Well i WAS gonna give this game a try

General Discussion
06/05/2019 06:26 PMPosted by Skrotar
untill i saw the 18.99 price for the necromancer lol.
06/05/2019 06:33 PMPosted by Skrotar
Path of exile proves that you can make money selling only cosmetics.

You dont need to be pay 2 win

Sound like you assume Necro Patch is a P2W item or this patch should be free for you :-)

Actual you can completely skip Necro Patch in D3 if it is not your cup of tea, just like you can completely skip Cosmetics in PoE :-)
[quote="207704877058"]
Actual you can completely skip Necro Patch in D3 if it is not your cup of tea, just like you can completely skip Cosmetics in PoE :-)

Yeah im just going to completely skip giving d3 another chance instead. I wanted my money back day 1, im not about to throw more money at the garbage heap to try content that might have made it enjoyable.

I really hope they do d4 right. D2 lan parties were the best memories of my childhood
This guy is an obvious PoE fanboy. Diablo 3 was disappointing as a sequel in my opinion, but it's not a bad game by any means. $20 is a bit much for a class, but that has NOTHING on the abomination known as Diablo Immortal. They basically !@#$%d out the franchise to the Asian mobile market with no signs of a proper Diablo 4.
06/05/2019 10:39 PMPosted by Zman
This guy is an obvious PoE fanboy. Diablo 3 was disappointing as a sequel in my opinion, but it's not a bad game by any means. $20 is a bit much for a class, but that has NOTHING on the abomination known as Diablo Immortal. They basically !@#$%d out the franchise to the Asian mobile market with no signs of a proper Diablo 4.

Meh poe has its problems. I'd prefer blizzard do it right and just give us a proper good d4.
06/05/2019 07:18 PMPosted by Skrotar
06/05/2019 07:17 PMPosted by Avalon
After looking at your profile you did not really play the game, so move along.

No, i will not move along. I dont answer to you bub. You move along. Move along to path of exile because this game sucks.

Path of Exile sucks even harder lol.

They cater to the mewling quims because they only got ONE game to offer. It's the sole source of their income so they have no choice but to say YES to everything.

That's what happens when the majority of your playerbase are noobs & calculator nerds.
06/05/2019 07:31 PMPosted by Skrotar
[quote]
[quote="207706177058"]
Needless to say, PoE's clunky combat eventually got to me and has been shelved for years now.

Great game, horrible combat engine.

Massive remake of the combat engine (mostly melee) launching friday.

If the game is so great and wonderful why are they remaking the whole combat engine? If it's so good they shouldn't have to do anything to it
D3 gets boring indeed but what game doesn't after 1000s hours played. I loved all Diablo sometimes go back to 1 and 2. Fact 1 and 2 hours combined don't even come close to hours played in D3. So D3 is a great game
That used to be a decent game. You could play it like you wanted to play it, you didn't have to run temporary league content if you preferred playing normal league only. For the last couple years GGG has taken to putting most temporary league content into the normal league, cluttering the game up with league mechanics that weren't popular to begin with, even with players who only play temporary leagues.

It'd be about the same as only letting D3 non season players run 5 rifts, then have to run a set dungeon before they qualify for 5 more rifts.

With as much as they cluttered up the normal league I'll not be playing their game again.

But they don't just sell cosmetics. You have to buy stash space and there is nothing cosmetic about that
06/05/2019 11:44 PMPosted by Steve
But they don't just sell cosmetics. You have to buy stash space and there is nothing cosmetic about that

Shoo... don't you know you're not allowed to bring facts into an emotional thread?
Poe sucks more than d2
I've been gaming for a while. I've come to the conclusion that no game is perfect. They all have flaws, even the ones from the most funded, talented developers. Enjoying a video game or not is generally seen as subjective but there are some generally agreed upon objective video game design rules that most people can usually agree that make a game "good".

1. Smooth controls. If controls aren't smooth, it can feel "heavy" or "lethargic" to play. I feel Diablo3 controls are very fluid.

2. Visually appealing. Not necessarily ultra high def next-gen graphics, but just something that is visually pleasant to look at. Diablo 3 looks pretty good.

3. Story. At least a decent story, with fleshed out characters, good voice acting and a compelling plot. Diablo 3 story is "okay", just not great.

4. Quality of life. A buzzword these days, but those small but meaningful changes that make playing the game less cumbersome and more efficient.

5. Gameplay. Arguably the most important, since the purpose of playing games is to enjoy it, thus gameplay should be fun, engaging, challenging, and rewarding. Still somewhat subjective, since some people like Hello Kitty online, and some people like Dark Souls, but it should at least offer a decent amount of content to keep the player busy playing the game.

As much as I've complained about D3 in the past, I still feel it's a decent to good game, simply because, from an objective view it does seem to hit all the main points with the exception of maybe the story being the weakest one. I've certainly spent a lot of time playing it, though I will admit, even if some of it was fun and enjoyable, a good portion was also boring.

TLDR: Diablo3 is a decent game, but no game is perfect. It's worth playing if you haven't played in a while, but I can't personally play it exclusively for very long periods of time.

P.S. - Bashing each other based on games we play or enjoy serves no purpose. Video games themselves are purely for entertainment. Remember, there's a person on the other side of that screen.
06/05/2019 07:57 PMPosted by Orrion

Gonna have to explain how the Necro is pay2win.

Still waiting for this answer. I can't take this troll post serious if he doesn't even understand what P2W means.
06/06/2019 07:05 AMPosted by RaDaC
06/05/2019 07:57 PMPosted by Orrion

Gonna have to explain how the Necro is pay2win.

Still waiting for this answer. I can't take this troll post serious if he doesn't even understand what P2W means.

well in all honesty if you consider the rat run paragon farm meta, then there is that comparison. None of the other classes can be as efficient as rat runs and since LBs are based on solo clears utilizing benefits from group runs - one could potentially argue against it. But yeah this is splitting hair and pushing the pay2win concept to a far extreme.
06/05/2019 06:26 PMPosted by Skrotar
Yeah i'll go back to path of exile where i can pay for custom cosmetics to look cool instead of p2w.

Nice try kiddo.

Your troll game needs work.
Funny pay to win you mean buy the game and expansions like a normal person/ways that everyone use to do? Pay to win my friend is buying your way to max lvl and all your gear.