Reforge primal ancient

General Discussion
Why not allow to reforge primal ancient ?

Let's say it cost you :
-500 souls
-50 bounties comps
-1 Ramaldini's gift

Sounds fair enough ?
nice idea I'd like to see it also
No. instead of reforging primals, better yet allow it to have more meaningful stats and remove RNG from it. Primal is supposed to be top tier gear. It shouldn't be a glorified max stat ancient. That's how it should have been.
05/30/2019 03:52 AMPosted by Mikihisa

Let's say it cost you :
-500 souls
-50 bounties comps
-1 Ramaldini's gift

Sounds fair enough ?

Because if Blizzard wanted you to have more good Primals, they’d simply raise the drop rate of Primals.
05/30/2019 05:11 AMPosted by Melisandre
No. instead of reforging primals, better yet allow it to have more meaningful stats and remove RNG from it. Primal is supposed to be top tier gear. It shouldn't be a glorified max stat ancient. That's how it should have been.

While I support the idea of reduced RNG, I wouldn't remove it completely. If a primal has completely fixed affixes, it might useful in a build A but completely useless in a build B.

An example: Traveller's Pledge -amulet. For most builds ideal affixes are Elemental Damage%, CHC, CHD and socket. For thorns builds two of those affixes are useless.

How do you define what is universally ideal for all builds?

Let's say it cost you :
-500 souls
-50 bounties comps
-1 Ramaldini's gift

Sounds fair enough ?

For end game gear, still too easy. Maybe 20000 souls and 500 of each bounty mat and 100 gifts.
05/30/2019 05:11 AMPosted by Melisandre

Definitely not. The one saving grace of the abysmal low drop rate is that Primals aren’t actually needed to do anything, so it’s not a big deal if you don’t get them.

If you give them additional stats or unique stats then suddenly only getting 1 crappy Primal in the first 700 Paragon levels starts to feel frustrating as !@#$ because there’s nothing you can do about it except keep trucking and hope your luck changes.
I disagree with this idea, but, indulging you for a moment, if something like this were to be implemented then that cost is far too cheap: a full stack of Gifts, quadruple the souls. Not sure what you mean by 'bounty comps'.
after reading people's responses and their thoughts on the material costs I am certain that most of you bot. I play 2-3 hours a day and these mat costs would take me weeks to come up with. A stack of gifts?? in my NS character I have perhaps 180 total gifts...really? if you're not botting to have stacks and stacks of these sitting around I would call you a liar.
well I admit 1 gift isn't enough, but 10 gift start to be a thing. You might reforge primal gloves/comparse an hundred of time before getting one with bis stats.
05/30/2019 05:45 AMPosted by MerLock

Let's say it cost you :
-500 souls
-50 bounties comps
-1 Ramaldini's gift

Sounds fair enough ?

For end game gear, still too easy. Maybe 20000 souls and 500 of each bounty mat and 100 gifts.

Lollllll nice sarcasm there
What is the point? Blizzard did not introduce Primal Ancient items with the intention that the first Primal Ancient that dropped would be able to replace an Ancient version of the same item you have equipped. Primal Ancient items are simply Ancient items with perfect property rolls, and are subject to the same RNG that Ancient and non-Ancient legendary items are subject to. The difference between a good Primal Ancient item and an optimal Ancient item is negligible. They are shiny objects that were added to the game in order to prolong the loot hunt almost indefinitely.

Also, there is already a method and a cost to obtain a specific Primal Ancient item. The method would be to reforge a legendary item in Kanai's Cube. And the cost would be the average number of times a player can expect to reforge a legendary item before it becomes a Primal Ancient item (approximately 500 times, I believe). The wonderful thing about this method is that it could require far fewer crafting materials than otherwise required, if the player is lucky. Conversely, it might not work at all.
Isn't the change of getting a primal 100 times that of an ancient?

Or is it 100 times a normal piece?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Lollllll nice sarcasm there

Not being sarcastic. Primal gear is end game gear and as such, should be difficult to obtain. It use to be that legendaries were hard to get and then they tuned it so that now it basically rains legendaries. The loot hunt got boring fast so they released primals to keep it going. If they made it easy to get good primals, we're back to square one.

The required mats the OP is proposing isn't hard to acquire and those in non seasons probably have tons of that stuff lying around.

05/30/2019 04:04 PMPosted by Phatty
Isn't the change of getting a primal 100 times that of an ancient?

Or is it 100 times a normal piece?

From my own experience, roughly 1 in 400 legendary drops result in a primal. I believe when primals were being tested on the PTR the drop rate was 1% of legendary drops but then they made it even rarer when they switched to version 2 of primals.