Server status - must have twitter to get updates?

Technical Support
So, if I don't have twitter, don't want twitter, I can't access the server status info? Seems like an issue created unnecessarily. What was behind the decision to no longer update server status on the website? I can't imagine how simple forum posts for updates were too hard to handle.

It wouldn't even have to be a forum - a simple page on the website with server status updated as changes occur, with notices about expected down times, or known issues. You know, "support"?
06/07/2019 10:41 AMPosted by PoppaFaust
So, if I don't have twitter, don't want twitter, I can't access the server status info? Seems like an issue created unnecessarily. What was behind the decision to no longer update server status on the website? I can't imagine how simple forum posts for updates were too hard to handle.

It wouldn't even have to be a forum - a simple page on the website with server status updated as changes occur, with notices about expected down times, or known issues. You know, "support"?

Totally agree with all your suggestions and am baffled why this does not exist too. I'm sure actiblizz have many excuses and inane explanations of why they do not have this simple status indicator somewhere on there website. I suspect another attempt to pushing users to the mobile platform and away from the main gaming systems for whatever absurd reason.
While I agree, using twitter for an outlet of these means is kind of, well, not to my liking... Twitter is a website, not just an app, it's not uncommon for companies to use external sites to display status pages/updates, as their own websites/services may be affected during an outage.

As mentioned, Twitter is a website, not just an app, it's an external source where they can publish the status of their services. You do not need to be logged in to view their posts on twitter.

With that said, it is on a website, just not their own, you do need to go to another website, but you don't need to login to see the status. https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS
06/07/2019 10:41 AMPosted by PoppaFaust
So, if I don't have twitter, don't want twitter, I can't access the server status info?

You don't need Twitter to view the CS Twitter page. Just go to the website. No account or app needed. If you prefer the information is in the Breaking News on the official game launcher.

Login services for all the Blizzard games are currently impacted. They are working to fix it as fast as they can.
The game given option to go to the server status page also doesn't work.
Not much on Twitter, just that there is an issue with login and they are fixing it as fast as they can. We just have to be patient :(.
Yea be patient to get back onto the game where i get to remake my hardcore wd because my game had to crash in a GR 70 thanks to there !@#$ty servers i cant wait
im gonna cry..i don't wanna be patient..boohoo hoo hoooo
Hmm
"If you prefer the information is in the Breaking News on the official game launcher."
which will only work IF you can authenticate :P

Ans as we cant...................
And I agree, dont have Twitter, dont wnat Twitter, thanks very much
Well... life goes on.

p.s. I don't see any server status info on Twitter for Diablo 3.
I need more hot pockets
06/07/2019 01:02 PMPosted by Impetus
p.s. I don't see any server status info on Twitter for Diablo 3.

Battle.net is the backbone connection for D3 (and every game by Blizzard), if it's down, D3 is down. It's a general common outage, not limited to one game.

Every time you login, create a game, etc, it makes an authorization call to Battle.net in the background. If it can't make the authorization call, it fails and the game errors out, depending on where in the "chain"(/order of operations) of calls it's making, it may cause several different error messages.

Now, if the D3 servers were down and not the Battle.net servers, then it would be limited to just D3, but since Blizzard uses Battle.net as the identity/authorization source, if it goes down, it all falls down ;)
Exactly what labmixz said. Blizzard has Login/Authentication servers that everyone on all their games have to log in through. Once you get through that then you go to the individual game servers. In this case, you can't get past the services that control login so no games are accessible right now.
Well, good news for GGG I guess.
This used to exist. If you try to log in from the D3 client right now, the game will give you a dead link to a server status page that no longer exists.
@ Blizz, Don't you guys have severs?
06/07/2019 02:16 PMPosted by Locnar
@ Blizz, Don't you guys have severs?

I do get tired of the "don't you have phones" responses, but this one made me chuckle. Well done sir.
Wow! Actually got logged in!