D4 Lives -- There Is Always Hope

General Discussion
"Blizzard Cancels StarCraft First-Person Shooter To Focus On Diablo 4 And Overwatch 2"

https://kotaku.com/sources-blizzard-cancels-starcraft-first-person-shoote-1835285125
Maybe this is why nobody can login to battle.net... Because they are about to give us a huge surprise that D4 is coming! lol

ok just joking. Was a nice thought though right?
Everyone still working there stepped away to make the new hype video for Blizzcon 2019. They are all standing around in the lobby playing on their phones.
Pile of crap.

It doesn’t make any sense, anyway. Blizzard has independent teams for their games - the cancellation of one, even if true, would hardly hardly affect the rest. It’s not like they don’t have money to develop whatever the hell they want.
Diablo 4 is just a title. We can only wait and see if the game can compete with all the competitors and this will likely take a few more years
Kotaku........lol
06/07/2019 05:46 PMPosted by Max
Diablo 4 is just a title. We can only wait and see if the game can compete with all the competitors and this will likely take a few more years

Agreed. Activision Blizzard lost my trust completely with the BlizzCon 2018. I used to be hyped about pretty much anything they put out, but now they are nothing more than another standard game developer. I don't care about D4 until there is a gameplay Beta that also contains the endgame (remember the D3 release debacle).
06/09/2019 11:47 PMPosted by Elgareth
Activision Blizzard lost my trust completely with the BlizzCon 2018.

To preface this, I'll begin by stating that Blizzcon 2018's announcement was a huge disappointment for me too, and they really should have known that the playerbase they were announcing to were not going to be interested. And that they don't like snide remarks about whether or not they possess phones.

That being said, I've seen it mentioned several times that there seems to be some evidence that Diablo 4 was actually supposed to be announced then but had to be pushed back for one reason or another. I think it's reasonable to suspect that had they known earlier that they would not have it ready for announcement, they would have just cancelled/postponed altogether (because of the lack of any other real announcements), but I think it happened far too late, after tickets had already been sold and people had made their plans.

Again, I don't wish to try to excuse Blizzard's poor decision or how they handled it. The fanbase deserves better than what they got and I think people would have been a lot less angry if (assuming the above is true) they had just been open about that and explained that they were showcasing a side project and would have more info on what we really want soon.

My point is merely that there's at least a decent chance that this next Diablo title will actually be good and give us something to look forward to. As aggravating as that whole fiasco was, I also remember being in the BfA alpha and beta, having told them (and I was certainly not the only one) it wasn't ready and should be delayed. Despite us asking for the expansion to be set back, it was released on schedule and I'm sure we all know how that was received.

So I take a bit of comfort in the idea that they may actually have delayed a game that wasn't ready just like they used to do. They've made a lot of mistakes in the past few years, but that would be a good first step in rebuilding trust and respect.

I understand you losing your faith in them and respect it, I know they've earned that. I just felt it was worth pointing out that there's a CHANCE that it may ultimately be a good sign, and may end up in the Diablo community finally getting the attention it deserves.
There was always have False Hype Train before blizzcon near.You can see now most of the diablo website already stop to analysis those hype.so you may imagine what the status about diablo franchise now.Diablo 4?Hmm,I'm still waiting but not exited.
06/07/2019 01:40 PMPosted by hawkeye
Focus On Diablo 4

D4 Lives -- There Is Always Hope

And where do you see the hope? I mean, we were all hopeful about D3 and the game is still crap 7 yeas after it came out.

Considering, that we don't know who's working on D4, whether they even understand the genre or not, whether they are arrogant and have disdain for Diablo (like the D3 team showed on multiple occasions) or not, there's zero reason to be hopeful.

Hell, I don't even know what stunt Blizzard must pull off in order to get me excited for D4.
They'll probably show two or three playable characters, they'll show a zone or two.. who cares?! This wont be any indication about whether the itemization or the endgame would be good.

If anything, they should be thinking of endgame and itemization from day one, and making characters and items around said endgame.

And even if they show the most amazing things, there is literally no guarantee, that we'll get to play any of it, because we might get scammed out of features again, like what happened with the Auction Houses and the PvP Arenas...
06/10/2019 01:06 AMPosted by Xanril
Activision Blizzard lost my trust completely with the BlizzCon 2018.

To preface this, I'll begin by stating that Blizzcon 2018's announcement was a huge disappointment for me too, and they really should have known that the playerbase they were announcing to were not going to be interested. And that they don't like snide remarks about whether or not they possess phones.

That being said, I've seen it mentioned several times that there seems to be some evidence that Diablo 4 was actually supposed to be announced then but had to be pushed back for one reason or another. I think it's reasonable to suspect that had they known earlier that they would not have it ready for announcement, they would have just cancelled/postponed altogether (because of the lack of any other real announcements), but I think it happened far too late, after tickets had already been sold and people had made their plans.

Again, I don't wish to try to excuse Blizzard's poor decision or how they handled it. The fanbase deserves better than what they got and I think people would have been a lot less angry if (assuming the above is true) they had just been open about that and explained that they were showcasing a side project and would have more info on what we really want soon.

My point is merely that there's at least a decent chance that this next Diablo title will actually be good and give us something to look forward to. As aggravating as that whole fiasco was, I also remember being in the BfA alpha and beta, having told them (and I was certainly not the only one) it wasn't ready and should be delayed. Despite us asking for the expansion to be set back, it was released on schedule and I'm sure we all know how that was received.

So I take a bit of comfort in the idea that they may actually have delayed a game that wasn't ready just like they used to do. They've made a lot of mistakes in the past few years, but that would be a good first step in rebuilding trust and respect.

I understand you losing your faith in them and respect it, I know they've earned that. I just felt it was worth pointing out that there's a CHANCE that it may ultimately be a good sign, and may end up in the Diablo community finally getting the attention it deserves.

too long didnt read
But you took up space with a paste of the entire post.
Activision Blizzard lost my trust completely with the BlizzCon 2018

You are like the people, who lost faith in the writing of Game of Thrones in the last episode...