I just solved the stash space problem

General Discussion
Keep the bound on account, but let people buy multiple copies per account and let them log in each copy at the same time.

It only needs one PC because you can have multiple instances of Diablo running at the same time on one machine. The gear is still bound to ONE account. If two accounts worth of hero slots and stash space is not enough...buy a third, fourth, heck, as many as you like. It's no different than multiple people buying multiple copies as far as that goes.

If for some reason the software just can't allow more than one copy per account then let people link multiple accounts together as "same owner". Currently you can only have two alts (unless the EULA changed). Allow more accounts and just limit them to only four logged in at the same time (one full game's worth). Unlimited (as long as one has the cash) stash space. Hoarder's delight.

Problem solved.
05/17/2019 03:36 AMPosted by Lovecraft
There is no 'stash space problem'; stop hoarding every PoS legendary or set piece that happens to drop.

Of course you would say something like that, you're not even using all your character slots. Try having 14 characters with each having 2-4 different builds, each build using its own gear setup. I'd bet anything you will start to have stash space issues.

Hoarding can be a contributing factor but it's not the main cause of running out of stash space.

Nowadays we can save up to 10 different builds per character in the armory. While some builds can share gear, many do not and all of that require storage. What's the use of all those armory slots when there's not enough stash space?
05/17/2019 03:36 AMPosted by Lovecraft
There is no 'stash space problem'; stop hoarding every PoS legendary or set piece that happens to drop.

Have you not played this game? All classes share the same stash, multiple chars = multple builds, gear, gems, rings, amulets and so forth.

By your logic

A bank teller should be telling clients to stop depositing money into there safety deposit boxes because they have no room. Instead of letting them open another one....
Some of y'all never been temp banned while managing your 42 mule accounts and it shows.
[quote="207702677709"]There is no 'stash space problem'; stop hoarding every PoS legendary or set piece that happens to drop.

I'd bet anything you will start to have stash space issues.

You'd lose, I only keep the best of what I get for immediate use. If I haven't used it for a while it gets salvaged.

I used to have more characters, they go too along with their junk if I haven't played them a while.
05/17/2019 03:55 AMPosted by Kirottu

Of course you would say something like that, you're not even using all your character slots. Try having 14 characters with each having 2-4 different builds, each build using its own gear setup. I'd bet anything you will start to have stash space issues

There’s only 7 different classes. Male and female characters don’t have different gear requirements.
05/17/2019 05:36 AMPosted by Amonra
There’s only 7 different classes. Male and female characters don’t have different gear requirements.

What has that do with anything?

If you have all character slots in use (gender, class, etc. doesn't matter), have 2-4 builds for each character and those builds each have all their own gear, you will have stash space issues to some extent. One doesn't have to hoard anything to run out of stash space.
There is no 'stash space problem'; stop hoarding every junk legendary or set piece that happens to drop.
05/17/2019 10:30 AMPosted by Lovecraft
There is no 'stash space problem'; stop hoarding every junk legendary or set piece that happens to drop.

So people should only play the meta exclusively instead of trying out different builds and seeing how far they can go with them?
Or just do what Path of Exile does and everyone will be happy? That game avoids the weird issues Blizzard has by simply not loading the stash tab contents when not in town and when in town it will pre-load the contents of the first 4 tabs and load the contents of additional tabs when you access them.

I do not understand Blizzard's fascination with having everything loaded in RAM when it simply isn't needed.
The "stash space problem" is only a problem for those that are pathological hoarders.
First of all, OP, it doesn't matter how many accounts you have, you can only have four of them in one game, and you can only trade gear between them for the first two hours after the piece of gear drops.

And Blizzard really doesn't care how many accounts you have, nor can they make that determination. For example, let's say I have six accounts. Each one of them requires a different email address, and I used two or three different payment methods, but that doesn't matter.

In the Terms of Use, Blizzard acknowledges that you can have multiple accounts. The limitation of three accounts that you're talking about refers only to the Blizzard Balance account, to the extent that you can hold credit and execute transactions from that account. To wit:
    1 (D): Platform and Game-Specific Features.
      i: Platform Features:
        2: Blizzard Balance.
          a: As an active Account holder, you may participate in the Blizzard Balance service (“Blizzard Balance”). Blizzard Balance can only be used to obtain certain products and services offered by Blizzard; it has no cash value. Blizzard grants you a limited license to acquire, use, and redeem Blizzard Balance pursuant to the terms of this Agreement. Regardless of how it is acquired, Blizzard Balance is non-transferable to another person or Account, does not accrue interest, is not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), and, unless otherwise required by law or permitted by this Agreement, is not redeemable or refundable for any sum of money or monetary value from Blizzard at any time. Blizzard Balance does not constitute or confer upon you any personal property right. Blizzard Balance is not a bank account. And, while you can register and play on multiple Accounts, you are not allowed to have more than three (3) Accounts with Blizzard Balance.
https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal/fba4d00f-c7e4-4883-b8b9-1b4500a402ea/blizzard-end-user-license-agreement

Now, I'm not particularly interested in establishing a Blizzard Balance, but if I did, I could only have three of them even though I have more than three accounts. But even on this front, I doubt that Blizzard could positively determine that I established more than three Blizzard Balance accounts, because once money is deposited into it, it becomes Blizzard Balance, not money, and it can only be used to purchase goods and services from Blizzard, on that account.

I don't think Blizzard really cares what initial payment method was used to establish the Blizzard Balance; for example, I could use my credit card to put $30 on each of five friend's accounts, and even though the source of the funds was a single credit card, they would be a single Blizzard Balance on each of my friend's accounts. Now if each of my friends happened to be me, holding an account with a different name and email address, Blizzard would be just as unable to tell how many accounts I can, as a human being have, and how many of those accounts with a Blizzard Balance, belonged to me.
Much easier solution is to apply the bind on account to any item as soon as it leaves your character's stash and is placed in your main stash. If you want to trade it or give it to some one, you can't put it in your stash; you have to keep it on your character or do the trade / swap / give right then. And if you change characters with the item still in the character inventory, it is bound as well.

That way the game only has to track the character inventory and equipped items for each player in the game, which is a fraction of what it needs to do now.
05/17/2019 04:15 AMPosted by Masq
By your logic

A bank teller should be telling clients to stop depositing money into there safety deposit boxes because they have no room. Instead of letting them open another one....

In all fairness you should absolutely not be depositing money into a safe deposit box, or anywhere else where it isn't generating some type of return. It's actually a bank tellers job to inform you regarding the negatives of such an action as well as outlining the more fruitful alternatives. So yeah, not a great analogy.
05/17/2019 01:20 PMPosted by Cupcaked
05/17/2019 04:15 AMPosted by Masq
By your logic

In all fairness you should absolutely not be depositing money into a safe deposit box, or anywhere else where it isn't generating some type of return. It's actually a bank tellers job to inform you regarding the negatives of such an action as well as outlining the more fruitful alternatives. So yeah, not a great analogy.

In all fairness, a bank tellers job is to push whatever financial instrument makes the bank the highest profit. If that's a safe deposit box, then that's what your teller will try to sell you. If it's a high fee low interest savings acct that gets them the highest commission, guess what they'll suggest.
I'd pay $20 for 5 more tabs. Just make us pay and use the $ to fix any problems.
I'd be fine paying for stash tabs. Make it like PoE. Why, when I've already paid for the game? Well, I mean, I've played this game probably over 1500 hours. By any stretch of the imagination, I have gotten my money out of it.

I'd be more than happy to support future development in D3 itself, and in the franchise overall. I mean, don't make them ridiculously priced, I'm not going to pay $10/tab or something ridiculous like that. But I'd definitely pay a few dollars per tab.

Maybe that's not a popular opinion, I don't know. But while I don't believe their "it's a technical issue" reasons, I can fully admit that right now probably almost none of us are contributing directly to the monetary upkeep of the game.
05/17/2019 03:21 AMPosted by Hamiltonz
Problem solved.

Well, since the game isn't worth purchasing even 1 copy, how can you justify getting a lot of copies?

In all fairness, a bank tellers job is to push whatever financial instrument makes the bank the highest profit. If that's a safe deposit box, then that's what your teller will try to sell you. If it's a high fee low interest savings acct that gets them the highest commission, guess what they'll suggest.

That's correct, and that "financial instrument" would never, ever be a safe deposit box. Seems like you don't know how banking institutions work so this is probably going to blow your !@#$ing mind... Your money, the money you keep there, they use to make investments and loan to others. Do you know how to deprive them of that benefit? Yeah... putting your money into a steel box inside of another steel box. That's why banks pay you interest billy, to incentivize you to store your money with them in the form of a checking and/or savings account.

Did you know that the contents of safe deposit boxes aren't FDIC insured, which is the core reason we use banks in the first place?

Did you know most banks actually forbid the storage of currency in a safe deposit box, unless it is of a collectible nature? Obviously you didn't, as it kind of unravels your entire post.

No teller anywhere, assuming their bank even allows it, is ever going to pitch a safe deposit box to a customer in order to store physical currency. It was a terrible analogy and you're dumb to try and defend it.

Edit: Also, the whole "If it's a high fee low interest savings acct that gets them the highest commission" thing... where do you live that banks actively try to dissuade customers from using their services? Chase will pay you 300$ just to open a checking account, not really the banking landscape where you would offer a high fee anything.