Am I dead or safe?

Hardcore
After reading here and elsewhere I decided to try Hardcore Monday, and just finished a GR 50 a few minutes ago and leveled my gem when I got "server disconnected Blizzard servers are not available at this time". My DH shows on my profile page but I am wondering. (error code 1016)
Wait until the server is back and see if he survived. If you just finished a GR you should be good.

Let us know.
My DH is alive! Now I have made a backup DH just in case. I am trying to get 100% Hardcore achievements and I don't want to stop and level another DH if I get killed.
Disconnect issues only effect you if you aren't solo. If you are solo the game ends when you disconnect, otherwise due to other players in the game your toon will stay in the game long enough to yes, die.

So, if you expect to have disconnect issues for various reasons stay solo until they are resolved or you risk it all.
Disconnect issues only effect you if you aren't solo. If you are solo the game ends when you disconnect, otherwise due to other players in the game your toon will stay in the game long enough to yes, die.

I hope that you are correct. It used to be that if you were disconnected, the game would continue on the server for about eight seconds (without you) and your character could be killed.
06/23/2019 01:42 PMPosted by Johnsdad

I hope that you are correct. It used to be that if you were disconnected, the game would continue on the server for about eight seconds (without you) and your character could be killed.

I believe the 8 sec rule still applies. Can someone double check?
06/24/2019 04:47 AMPosted by Argos

I believe the 8 sec rule still applies. Can someone double check?

You can definitely die from a disconnect playing solo, it happened to my first wizard this season.

I believe there's 2 types of issues, one that you're playing and receive a 1016 error straight away, and you will usually survive those.

The other is when you're walking and everything stops responding for some time, this is the one that will kill you, the game might recover and you'll see your toon either dead or alive, or the game might not be able to recover and throw a 1016 error after about 10 to 20 seconds and you'll be thrown to the menu, if there were enemies nearby you will probably be dead.
Then I am glad it was a 1016 error. I am still going to keep a backup just in case I die and its my fault which I guess is inevitable. Made it to 587 so far and just want to see if I can reach 800 in HC.
And it must be pet builds are easier to survive those situations.
I think I had better go with any pet builds until this fault of no pet builds is fixed.
I push with DH on Shadow, and due to the fact that Shadow's defenses are nearly all active, DC means death. Even lag can kill in the right circumstances. On average I lose about 6 toons to lag/DC per season - cost of doing business.

When I first started HC I was pissed about the (10?) second rule on DCs. Another company victimizing honest players to catch cheats... But I've come to appreciate it. There should be no escaping the Reaper when he comes knocking, and as in real life, he's not always fair about who gets reaped and when. You've just gotta remind yourself when it happens that THIS is why I play HC - so that death is a possibility. Go back to SC if you can't hack it, and miss out on the emotional involvement, the epic death/survival stories you accumulate etc. SC just doesn't do it for me anymore. Solitaire is more exciting.