Potions

General Discussion
Are they ever going to be fixed? Im tired of flinging potions whenever I try to use one. I end up ignoring them because its too awkward to use them. And I forget them on the ground when they are flung. I would rather have them the way they were before some BONEHEAD decided to break them. This new method is stupid.
Wait.... what? So confused. Hit q, use potion. Done. How do you "fling" a potion?

EDIT: Oh I see. You're one of those people that still click the icon and accidentally drag the legendary one out.
why would you click it?
Oh goodness
Ok... So I must have missed something so it automatically gets used when needed? Ok makes a lot more sense now. Sorry about that.
06/01/2019 08:20 PMPosted by Kewian
Ok... So I must have missed something so it automatically gets used when needed? Ok makes a lot more sense now. Sorry about that.

No it doesn't automatically use itself when needed. Most people have a keybinding to use the potion . By default it's the button "Q".
Sorry Im not normally this stupid. It takes me awhile to adjust .
Mine is bound to Spacebar. Really quick deployment.
How is someone even able to intentionally hit the potion with a mouse during a hectic combat? I can understand accindentally hitting and dropping the potion from the slot if one is trying to target an enemy close to the lower edge of the screen but using mouse to actually use the potion?

Why anyone wouldn't use the hotkey is beyond me. Whether it still is the default Q or has been reassigned, the hotkey is indicated below the potion.
06/01/2019 05:44 PMPosted by CheezusCrust
why would you click it?

some people are paralytically afraid of the keyboard and one to one hand mouse play so they can have their other hand free for their phone? i actually dunno what the fascination is with one hand gaming
06/02/2019 07:59 AMPosted by Arawn
06/01/2019 05:44 PMPosted by CheezusCrust
why would you click it?

some people are paralytically afraid of the keyboard and one to one hand mouse play so they can have their other hand free for their phone? i actually dunno what the fascination is with one hand gaming

I can think of one reason. I personally have a Razer naga mouse from my days in WoW (over a decade ago, haven't played since). If I rebound the potion to, say the number 5, I'd never have to touch the keyboard for this game. Or I could do the opposite and remap the 5 on my mouse for it but thats a little more intricate.

For those that somehow don't know about this mouse, it has a 12 button thumbpad on the side corresponding to 1 to = on the keyboard. And everything can be remapped EXCEPT for the left mouse click.
06/02/2019 08:15 AMPosted by Moysa
06/02/2019 07:59 AMPosted by Arawn

I can think of one reason. I personally have a Razer naga mouse from my days in WoW (over a decade ago, haven't played since). If I rebound the potion to, say the number 5, I'd never have to touch the keyboard for this game. Or I could do the opposite and remap the 5 on my mouse for it but thats a little more intricate.

For those that somehow don't know about this mouse, it has a 12 button thumbpad on the side corresponding to 1 to = on the keyboard. And everything can be remapped EXCEPT for the left mouse click.
Ewww side buttons are cancer
I have two side buttons on my mouse. The easy one to press is bound to 'drink potion'. The other one is bound to 'open inventory screen'. Very easy to panic click my potion. It saves me.
06/03/2019 06:35 AMPosted by Dmoney
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Ewww side buttons are cancer

Allow me to show you, quite possibly, your worst nightmare. It makes the 12 button thumbpad on the naga look tame.
https://www.amazon.com/ELECOM-5000dpi-M-DUX70BK-operation-buttons/dp/B01AYUTUO2?ascsubtag=c878b8f1c0b539f1c3a12371d90d61a804c6dcdb&tag=lifehackeramzn-20&pldnSite=1
I don't use the mouse to click, but I've accidentally found my potion on the ground through normal game play with just the cursor inadvertantly pulling it out of the slot.

What is the worst is when it happens in a greater rift, as you can't equip it again.