Suggestion - Bring "Mortick's Bracer" Back

General Discussion
For a long time ago, there was Mortick's Bracer, which has its legendary affix that gives Wrath of the Berserker every rune effect. This item was supposed to release in Patch 2.2.0, but removed due to its over-powered affix. However, the developer Wyatt Cheng mentioned that it can be released later after modifying its affix such that it gives only one (instead of every) rune effect (see the video below).

I suggest that it is a good timing to bring the bracers back to Barbarians. In terms of solo GR records in PTR, Barbarians are falling back behind many other classes. Thus, it won't harm the balance if the bracer only provides one random rune effect (or give one out of three rune effect except Striding Giants and Insanity) to Wrath of the Berserker.

Please see below if you are interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTRSm4LKO5Y&t=360s
https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Mortick%27s_Brace#cite_note-0
1. Why does there need to be perfect balance?
2. Blizzard does not care about balance anyway.

Evidence, see rat run speed meta and wizard starpact meta that has been on top for multiple seasons, and they are becoming even stronger next patch with LoN buffs. Sure, charger barb was the speed meta for a while in season 16 before it was overtaken by rat runs again for the consecutive season.

If blizzard does care about balance, they would fix this and make radical changes to all non necro and non wizard classes.

Bring mortick bracers back and give it the power of every rune of WotB it deserves.
04/24/2019 11:13 AMPosted by speedyraptor

Evidence, see rat run speed meta and wizard starpact meta that has been on top for multiple seasons, and they are becoming even stronger next patch with LoN buffs. Sure, charger barb was the speed meta for a while in season 16 before it was overtaken by rat runs again for the consecutive season.

If blizzard does care about balance, they would fix this and make radical changes to all non necro and non wizard classes.

Bring mortick bracers back and give it the power of every rune of WotB it deserves.

It is too radical to give 50% multiplicative damage + 50% damage reduction with only one slot of item. I think give one random rune effect (or at least Thrive on Chaos rune alone, 5364 life per fury spent) will enable many barbarians to be on the main stages.
Good, there should be radical changes to all non necro and non wizard classes. Rat run speed runs and wizard meta has been #1 for far too long and about to be god tier with season of LoN.

50% additive damage increase by skills is added on to other stacking effects like strongarms, falter, Monk unity and every other buff out there and is not as strong as you think. Even if it was 50% multiplicative, that is only about 3 gr tiers higher.

It would be good to see other classes on there like DH did in season 16.

The balance doesn't need to be perfect. Barbs would appreciate a semblance at even being close to parity. I literally can't remember a time except pre-ROS when Barbs were taken in groups as damage heroes. Not all Barbs want to be support.
04/24/2019 11:39 AMPosted by Meteorblade

The balance doesn't need to be perfect. Barbs would appreciate a semblance at even being close to parity. I literally can't remember a time except pre-ROS when Barbs were taken in groups as damage heroes. Not all Barbs want to be support.

Charger barb was the number 1 speed meta for the first half of this season until people discovered LoN Rat and rat runs became number 1 once again as was in previous seasons.

Next season charger barb meta will be gone with RoRG buff and i'm not sure how good they are with LoN sets.

I do agree that non necro and wizard classes need to be buffed.
04/24/2019 11:22 AMPosted by Sangyung

It is too radical to give 50% multiplicative damage + 50% damage reduction with only one slot of item. I think give one random rune effect (or at least Thrive on Chaos rune alone, 5364 life per fury spent) will enable many barbarians to be on the main stages.

It's actually better to give the strongest runes, to remove the auto select of those. 50% also is nothing considering some yields up to 900%, and there are items with 50% (or more) damage reduction. So granting those two ruines seems like a really fair trade for a lot of bar builds. WW could definately benefit from both runes to compete with APD's and their annoying synergy with the build.

Leapquake and HotA would equally benefit from getting those two runes aswell without even going out of the top, and I done see an issue for Raekors either.
It will be very happy if the developer can grant Insanity or Striding Giants, but I think it is also great if they at least enable Thrive on Chaos rune effect on the item. 5300 life per fury spend is quite a beautiful amount.
Bringing back Mortick's Bracers would solve so many Barb problems, but the tears of all the casuals who hate the Barb class would fill hundreds of threads.
Bring it back and give it all runes. With the power creep around around now a days all runes actually wouldn't be that bad.

If you think about how it will get used it actually needs all runes. It will knock out current items for BiS and affect builds. IK Hota for example will lose Aquilas in cube for it so Morticks would need Striding Giant. If Blizz only give SG on Morticks it wouldn't make the grade. Using Thrive on Chaos would be trivial in a IK Hota again losing Aquilas massive damage reduction. To knock out Aquilas in the cube you would need all runes in Morticks. Lastly for IK Hota you need Bracers of the First Men too so they would also stay. Only Aquilas can go from the cube so Morticks would need to be very good (like all runes good).

Bring back Morticks and give it all runes.
50% damage, 50% DR, 50% reduced cooldown on WotB