Is this a cheating or bug?

Bug Report
Few days ago I was playing in public game and one of the players was with very high paragon levels. I was curious to see what are his items so I've inspected his profile. He had 2 seasonal characters with over 700 hours played time on each of them. How is that possible. The season started less than 3 weeks ago - that are less than 500 hours in total, and he had 2 characters with near 1500 hours total + a 3rd character with very few hours play time.
if you rebirth a character does it save your hours?
06/05/2019 01:53 PMPosted by prizim

Yes

Also, OP, define “very high paragon”, my 100% legit amigos who play for few weeks every season start are already 2000-2100 para in current season, and they are semi-casuals with job/family/real life.
06/05/2019 02:07 PMPosted by S4v4G3

Yes
its always entertaining to read the "he has 500 hrs played but the season started a month ago meaning he's played 23hrs a day and only slept an hour so he must bot" yet they forget this simple thing. Rebirthing one of your characters only resets the paragon to 0 but not the actual hours played
The paragon doesn't matter. It was just the reason to see his profile and I saw these strange hours. But if rebirth keeps them, it explains what I saw.
There is a way to see how many hours they have played this season. You click view profile, go to seasons. Easy.
The season started on May 17 that 19 days ago. Even if you count to 5pm PST it will be 456 hrs. So he would have had to rebirth them.

Yes

Also, OP, define “very high paragon”, my 100% legit amigos who play for few weeks every season start are already 2000-2100 para in current season, and they are semi-casuals with job/family/real life.

I have casual friends that play like this as most of them are around 1200 - 1400.

I think your 2k paragon arent casual or... Well not so legit. If you average 6 hours or more a day playing, are you casual? I think 8 hours makes it equivalent to a full time job.
06/05/2019 01:51 PMPosted by TheOldKrul
Few days ago I was playing in public game and one of the players was with very high paragon levels. I was curious to see what are his items so I've inspected his profile. He had 2 seasonal characters with over 700 hours played time on each of them. How is that possible. The season started less than 3 weeks ago - that are less than 500 hours in total, and he had 2 characters with near 1500 hours total + a 3rd character with very few hours play time.

You sound like that one guy who would turn someone else in if they saw them cheating on an exam.
When you look at someone else's heroes, if you're seeing a result for play time that's longer than the season's been running then you're probably looking at an individual hero's play time (which includes all the hours spent on them prior to their re-birth) rather than the time spent playing in that season only.

In-game, right-click on another player's name and choose View Profile
Select the Seasons tab on the left
Select the current season, i.e. Season 17
Select the Summary section

This will display a screen showing all the activity in that season and in that season only. There are seven bars, one for each hero class, which when hovered over will show the amount of time spent playing that class in that season only. Totalling the times shown in each of the seven bars will give the figure for the total amount of time played on that account in that season only. That figure is in no way related to whether none, any or all of the heroes were rebirthed or not.

It's not necessarily cheating or botting, it's that you're inspecting the wrong part of their profile.

Yes

LOL 2k at 2 weeks in requires at least 6-8 hours of non stop rats with a dash of meta a day without using a bot. That aint semi casual thats full blown addict. Their families must be missing them.

They are not semi casuals. A semi casual players wouldn't have over 2000 Paragon in only a few weeks of "semi casual" play.

Either your concept of casual is distorted, or they are blowing smoke up your backside and you're accepting it.

A link to their profiles would back up your claim though, correct? I have no problems with saying I am wrong if their total seasonal hours played worked out to a semi casual hour per day breakdown.
LOL 2k at 2 weeks in requires at least 6-8 hours of non stop rats with a dash of meta a day without using a bot. That aint semi casual that's full blown addict. Their families must be missing them.

I'm a casual player and I play 6 to 8 hrs a day. That is more like 12 to 14 hrs a day. They are a lot mindless addicted people that play this game. Those people treat the game like it is life & death.
06/06/2019 08:26 AMPosted by BigRed
I'm a casual player and I play 6 to 8 hrs a day

You are not a casual player. I am a casual player, I play on average 1-2 hours a day (0,0,4,6,2,2,0). 14/7 = 2 hrs average. That's casual.

Let's assume you don't play one day, that's still let's say (6,6,8,0,6,7,7) That's 40 hrs, that's a full time job not 'casual'. 40/7 = 5.7
lol 6-8 hrs a day is casual play ? that's a full time job. Given the extent of the season 2K paragon is no way casual play. I am a casual player and i only have 600 ish paragon.
ITT: people that confuse casual with extremely inefficient
Well, seasonal leaderboards in top spots range from 2200 or so paragon to 3200 or so.

So you can gage what is "casual" or not.
06/06/2019 10:15 AMPosted by PreciousRoy
ITT: people that confuse casual with extremely inefficient

Math would beg to differ.

Learn the definition of what casual means while you're at it.

So does that mean your 1100+ Seasonal Paragon is inefficient since a casual player has 800 more Paragon that you?

Then again, we have someone here that thinks 6-8 hours a gaming a day is casual.
06/06/2019 08:41 AMPosted by MasterJay
You are not a casual player. I am a casual player, I play on average 1-2 hours a day (0,0,4,6,2,2,0). 14/7 = 2 hrs average. That's casual.
I would not reach a determination based on an average number of hours played across an entire week, but based on how frequently someone plays the game throughout one seven-day week. In my opinion, someone who averages five days a week -- irrespective of the length of each game session -- is considered a "regular." Conversely, I consider a "casual" to be someone who plays the game irregularly, and averages less than five days a week. So, you would fall into this category, even if you average more than 2 hours a day.

Naturally, someone who averages 8 hours a day, per week, are not "casual" by any definition of the word. They would be considered "regulars."
06/05/2019 02:33 PMPosted by TrvAix
There is a way to see how many hours they have played this season. You click view profile, go to seasons. Easy.

Totally this, the above is the only way of knowing whether or not a person is botting. Click on profile, then scroll down to seasons. Click on seasons and make sure it is the current season. Then hover over all classes that shows they have been played. Add the total hours played then check with the maximum amount of hours possible, minus any maintenance hours and you will know whether or not they are botting. Rebirthed hours don't show up under the seasons tab. Only the actual amount of hours played shows up.