better and more interesting themes than you are moaning about how they aren’t being made permanent.
05/31/2019 06:45 AMPosted by Hamiltonz
Think of Season 17 (and s16) as a test run.

If things go well they might at another jewelry slot to the cube or we might see the addition of toe rings (My suggestion from awhile back).

My guess: s18 will be FnR, s19 Traveller's, and so on.

There might be space on the character sheet for two more rings, but that would require code work and I just don't see it being something they would be willing to pay for.

Good lord, can we please get off of the “make this Ring a Theme” bandwagon?
ok this does it for me.

Blizzard please remove season themes altogether. Apparently we as a community can't differentiate season themes from permanent changes and have to spam the general forums non stop asking for themes to become permanent. Even when they suck.

Sure, it makes perfect sense to have these change season to season and not stay forever. It gives us something to look forward to (when you cycle back to those themes we love). But man we can't stop spamming cries on the boards and i'm tired of reading them.
I think that part of the Seasons is a early testing of ideas for D4, They try out ideas, see how we use and abuse them BEFORE putting them into D4
Would not like to see this permanant buff. It's a nice thing that every season has different buffs. Maybe it can come back in a future season.
06/01/2019 05:03 PMPosted by MadHobbit
I think that part of the Seasons is a early testing of ideas for D4, They try out ideas, see how we use and abuse them BEFORE putting them into D4

That doesn't make much sense. D4 would have a completely different design.
Please make LoN Buff permanent, for both, Season and Non Season!
06/01/2019 05:03 PMPosted by MadHobbit

I sincerely hope not. DIII took an horrible direction in game design and balancing, the powercreep is absurd.
DIV should be more about our character building choices, and allow more viable builds for High end farming. LoN buff was just a lazy choice, to deal with crappy game design centered about legendaries.

However. I must say, I still enjoy the buff. Two rings slots available is doing great, but only on some classes. Which have good rings, like Wizz, Necro, or DH.
LoN is great, sure, but it shows how some classes needed some new supporting legendaries to have performing builds. (Hello there Barb)
Blizzard should just have stayed true to D2 in every aspect. Stay true to the good old loot hunt and difficulty and how the quest system worked. I know game creators will create something different, but imo they should have keot the old system.
LoN buff is great because it makes leveling not so straightforward.
06/04/2019 05:59 AMPosted by Ruined

It offer a viable alternative to Haedrig's gift, which is nice. I enjoyed gearing more than usual, since I went progressively testing more builds as I progresses with Ancient loot. But, on the other hand, you just need 1/2 ancient to rush haedrig's really fast. And then boom, you are already stomping T6. (And more, but it vary with class/build)

For me, Haedrig's gift was a big mistake, since it just allow to jump easily all the difficulty. No difficulty to earn it after level 70, it's damn too easy.
LoN makes a great transition between sets for my alts that don't get a Haedrigs. Just slap on some random ancients from the stash, and boom, you're good to go.

But, no. It should never be a permanent thing.
Why is this downvoted? Is it a good thing that leveling is straightforward?

Because most people will have to stop think about what they have to put together. Because it is so much easier just to slap set pieces together. What it does brings US back to the days before ROS. When you had to work and look for your items.

06/04/2019 06:21 AMPosted by DonMartin
But, no. It should never be a permanent thing.

Yes it shouldn't be permanent. I have 2 accounts and on 1 account I have done DH solo 80 GR. On the other account I have done a DH solo 90 GR. Those are on no-season side too.
This is the most fun I've had for a season and the only season I continued to play after finishing the season journey, and it is all due to the LON buff. I always play solo, self-found hardcore, because I enjoy the journey of finding items and slowly building a character. For the past seasons, getting Haedrig's gift short-circuits that journey and I fall into the trap of playing the sets given. This season I skipped Haedrig's gift and just focused on finding ancient items, even junk ancients, to build up my character, and the old joy of finding better items has me loving the game again.

I would love it if the LON buff became permanent, but I understand why others might disagree. To me there are two aspects of the season of LON that makes the game fun:

1) Getting LON immediately so that every ancient item is an upgrade from the first time your character hits 70 to the end of the season.
2) Getting 2 extra ring slot legendary affixes.

For me #1 is what made the season journey the most fun, whereas #2 seems to be in the most contention for the LON permanent buff change. The problem with finding two set rings is there are many, many legendary rings and by the time a seasonal character has found both rings in the set, the character is well into the seasonal journey, and switching to LON is a down-grade that just feels bad.

Would it be possible to short-circuit "Legacy of Nightmares" set in seasons like the other sets are short circuited? How about on finishing the very first section of the seasonal journey you get "Covetous' Gift," which is the pair of LON rings for level 60. They would be under-powered items compared to 70 rings, but they would allow characters to go a non-six-piece-set route for their seasonal journey. And leveling with the LON buff is just too fun to limit to 3 months of Diablo 3's lifetime.
05/31/2019 06:30 AMPosted by Clarimax
Its fun playing this season at least for me. For the first time, I'm still actually playing even though I've completed the season journey.

I'm still hunting those certain ancient legendaries and trying out many different builds and play style.

How I wish they make the LON buff permanent and just do away with the rings.
mehh season is horrible trying to get the set together--nothing ideal
LON makes obsolete Ancients viable and encourages creativity in D3. As opposed to cookie cutter play. It's probably a lot more work to balance D3 with the LON buff but I think that's what the game is all about.