Client Freezes on "Retrieving Character List"

Technical Support
Hello there. I just tried to log on, and I am having an issue entering the game. The three steps to logging in. The first 2 work, however when it gets to the third step "Retrieving character list" It does nothing, and the client freezes.

I tried with an alternate account that I used to use a long time ago for multiboxing, and it logs in just fine.

I have tried flushing DNS, and deleting cache. After doing that, I got the checkmark on the third step, but the client still froze.

Any idea as to whats going on?
same here can you fix your damn game blizzard thx
bump
It's working now
Hey,

We've been seeing a handful of reports like this. Try logging in to a different region with the menu above the Play button and see if this issue affects you in all regions, or just one.

If you're part of a clan, you may want to try leaving the clan and testing. You can rejoin the clan again after as well.

The reports we see often show the issue is resolved on it's own after a while so you may want to try back later too.
I was playing last night and walked away from my Xbox for a little bit, when I came back and tried logging in, it told me my level had been raised and I no longer had access to it. Now all of my characters are gone!!!
After today's server problems, I'm having the same issue again.
If I swap it to Europe, it logs in just fine.. However when I swap back to America, it won't go past "retrieving hero list", and I get this error (code 395002) There was an error loading the hero. Please try again.
Any updates? I see one post from bliz saying don't create a support ticket then another saying "could be account specific"

Contradicting.. there's obviously lots of people with these issues because the live chat and phone call backs get grayed out almost as soon as they popped up

I have done every possible thing to fix this and came up with nothing. It's absurd, it shows me getting online to my friends then immediately back offline with the same error
Hi All,

I am experiencing the same, I can login to Asia Server but not the American Server.

Thanks
06/03/2019 12:14 PMPosted by Jurannok
Hey,

We've been seeing a handful of reports like this. Try logging in to a different region with the menu above the Play button and see if this issue affects you in all regions, or just one.

If you're part of a clan, you may want to try leaving the clan and testing. You can rejoin the clan again after as well.

The reports we see often show the issue is resolved on it's own after a while so you may want to try back later too.

How exactly do you leave your clan if you cant log into the game?
06/03/2019 12:14 PMPosted by Jurannok
Hey,

LMFAO

How exactly do you leave your clan if you cant log into the game?
The Error 395002 issue should be resolved now and separate from this thread. If you are still running into this issue, please refer to this forum thread.

Hopefully, this also resolves cases where it stays in "Retrieving Heroes List," where the Diablo III application hangs or "Not Responding." We've replicated a few of these issues on our end and have seen it resolve itself over time.

If you are receiving the "Not Responding" error after the maintenance and its only happening on one region, please contact our Customer Support team.