I just spent the last five hours...

General Discussion
starting a game -> NOT festering or battlefield, NOT gg mobs -> new game.
REPEAT.
and I gave up.
Thanks for opening up like that, John. Anyone else want to share?
Connection problems are going to happen. It's the internet. It's as inevitable as car crashes. The thing to do when that happens is take a break and find something else you enjoy doing.
05/04/2019 05:51 PMPosted by Bloodthroe
Connection problems are going to happen. It's the internet. It's as inevitable as car crashes. The thing to do when that happens is take a break and find something else you enjoy doing.

He's not referring to connection problems, he's referring to fishing for maps that he prefers (that everyone prefers, frankly). About the only ones I really consider bailing on are Shrouded Moors because no mobs and obnoxious layout + yay finding exit...eventually, and the Cursed Woods when it's got both the heavy snow weather effect and a grey "washed out" filter applied at the same time (essentially blinding you).
05/04/2019 06:02 PMPosted by TheTias

He's not referring to connection problems, he's referring to fishing for maps that he prefers (that everyone prefers, frankly). About the only ones I really consider bailing on are Shrouded Moors because no mobs and obnoxious layout + yay finding exit...eventually, and the Cursed Woods when it's got both the heavy snow weather effect and a grey "washed out" filter applied at the same time (essentially blinding you).

Then you go and refer to regular rifts while op is talking about greaters...
05/04/2019 06:14 PMPosted by Brad
Then you go and refer to regular rifts while op is talking about greaters...
Wow! You can read minds?

What about his post gave you the idea that he was fishing GR maps? Although it's more likely a player might do that in the higher ranges, it's also expensive, where Nephalem Rifts are free, and the big open maps are just funner to play.

Me? I take 'em as they come, and finish 'em.
05/04/2019 06:18 PMPosted by StoneOld
What about his post gave you the idea that he was fishing GR maps?

Probably because virtually no one fishes regular rifts, there is no point to unless you get that crap Shrouded Moors map on the first level, then it is next game.

As far as fishing goes, it sux. There is still a huge disparity on the GR maps. I shouldn't be able to do battlefields or festering and get 75-90% progress, then do a super long, Scooby Doo-ified sewers map and get 30% progression. The balance has gotten better over the years, but the gap is still huge.
And Blizzard has gone backwards a little bit. A year or two ago everyone was complaining about the ridiculous cave and aqueduct maps, about the fact that they were difficult to play strategically, and didn't have enough meat.

In response, Blizzard made a patch, and somewhere made a post that cave and tunnel maps would appear less frequently, and when they did they would be shorter. It seems like we have lost that patch recently.

But that's typical of Blizzard; each thing they fix in a new patch breaks two things from the last one.
05/04/2019 03:24 PMPosted by JohnTravolta
and I gave up.

Maybe you could try Hardcore?
I bet you'd be great at Stayin' Alive!
05/05/2019 02:39 AMPosted by Meteorblade
and I gave up.

Maybe you could try Hardcore?
I bet you'd be great at Stayin' Alive!

I just woke up my neighbors and my wife laughing so hard at this one.
Tip for fishing without burning too many brain cells: Set a limit to the number of tries per push. For example 8 tries a day, and no more. And/or play HC as mentioned above.
Yeah play "HC" on inferior servers that disconnect you every half hour. Meanwhile i've been playing on SC servers for 3 years and have never disconnected once.

You don't need special pixels to validate your life. You can play "HC" on softcore and delete your character if it dies.
Out of the 16 seasons I played, 4-5 of them were in HC. My experience is that HC servers disconnect and lag less than SC, probably because there are fewer players.
Lucky dancin shoes john travolta. Could be the answer your lookin for.
REPEAT.
and I gave up.

Just more proof that the only 'viable' endgame to Diablo being GR is crap. They could have done so much more to make a variety of endgame instead of a just a Time Trial that strips most of the game out of it.
05/05/2019 06:22 AMPosted by Junky
My experience is that HC servers disconnect and lag less
05/05/2019 03:19 AMPosted by Junky
And/or play HC as mentioned above.
05/05/2019 05:43 AMPosted by Soifon
Yeah play "HC" on inferior servers that disconnect you every half hour.

Wow, I truly thought that everyone would have noticed that I was just having a bit of fun with the fact that the OP was called John Travolta, the star of the film Staying Alive (the follow-up to Saturday Night Fever), and that in hardcore you have to stay alive. I wasn't suggesting HC was special or anything. Comedy. Fun. Daftness. Do you remember when these concepts weren't considered alien to the forums?
05/05/2019 08:33 AMPosted by Meteorblade
05/05/2019 06:22 AMPosted by Junky
My experience is that HC servers disconnect and lag less
05/05/2019 03:19 AMPosted by Junky
And/or play HC as mentioned above.
05/05/2019 05:43 AMPosted by Soifon
Yeah play "HC" on inferior servers that disconnect you every half hour.

Wow, I truly thought that everyone would have noticed that I was just having a bit of fun with the fact that the OP was called John Travolta, the star of the film Staying Alive (the follow-up to Saturday Night Fever), and that in hardcore you have to stay alive. I wasn't suggesting HC was special or anything. Comedy. Fun. Daftness. Do you remember when these concepts weren't considered alien to the forums?

I haven't seen that movie so its kinda hard to understand the joke. I haven't said HC is more special or life validating, as you say. I said it might contribute to less fishing, if op indeed think that is a boring part of the game. So cut the crap, please.
When I push solo I at least skip to floor 2 if the first is bad and small. Of course if you open a long version of Corvus then rip

He's complaining about not getting an ideal rift for his build. It's bound to happen at some point with this endless scaling thing, but some just expect to find that one golden rift consistently, for whatever reason....
REPEAT.
and I gave up.

Then dance, dance my friend,.. dance your way to oblivion.

'Cause you ain't gonna find it in this forum!