Is this a cheating or bug?

Bug Report
06/06/2019 11:11 AMPosted by Grumm
06/06/2019 10:15 AMPosted by PreciousRoy
ITT: people that confuse casual with extremely inefficient

Math would beg to differ.

Learn the definition of what casual means while you're at it.

So does that mean your 1100+ Seasonal Paragon is inefficient since a casual player has 800 more Paragon that you?

Then again, we have someone here that thinks 6-8 hours a gaming a day is casual.

Yes my 1100+ paragon is pretty inefficient since a decent amount of my play time is spent being afk.
Well there are also people who are ssf basically or rarely play in groups.

If you aren't grinding speeds with a team, you won't be efficient either.
06/06/2019 08:41 AMPosted by MasterJay
06/06/2019 08:26 AMPosted by BigRed
I'm a casual player and I play 6 to 8 hrs a day

You are not a casual player. I am a casual player, I play on average 1-2 hours a day (0,0,4,6,2,2,0). 14/7 = 2 hrs average. That's casual.

Let's assume you don't play one day, that's still let's say (6,6,8,0,6,7,7) That's 40 hrs, that's a full time job not 'casual'. 40/7 = 5.7

Ok then being retired to you is a full time job. I'm 67 yrs old and to me that is a casual player. I don't push and I only play for fun. I could care less about the paragon and the leaderboard.

I have two accounts been here from day one. On one account I'm at 1683 on paragon and the this one at 1415. If you don't call that casual then i must be one of those addicted players. In 7 yrs I'm only at 1683.

Plus you account vs my account you have almost double in lifetime kills. But i'm not a casual player.
To be fair, if you are retired, being retired is your full time job. Lol.

I basically binge play. I'll play 70 hours a week until I get bored then move somewhere else.

I'm not into pushing anymore like I used to be. So now I just complete builds and entertain myself doing them.

As long as I can split bounty speed at t16, I generally am happy with the class and move onto the next one.

Depending on luck I can be geared with ancients in 50 to 100 hours.

Now I'm mainly nonseason, but the stash space I need makes me play seasons.
06/06/2019 08:26 AMPosted by BigRed
I'm a casual player and I play 6 to 8 hrs a day.

No offense intended, but 6-8 hours a day still doesn't qualify as casual (timewise). That many hours per week (30-40) qualifies as a second job. Being "casual" would be like playing an hour or two a day tops or just some on the weekends.
This will explain it as well, if you need to "see" it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vg_MsxRBsY

I made this a while back when I was sick one day, but it basically shows you how to see the different times and such. Enjoy!
06/06/2019 05:11 PMPosted by Cobaltus
No offense intended, but 6-8 hours a day still doesn't qualify as casual (timewise). That many hours per week (30-40) qualifies as a second job. Being "casual" would be like playing an hour or two a day tops or just some on the weekends.

So when did it become a job when you enjoy playing this game. With the 3 characters I have I have a total of 104 hrs. That is about 5.2 hrs a day. I'm not one of those Mindless people that just races through the game for Keys and DB. To try to be the paragon & leaderboard Kings. I play the game for what it was first made for to kill everything and explore everything.

How many hours do you have on your 2 characters this season. Plus on weekends I do Living history Civil War and WW2. Plus I don't work and how can it be a 2nd job you tell me what my 1st job is???? Blizzard doesn't pay me to play. So by you any body that enjoys playing this more than 2 hrs a day it is a 2nd job!!!!!
06/06/2019 12:28 PMPosted by PreciousRoy
Yes my 1100+ paragon is pretty inefficient since a decent amount of my play time is spent being afk.

So you bot inefficiently then?
06/07/2019 08:45 AMPosted by Grumm
06/06/2019 12:28 PMPosted by PreciousRoy

So you bot inefficiently then?

Lol no the botters are at almost 3k already, I smoke a lot and I go outside to do it.
Just cause you don't know the game well doesn't mean everyone's as bad as you
Paragon really doesn't matter, it's just however much time you've sunk into the meta game and/or high solo GR's, along with general time playing in regular rifts and stuff. It's purely a bonus and honestly does not matter past paragon 800. There is zero use getting upset at all over another player's paragon level.
6-8 hours or 1-2 hours a day is not casual. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with playing that many hours if you chose too and enjoy it.

However I can assure you if you did maths, or drawing, or boxing, or running, or bleedin yoga, crotchet for 1-2 hours every day....you would not be a "casual" at it. But damn bleedin great at it.
06/07/2019 09:59 AMPosted by PreciousRoy
Lol no the botters are at almost 3k already, I smoke a lot and I go outside to do it.Just cause you don't know the game well doesn't mean everyone's as bad as you

Perhaps you should frame your replies better then.

Your saltiness is noted though. I'll be extra gentle on your very thin skin next time.
06/07/2019 08:41 AMPosted by Davey
So when did it become a job when you enjoy playing this game.

You're missing the entire point of that reply or you're choosing to be offended by it for no reason.

Play the game as much as you want. However, people can't say they are a casual player if they play 6-8 hours a day. That is as many hours as a full time job. Understand now?
Plus I don't work and how can it be a 2nd job you tell me what my 1st job is????

I guess your first job is sitting on !@#? How can you even make this statement? Are people suppose to call you up to check your employment status before they make any type of comment about hours played?
So by you any body that enjoys playing this more than 2 hrs a day it is a 2nd job!!!!!

Not at all. It wouldn't even be considered a part time job at less than 15 hours a week.
Davey, the idea here is that 6 to 8 hours of a day is the equivalent time as that as of a full time job.

For people to make a living off of paying games, they generally have to stream double that.

So in the technical sense I understand your issues with the job semantics, but it's a matter of showing relative time vested.
06/05/2019 02:07 PMPosted by S4v4G3
06/05/2019 01:53 PMPosted by prizim
if you rebirth a character does it save your hours?

Yes

Also, OP, define “very high paragon”, my 100% legit amigos who play for few weeks every season start are already 2000-2100 para in current season, and they are semi-casuals with job/family/real life.

you lying
06/07/2019 12:39 PMPosted by Phatty
Davey, the idea here is that 6 to 8 hours of a day is the equivalent time as that as of a full time job.

Yep, that was exactly my point. Have an upvote.

If people want to play D3 6-8 hours/day, that's their choice, but that's not a "casual" amount of time invested for any recreational activity, not just video gaming.
06/05/2019 04:39 PMPosted by MikeTheGamer
You sound like that one guy who would turn someone else in if they saw them cheating on an exam.
A guy or two cheating on an exam will blow the bell curve for everyone else, so yeah. Why should he get an A, while I got a B instead of an A because he blew the bell curve for me?