5 days until season end, no s17 start date?

General Discussion
it's 5 days until season 16 ends, Is it true no s17 start date announced yet?
There's no concrete information yet, but the season 16 extension post was updated to show this (I just noticed it right now):

02/22/2019 10:25 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Edit: Just to clear confusion, May 12 is the final and confirmed end date for Season 16. We'll have more information on Season 17 before the end of this week (week of May 6).

We hope that you’re enjoying the change-up to your gameplay during the Season of Grandeur and can’t wait to share with you what we’ve got in store for our next theme.

The post can be found in the sticky on the front page at this link: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771057397#post-1

So we're just waiting to see what news crops up this week (hopefully).
So, it seems that they are still working on 2.6.5. Hope that it is not only bug fixing (e.g. stash issue) but balancing. Will see.
I'm watching Bluddshed on twitch. He thinks this means we'll get our two week notice for season start. Meaning it will start on the 24th. At the very latest the 31st.
OMG enough already, this season has been way too long so lets get it ended and start the new season on the same day. Heck everyone has had loads and loads of time to figure out what they will start next season as.....

What is the delay??? Things just do not seem to get any better at Blizzard they only make Diablo players frustrated. Why did this season get extended by two months, seasonal players like 3 month seasons if not they can play non seasonal.

Please get your act together Blizzard or you will lose even more Diablo players.
05/07/2019 02:33 PMPosted by DarkAngel
OMG enough already, this season has been way too long so lets get it ended and start the new season on the same day. Heck everyone has had loads and loads of time to figure out what they will start next season as.....

What is the delay??? Things just do not seem to get any better at Blizzard they only make Diablo players frustrated. Why did this season get extended by two months, seasonal players like 3 month seasons if not they can play non seasonal.

Please get your act together Blizzard or you will lose even more Diablo players.

You have no clue about game developement right?

Even balance changes where people like you think "why does it take so long, they only changed few numbers" needs a lot of work and testing.

Changing numbers in the code can result in unexpected bugs and Blizzard is surely about to test all the scenarios before final release.

I'm prety sure that you would be the first one who comes to the forum and blame the developers + mimimi because a bug crashed the game during your gaming season.

So to prevent this they have to test different scenarios with all the new numbers.....comprende?. ;)
I'm available for testing...

"Let me in, let me in (to the PTR)"

And all the overworked dev team members are probably saying...

"Let us out, Let us out"
Sorry CroDanZ you are right I am not a programmer or game developer I am just anxious for this next season to begin.
When is it over, when does it start, when is it over when does it start. Bla, bla, bla.
05/07/2019 02:56 PMPosted by DarkAngel
Sorry CroDanZ you are right I am not a programmer or game developer I am just anxious for this next season to begin.

We all are. :)

Because I dont like the current POE synthesis league mechanic I play Grim Dawn meanwhile to close the gap till the new season.

GD is not even close to the quality standard of Diablo but its prety fun too. ;)
05/07/2019 02:10 PMPosted by TheTias
There's no concrete information yet, but the season 16 extension post was updated to show this (I just noticed it right now):

02/22/2019 10:25 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Edit: Just to clear confusion, May 12 is the final and confirmed end date for Season 16. We'll have more information on Season 17 before the end of this week (week of May 6).

We hope that you’re enjoying the change-up to your gameplay during the Season of Grandeur and can’t wait to share with you what we’ve got in store for our next theme.

The post can be found in the sticky on the front page at this link: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771057397#post-1

So we're just waiting to see what news crops up this week (hopefully).

Thanks for the heads up, it's really a shame the Blizz is so poor on effective communication with it's fans of D3 that are still playing.

The HC clan I was in when Nov. 2 Blizzcon Debacle happened has since fallen apart with the leader quit playing completely and most active HC players moving to other HC clans.

This sad result is mainly from the lack of effective communication as well as the incompetence of the part of Blizzard that stays in touch with it's fans, which insures the 'feel' that they actually care.
sounds like season17 starts May,31 or June 7
05/07/2019 03:32 PMPosted by Terrapoyt
sounds like season17 starts May,31 or June 7

Sounds more like May,24 or May,31 to me. ;)
05/07/2019 01:52 PMPosted by Prology
"We will get there when we get there, don't make me come back there and beat your a" quoted by my Dad when we went to Cedar's point.
Anyone else remembered when the first season was about 5 months long? Man, time sure flies.
05/07/2019 02:56 PMPosted by DarkAngel

No brother, I think you are correct here. Season 16 started on January 18th.
There is no reason these minor changes for S17 should create a 6 month development cycle, let ALONE a 4 week break between patches. People are saying May 31 for S17 start, the PTR is over right? End S16 on 5/12 and start S17 the following Thursday (Monday would be ideal).

This is not an expansion they are rolling out SMH.
Because this is ending on a another Sunday at 5PM, instead of a Friday, I feel this will have a very short non-season window.

I'm thinking you guys won't be resting very long, it will be 5 PM Friday May 17th.

After all the 2.6.5 PTR was opened longer and then they had a second 2.6.5 patch on April 23rd, and closed PTR 3 days later. Plenty of time to finalize play without getting close to Memorial Day issues. The Friday 24th is a bit too close IMHO. Hope I am right.

Reference https://d3resource.com/seasons/
Come on give the guy a break. They only have one man working on Diablo 3 so give him time to fix it and get things ready.
05/07/2019 05:40 PMPosted by Drakiock
Because this is ending on a another Sunday at 5PM, instead of a Friday, I feel this will have a very short non-season window.

I'm thinking you guys won't be resting very long, it will be 5 PM Friday May 17th.

After all the 2.6.5 PTR was opened longer and then they had a second 2.6.5 patch on April 23rd, and closed PTR 3 days later. Plenty of time to finalize play without getting close to Memorial Day issues. The Friday 24th is a bit too close IMHO. Hope I am right.

Reference https://d3resource.com/seasons/

We'll know by Friday on this point.

05/07/2019 07:27 PMPosted by Soul
Come on give the guy a break. They only have one man working on Diablo 3 so give him time to fix it and get things ready.

There is a whole team working on D3. While it is significantly less than the teams working on the other Diablo-related projects, some people wear multiple hats when working. Working in game dev means that sometimes you have to multitask.
05/07/2019 02:15 PMPosted by TrvAix
I'm watching Bluddshed on twitch. He thinks this means we'll get our two week notice for season start. Meaning it will start on the 24th. At the very latest the 31st.

I tend to agree, but I was really hoping for the 17th.