SC FPS cancelled to work on D4?

General Discussion
https://kotaku.com/sources-blizzard-cancels-starcraft-first-person-shoote-1835285125

Interesting if true. I especially like this part:

"Nobody was laid off as a result of the cancelation, and according to two staff, Blizzard told the team that Ares was getting axed (alongside a second unannounced mobile project) so that the company could move many of them to the upcoming Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2, both of which are expected to be Blizzard’s marquee announcements at this year’s BlizzCon. (Of course, as we saw last year, when it comes to BlizzCon announcements, anything can change.)"

I'll believe it when I see it, but it is nice to see even a tiny hint that maybe, just maybe, Diablo news at Blizzcon will be worth paying attention to for the first time since 2016.
06/06/2019 02:23 PMPosted by BrownieMix
(alongside a second unannounced mobile project)

I think message was clear at least. More they emphasis on mobile trash, more they will take attention from government regulations. That sector simply a playground for data trade to any advertiser or commercial company you can think of.

I'll believe it when I see it

I don't expect D4 this year. Because they got a huge backlash due to a faulty hype. If they try again for an over-hype on a big sequel title like this, there's a possibility that backlash from the past will linger.
If they didn't drop any hints before such announcement as we get near then people will be pissed about missing it. That's a conundrum but a risk they have to take if there's a big announce.

Just watch the quarter reports and their moves; if they start to use "Diablo" word more and "mobile" less, a quality VT goodie for Diablo and floor plans showing a big stage, then you may have hope.
I sure as hell don't expect a D4 release this year but maybe an announcement and maybe a playable demo?
Overwatch 2 already? Why? I'm sure they're still making money on the first one.
06/06/2019 03:51 PMPosted by Flansy
I'm sure they're still making money on the first one

Yes, but their esports scene is bleeding abit. I'd understand if they'd want a fresh start.
Isn't the SC2 map editor advanced enough to include a first person shooter already? I mean the SC2 map editor is already capable of side-scrolling shooters, bejeweled, turn based tactical rpgs, third person mmo-like rpgs, and some racing type things.
"I'll believe it when I see it, but it is nice to see even a tiny hint that maybe, just maybe, Diablo news at Blizzcon will be worth paying attention to for the first time since 2016."

Thank you for the link.
I'll believe it when I see it

Best mindset to have in all honesty.
https://kotaku.com/sources-blizzard-cancels-starcraft-first-person-shoote-1835285125

Interesting if true. I especially like this part:

"Nobody was laid off as a result of the cancelation, and according to two staff, Blizzard told the team that Ares was getting axed (alongside a second unannounced mobile project) so that the company could move many of them to the upcoming Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2, both of which are expected to be Blizzard’s marquee announcements at this year’s BlizzCon. (Of course, as we saw last year, when it comes to BlizzCon announcements, anything can change.)"

I'll believe it when I see it, but it is nice to see even a tiny hint that maybe, just maybe, Diablo news at Blizzcon will be worth paying attention to for the first time since 2016.

Okay, well, first off, this is kotaku.. I mean, the guy's job is to get his articles read.

Second, we have heard absolutely zilch about D4 or Overwatch 2 being "upcoming," so parading them as "expected, marquee" announcements is a big fat steaming pile of BS.

Third.. come on, dude. It's 5 months to Blizzcon. There's actually LESS evidence this year that something big is happening, but here you are hyping it up and then covering your own stuff with "I'll believe it when I see it."

Sit back, shut up, and stop posting about Blizzcon.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
I'm still skeptical until I see what kind of progression there is in the game. On the assumption it's coming out.
We will see a reveal/trailer of D4 at Blizzcon this year. Playable demo would be awesome....even better if it was available to virtual ticket holders in much the same way WoW classic demo was last year.
06/06/2019 03:50 PMPosted by Domiran
I sure as hell don't expect a D4 release this year but maybe an announcement and maybe a playable demo?

Oh my. You don't understand how Blizzard works at all. The only thing we can hope for at this year's blizzcon is an announcement via CGI game trailer and maybe a quick follow up game play trailer. Playable demo? That'll be 2020 Blizzcon. D4 release? 2021-2022.
Honestly y'all think they mustn't have anything this year but I disagree. After the negative press, stock drop, and gamescon cancellation I don't think they can afford to not have a juicy announcement ready. Add this rumor if true into the mix it's clear they went into hyper drive with D4 and overwatch 2 by cancelling a project and moving the devs to existing teams vs starting a new project. That's clear intentions to accelerate projects unless their devs are leaving like flys and they had no choice... Which I guess could be true. !@#$.
Its not Overwatch 2 its a seperate PvE version. Archives was a huge hit, this is the response.

As for Starcraft: Ghost Redux...What is dead may never die.