Blighter - High GRs

Wizard
I'm currently playing vyr archon pushing 110+ and I blow through the trash, but when I get to the boss if it is Blighter I end up just leaving.

For some reason against almost every other boss I can face tank it with vyr stacks and take zero dmg, but against Blighter I just die repeatedly. I can't not find a way to fight him and avoid all the poison pools/arms. If he spawns on a tunnel map it's 100% why even bother with this, it's going to take me 7-8 mins just to kill him when I can just leave and start a new rift and get a better boss.

Anyone else experience this or am I doing something wrong?
06/06/2019 07:40 AMPosted by Eggochiggo
I'm currently playing vyr archon pushing 110+ and I blow through the trash, but when I get to the boss if it is Blighter I end up just leaving.

[/quote]

Wait till you find the horror that is Agindox.
Agindox is a pain too for some reason it punch you with its tail and that literraly OS you.

Just like Perdition in 125+ that just OS you with its charge you can't avoid.
06/07/2019 03:53 AMPosted by Mikihisa

Perdition is a PUSSY. If you fight him right. You have to shut down the Charge attack. How? Get right up in his grille. I mean you should be so close you are practically having sex with him. You see, when you are at range from him, he has to use the charge attack to get to you. if you are in his face, he can't use the charge attack. therefore you have reduced his combat effectiveness, massively.

I found something out about Blighter yesterday. It made the fight ridiculously easy. His Ground attack? It cannot cross Map lines. I was in a city map and is had one of those rectangular things in the middle of the road and I was on one side and he was on the other. when he use his ground attack, it stopped at the map line. talk about an easy kill. I just made sure I was on the other side of the map line for the rest of the battle.
Has anyone ever made a guide on GRs and how to best to kill them? Come to think of it, in like 3-4 years I don't think I ever saw one of these.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JUvow4-hooyW2F29LY9PLk-2Lr4eiEhE9McgR6lYIoI/edit#gid=0

RG Cheat sheet; very useful. Wish I had have read this years ago.
06/12/2019 04:53 AMPosted by SuperHellus
06/07/2019 03:53 AMPosted by Mikihisa

Perdition is a PUSSY. If you fight him right. You have to shut down the Charge attack. How? Get right up in his grille. I mean you should be so close you are practically having sex with him. You see, when you are at range from him, he has to use the charge attack to get to you. if you are in his face, he can't use the charge attack. therefore you have reduced his combat effectiveness, massively.

I found something out about Blighter yesterday. It made the fight ridiculously easy. His Ground attack? It cannot cross Map lines. I was in a city map and is had one of those rectangular things in the middle of the road and I was on one side and he was on the other. when he use his ground attack, it stopped at the map line. talk about an easy kill. I just made sure I was on the other side of the map line for the rest of the battle.

Perdition's normal melee attacks can do a lot of dps on higher tiers, so I'm not sure how hugging him when resetting is wise. One way to fight him is to get into a distance where he doesn't charge, but still slightly out of range of his swipes. Can be hard to do. The other way to fight him is to just fight him beside a doorway. If you see him start up the charge animation, just go through the portal. Can be difficult to do.

I been doing the blighter thing for a long time now, but I will note that you still have to be rather careful when resetting. His poison pools may not go through map obstacles, but the poison balls that he fires can go over, for instance, pits in the ground.

I'm kind of surprised I don't see more complaining about Erethon. I feel like he would be one of the harder RGs to kill for the spec. Frankly if I was fighting one of the harder ones I wouldn't even wait for 20 chantodo stacks. I would just transform as soon as I could.

Also I'll note that I think enchantress can somewhat stunlock a lot of RGs. Here is the way I have mine outfitted:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/StoleOwnCar-1814/hero/41936578

I've been solo farming 120s on my Vyr wizard, and this setup is moderately effective. Obviously they're going to still do attacks regularly, but the regularity is reduced by a lot. I used to have Overwhelming Desire in the amulet slot, but some people told me that it didn't work on the RG so I took it off. To be honest I'm skeptical because I feel like it did work somehow when I had it on. That being said enchantress has her own list of annoyances when soloing. Chief of which is positioning. She's ranged, so she can draw mobs away from you easily. Templar does the same, but at least you can gather on top of him.

06/13/2019 03:02 AMPosted by Venaliter
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JUvow4-hooyW2F29LY9PLk-2Lr4eiEhE9McgR6lYIoI/edit#gid=0

RG Cheat sheet; very useful. Wish I had have read this years ago.

That kind of deals with it mainly from a group perspective. I find the thorns page to be interesting but it conflicts with another guide that someone else put together on some of the RGs. Either way not terribly helpful for solo wizards.
Also I'll note that I think enchantress can somewhat stunlock a lot of RGs. Here is the way I have mine outfitted:

It's the Sultan of the Blinding Sand that she uses. That weapon can roll crazy high chance to blind and it works on most RG.

The Templar has the Freeze Deflection shield. You want the Shield to have block chance. And with block chance an easy roll to enchant in his token, its a good combo. You can also stack a justice lantern of you wish, but the Wyrward can stun and works well with a couple of lightning weapons the Templar can use.
06/14/2019 02:37 PMPosted by storytime42

It's the Sultan of the Blinding Sand that she uses. That weapon can roll crazy high chance to blind and it works on most RG.

Had no idea rolling Sultan to lightning damage proc'd Wyrward. Huh.
06/14/2019 07:41 PMPosted by Venaliter

Does that work with Enchantress? I know it works with Templar, because his melee attacks default to whatever element type he has on his weapon. I thought some of her attacks were arcane though.

Wyrdward works with Thunderfury not because the chain lightning procs it. If you watch closely, the chain lightning doesn't (procs don't proc procs). It's only his melee attacks that proc Wyrdward. And it works with Thunderfury because Thunderfury always rolls lightning elemental damage by default.

But you can trigger Wyrdward with any weapon on Templar by rolling the element type to lightning. E.g. Eun-Jang-Do with lightning damage.

Didn't realize that worked on Enchantress too, as I thought her attacks were arcane. But I guess it does.
06/14/2019 07:41 PMPosted by Venaliter

I want saying this exactly, although it should work.

The second paragraph was about the Templar. There is the Blessed Thunderflurry..., The Fulminator, and the E-Jang-do all do lightning DMG and the Templar can use. Making the Wyrward a better option than the Justice Lantern for the block chance to proc the Deflection Shield. Both the stun from Wyrward and the freeze from the Deflection Shield works on most RG. Making the Templar probably the best follower to take.
06/14/2019 02:37 PMPosted by storytime42

Oh, I don't think you explicitly said this, but the profile you linked By StoleOwnCar had him rerolling the damage to Lightning and equipping Wyrward. I was like "Oh, so that works?"