Diablo 3 Server Status?

General Discussion
Diablo 3 Servers down at 12:57 PM on a Friday?

Why can't Blizzard do server maintenance at like 3 am on a monday instead?

When will the Diablo 3 servers be back up?

I'm guessing the Diablo 3 servers are 100% down right now? If I'm wrong someone please post here, or post in this thread when the servers are back up?
They aren't doing server maintenance. This is simply Blizzard failing to keep their servers online for an always online single player game.

Aww 4 fanboys are butthurt at the truth.
PoE New league launch This second.
@BlizzardCS
1h1 hour ago
More
We apologize once again for the inconvenience caused by today's outages. We're working to resolve this as quickly as possible!

@BlizzardCS
3h3 hours ago
More
We're currently investigating an issue affecting our authentication servers, which may result in failed or slow login attempts.
When betryal was around then GGG was getting ddosed. Something is fishy.
06/07/2019 12:59 PMPosted by Eclosion
They aren't doing server maintenance. This is simply Blizzard failing to keep their servers online for an always online single player game.

Well if they aren't doing server maintenance they really need higher quality people keeping their servers online / better hardware / better oversight of server operation at Blizzard...

...Watch the movie the social network. Mark Zuck talks about how important it is for internet services to have 0% downtime.

I mean I'd be ok with Monday server Maintenance at 3 am but if Blizzard is just letting their servers fall off a cliff... that's different.
06/07/2019 01:00 PMPosted by Doomfire
PoE New league launch This second.

Wait is that why?

Did Blizzard time their downtime of Diablo 3 servers so they can play the new league launch of POE?

Because if so that's hilarious.
06/07/2019 01:04 PMPosted by Conners
Well if they aren't doing server maintenance they really need higher quality people keeping their servers online / better hardware / better oversight of server operation at Blizzard...

There is an issue with the Login/Authentication servers impacting all games. It is not just D3 and certainly not Maintenance.

The have a Global Operations Center that monitors the login services 24 hours a day with an on call team as well. They take having players unable to log into all the games very seriously. Just like Google, YouTube, Twitter, Steam, and any other online service take it seriously when users can't reach it.
06/07/2019 01:09 PMPosted by MissCheetah
06/07/2019 01:04 PMPosted by Conners

There is an issue with the Login/Authentication servers impacting all games. It is not just D3 and certainly not Maintenance.

The have a Global Operations Center that monitors the login services 24 hours a day with an on call team as well. They take having players unable to log into all the games very seriously. Just like Google, YouTube, Twitter, Steam, and any other online service take it seriously when users can't reach it.

Thank you for the update! I honestly do appreciate it!
Just call customer service. Do you not have phones?
After failing my login several times now my account is blocked due the suspicious activity. What should I do now :/ bad service blizzard !!!
06/07/2019 01:30 PMPosted by Alduss
After failing my login several times now my account is blocked due the suspicious activity.

To be fair, wanting to play D3 when there are so many other games out there that actually work is pretty suspicions behavior.
06/07/2019 01:30 PMPosted by Alduss
After failing my login several times now my account is blocked due the suspicious activity. What should I do now :/ bad service blizzard !!!

Stop trying to log in and go do something else. The failed login timeout is usually an hour, but leave it alone longer than that.
This isn't 15 years ago, when you could call about your account being blocked/banned. A lot of services have been optimized to be handled by experienced web CS people, which is why BlizzCS on Twitter is available Monday-Sunday. Not 24/7, but certainly regular hours and emergency situations.

This is speculation, but it looks like the authentication server pitched over. Whether by DDoS or other means (simple failure, old age, etc.), we'll never know. I could ask, though.
I've read before that the telecom companies get attacked fairly often and sometimes there's not much they can do about it.
06/07/2019 01:43 PMPosted by DiabloVern
but it looks like the authentication server pitched over.

Pretty much this.

Whether by DDoS

If it were that simple it would be back by now. Talking to CS they don't see any signs of a DDOS right now.

simple failure, old age, etc.

The Auth servers support ALL the Blizzard games and have been expanded by leaps and bounds to handle all the games they have come out with over the years. They do regular work on them weekly. That is why they were down for an hour on Tues.

They would not have the key login servers that access ALL their games, on antique equipment that they ignored :) That would make no sense!
Wow... so .... this means ... I can go outside and see sunlight???? TAN TIME!!!!
played D2 for years never had any of the prods that WE ALL GET with D3
06/07/2019 01:46 PMPosted by MissCheetah
but it looks like the authentication server pitched over.

Pretty much this.

Whether by DDoS

If it were that simple it would be back by now. Talking to CS they don't see any signs of a DDOS right now.

simple failure, old age, etc.

The Auth servers support ALL the Blizzard games and have been expanded by leaps and bounds to handle all the games they have come out with over the years. They do regular work on them weekly. That is why they were down for an hour on Tues.

They would not have the key login servers that access ALL their games, on antique equipment that they ignored :) That would make no sense!

So they did something on tuesday which screwed it up servers.
So we have to wait for an intern to go to the pet store and buy another hamster to power their old servers.