Season 17 LON builds when it's all over

General Discussion
Season 17 LON builds when it's all over. What are we going to do with our builds in the future based on this seasonal premise. I realize seasonal I just a temp system but what about those whom want to play with their build after it's all over. We will be forced to use the rings which will throw everything we have created out of wack. Personally I have wanted an opportunity to create a more customized build using legendary items as opposed to always being forced in to class specific sets where everyone has the same cookie cutter builds just looking for thoughts, opinions, answers. Thanks
Did you play season 16?
Once season 17 ends, so too does the theme bonus. Season 14-16 themes operated the same way, and 17 will be no different.
05/30/2019 04:50 PMPosted by Jazz
Did you play season 16?
Played 15 skipped 16, I've been hit or miss for the last year or two, ready for the next iteration.......
Will 2 rings make such big difference? I think builds should still be playable.
05/30/2019 05:08 PMPosted by Kaelos
Will 2 rings make such big difference? I think builds should still be playable.

If the rings are CoE, Unity, Krysbin, SoJ and other rings that boost damage there is a big difference.
05/30/2019 04:30 PMPosted by Strank
I realize seasonal I just a temp system but what about those whom want to play with their build after it's all over.

You answered your own question. "Temp. System." What do you think is gonna happen? Obviously you'll be forced to go use the LON set.
Wow, some people are just ignorant beyond belief.
Most people are using the Vry Set in the Season of LON.

And Barbs are all out of luck.

So I don't think this will actually impact that many people.
Season 17 LON builds when it's all over. What are we going to do with our builds in the future based on this seasonal premise. I realize seasonal I just a temp system but what about those whom want to play with their build after it's all over. We will be forced to use the rings which will throw everything we have created out of wack. Personally I have wanted an opportunity to create a more customized build using legendary items as opposed to always being forced in to class specific sets where everyone has the same cookie cutter builds just looking for thoughts, opinions, answers. Thanks

the concept of season was to try something extravagant for the duration of the season. Once done, be happy and look forward to the next one. LON only helped like 2 classes, implementing it in non season is pointless.
Most of the LoN builds will still be usable in nonseason after S17 however many of them will drop several tiers in GR due to lack of damage and/or toughness. For example, LoN monk will lose BOTH CoE AND Unity (since Obsidian ring is basically required) which is a 33% dps loss and a 50% toughness loss.
I realize seasonal I just a temp system but what about those whom want to play with their build after it's all over.

You summed up all your worries right here.

After the season, put on the 2 rings, and carry on with your grind.
You can continue with the build as is and find an appropriately challenging Rift or GR, which will not feel any different to a higher Rift or GR that is just as appropriately challenging to the build with the season bonus active. They will be equally challenging and not feel different in any way unless you're the type of player to stress over EXP and loot rewards.

I've done this with my own LoN build on occasion so I can simply enjoy my build. There only loot drops that matter would be those that could possibly be upgrades to the build, but loot falls often enough there is no real need to worry about it much. Just run about, destroy demon mobs and enjoy the game.

If you're worried about your numbers, you have no real choice: Wear the rings you want and watch your damage be gimped when the LoN bonus is removed, or swap to LoN rings to get the maximum damage in comparison to the rings you're wearing now. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
i prob will delete all my items before season ends.. i have better gear in ns so idc
The crusader class needs Justice Lantern and Unity to survive in high solo GR.

- Blessed Shield becomes a glass cannon ranged build without justice lantern / Unity making those 70+ leniency stacks kills much hard to pull off.
- Condemn is also pretty glassy without those rings, (no Aquilas either)
- Heaven's Fury w/ Ivory Tower, needs ~2B toughness + Unity to do anything past GR120. That means no CoE. This build also enjoys the Block % from Justice Lantern
- Bombardment is similar to Blessed Shield.

Not having permanent Akkarat's Champ makes the LoN Crusader risky, especially for lower paragon players.

I hope they do something, designate LoN to one ring while buffing its toughness, or, make the LoN set bonus passively available after soloing GR 70. They might as well also rollout the free RoRG as well. Both together would make sense.
Honestly, they need to take a serious look at making some of these past buffs, permanent. Giving everyone a "free and always active" Ring of Grandeur + LoN ring set buff, opens up so many new and fun builds to mess around with in a more viable fashion.