Players dead in GR's

General Discussion
I was dumped into 2 public GR's yesterday where the rift was in progress and there was only one player in there, dead and not resurrecting. In one case the progess bar was half complete, in the other it had hardly started. It seemed that the player was AFK. Could have been some emergency I suppose.

Question: when would the game have ended? GR's last until they are finished even after the timer ends, so presumably the game stays like that until the 20 mins (I think) of inactivity by the player.

Another reason to revert to the previous system of finding GR's in public games.
If you are not playing the game it would eventually disconnect you from server.
06/08/2019 06:26 AMPosted by Scourge
Another reason to revert to the previous system of finding GR's in public games.

Be smart Blizzard. Be intelligent. If you think this this system is good. Give player choice:

Match options:
[ ] Enter GR in progress.
[ ] Do not Enter GR in progress.

Give the player the choice. F....
I was dumped into 2 public GR's yesterday where the rift was in progress and there was only one player in there, dead and not resurrecting. In one case the progess bar was half complete, in the other it had hardly started. It seemed that the player was AFK. Could have been some emergency I suppose.

Question: when would the game have ended? GR's last until they are finished even after the timer ends, so presumably the game stays like that until the 20 mins (I think) of inactivity by the player.

Another thing to keep in mind. The players in question could have been at their death timer limit. (IE, they died too many times and now have to wait to res)

For those that don't know, this IS a thing for those not playing in Hardcore. You die too much too fast and the game literally has a timer to clear. I can't remember the specific amount of time but its like 2 or 3 minutes, maybe 5. You get like 4 deaths before it kicks in, and it starts counting down on the very first death, so I know its longer than a min or two, as most of the time you will have gotten close to clearing the first one back out by the time you die too much.

May not make much sense, but that's how it works. I know I had died sometimes 2 or 3 times in succession, but over a long enough period the record of those deaths did eventually clear back out.

Anyway.

TL:DR

Game has a countdown on each time you die, but if you die too fast you end up waiting which can make it look like you are AFK. Another way around it is to res the player, but they may be busy doing something else while waiting on the timer.

Game on.
06/08/2019 10:41 AMPosted by DTMAce

Another thing to keep in mind. The players in question could have been at their death timer limit. (IE, they died too many times and now have to wait to res)

For those that don't know, this IS a thing for those not playing in Hardcore. You die too much too fast and the game literally has a timer to clear. I can't remember the specific amount of time but its like 2 or 3 minutes, maybe 5. You get like 4 deaths before it kicks in, and it starts counting down on the very first death, so I know its longer than a min or two, as most of the time you will have gotten close to clearing the first one back out by the time you die too much.

May not make much sense, but that's how it works. I know I had died sometimes 2 or 3 times in succession, but over a long enough period the record of those deaths did eventually clear back out.

Anyway.

Game has a countdown on each time you die, but if you die too fast you end up waiting which can make it look like you are AFK. Another way around it is to res the player, but they may be busy doing something else while waiting on the timer.

Game on.

Resurrection timer adds 5 seconds with each death and maxes out at 30 seconds. Not sure what you're going on about.
06/08/2019 10:41 AMPosted by DTMAce

Anyway.

Game on.

I thought it was 30secs max?

And I couldn't res the player 'cos I wasn't in the rift....
06/08/2019 06:40 AMPosted by Argos
If you are not playing the game it would eventually disconnect you from server.

That's what I said, but the problem is it can dump you into a game that lasts for 20 mins...
I see worst. In a game all the people leave and the GR stay open and I was not in.
06/08/2019 10:47 AMPosted by FrostyFeet
Resurrection timer adds 5 seconds with each death and maxes out at 30 seconds. Not sure what you're going on about.

Never mind, was thinking about normal rifts.

Forgot about the dumbass open GR games that the game sticks you in now, vs how it was. Which is totally idiotic.