What Type of Seasonal Player Are You?

General Discussion
Streamer. Legit 2k+ paragon, Theory Crafter, Top 50 on Leader Board. Gets paid to play 8-10 hours a day with 24 hour streams on launch night. Have an outstanding, positive, Personality. And no they don't have room in their clan.

Try Hard. Somewhere around 1,300-1500 Para, probably doesn't have a job and lives with parents (I fit into this category lol). On the Leader Board for most of the season, and usually stands in the top 1,000 at the end of the season. Will have 4-5 hour days, and also 16 hour days. It depends on if they got a good group or not. These players have a lot of extra time to look up builds / learn from the theory crafters, watch streamers, and it shows.

Above Average / Core Player. Has a job and / or Family, but they're like a cool family that understands Gaming is this player's passion. Can usually keep up with the Try Hards, because they actually know the value of being efficient. Usually on the Leader Board as well, and not far behind the Try Hard in paragon. Plays after work until bed time / goes hard on the weekends.

Casual. Not too interested in pushing. They'll get around to it some day. Probably in the 750-895 paragon range, and that's fine. They don't play on weekends, because they probably have a social life / or don't take the game too seriously. Probably grew up playing Diablo 2 or WOW and have Rose Tinted Glasses. They often complain about Diablo 3, and will 100% let you know that POE is better / or they are just playing the D3 Season until [insert hype game] comes out in a month.

Noob. Usually clear a GR 70 to unlock Primals then show as offline for 3 months on your friends list. Paragon 675 in season and Paragon 400 in Non Season. Got carried for the majority of the season. Don't know what to salvage and what to keep. Probably doesn't have a meta build, or they are using a meta build for the wrong thing. Usually follow a guide, but don't understand the why of the build - The history of balance patches and why we use that build today. You can find this player running for example, a Manald Heal with Chantodo's weapons on their Archon Wiz. Will most likely ruin a Primal Yang's Recurve by enchanting a primary stat instead of adding +Disc on the secondary.

Scum. Probably 2.2k - 3k Paragon. Never group with the clan. Always talk down to other players. Clocked in more than double the hours than you did at your full time job for three weeks straight. Apparently don't have time to ever sleep / shower / or eat. You see where I'm going with this... lol
None of the above. Cause I don't like social boxes.
None fits really,more like a mix of those but I would say Casual if I have to pick one.

Solo player 99% of the time except for boosting random ppl/the very few 2-3 friends whenever they hop back into the game for a few weeks.

Not exactly interested in LB pushing,maybe I would be more interested with a SSF mode but now even if I push its just for my own goals/curiosity.

Only play the Diablo serie from Blizzard since D2 and no I don't play POE nor care much about it.:P 'Tried it,not my cup of tea'

Not exactly a big complainer either,did my share here and there but in general I'm more or less OK with D3 as it is.

Given how much time I have normally 'not a social person' I could be a 'try hard' if I wanted to but thats not my thing.
I do keep track of the game updates/builds tho and also try out stuff on PTR when its on but that really doesn't take much effort anyway.

After I'm done with whatever goals I had for the given season I leave the game and play single player games mainly till the next season.
Played in every season like this and its enough for me.
Casual. I'm completely burned out on the conquests and set dungeons, so I just complete the first 4 chapters for whatever the reward is.

I'm playing on an alt account this season as I already have the S17 pet on my main account.
I usually get to about 1000 paragon and hit a wall. At that point progression seems to slow way down and I get bored doing the same thing over and over. I've done the leader board thing but I just don't trust going big on it due to obvious botters.
Stash tab and out.
I play to pass the time. I get on when im bored then i get off when i get bored, then repeat.
06/09/2019 01:10 PMPosted by TrvAix
Casual. Not too interested in pushing. They'll get around to it some day. Probably in the 750-895 paragon range, and that's fine. They don't play on weekends, because they probably have a social life / or don't take the game too seriously. Probably grew up playing Diablo 2 or WOW and have Rose Tinted Glasses. They often complain about Diablo 3, and will 100% let you know that POE is better / or they are just playing the D3 Season until [insert hype game] comes out in a month.

Me mostly. I did enjoy the hell out of d2, played WoW bout halfway thru cataclysm, but the rose glasses, not so much. Also, never touched POE.
Streamer. Legit 2k+ paragon, Theory Crafter, Top 50 on Leader Board. Gets paid to play 8-10 hours a day with 24 hour streams on launch night. Have an outstanding, positive, Personality. And no they don't have room in their clan.

Try Hard. Somewhere around 1,300-1500 Para, probably doesn't have a job and lives with parents (I fit into this category lol). On the Leader Board for most of the season, and usually stands in the top 1,000 at the end of the season. Will have 4-5 hour days, and also 16 hour days. It depends on if they got a good group or not. These players have a lot of extra time to look up builds / learn from the theory crafters, watch streamers, and it shows.

Above Average / Core Player. Has a job and / or Family, but they're like a cool family that understands Gaming is this player's passion. Can usually keep up with the Try Hards, because they actually know the value of being efficient. Usually on the Leader Board as well, and not far behind the Try Hard in paragon. Plays after work until bed time / goes hard on the weekends.

Noob. Usually clear a GR 70 to unlock Primals then show as offline for 3 months on your friends list. Paragon 675 in season and Paragon 400 in Non Season. Got carried for the majority of the season. Don't know what to salvage and what to keep. Probably doesn't have a meta build, or they are using a meta build for the wrong thing. Usually follow a guide, but don't understand the why of the build - The history of balance patches and why we use that build today. You can find this player running for example, a Manald Heal with Chantodo's weapons on their Archon Wiz. Will most likely ruin a Primal Yang's Recurve by enchanting a primary stat instead of adding +Disc on the secondary.

Scum. Probably 2.2k - 3k Paragon. Never group with the clan. Always talk down to other players. Clocked in more than double the hours than you did at your full time job for three weeks straight. Apparently don't have time to ever sleep / shower / or eat. You see where I'm going with this... lol
this was just get my stash tab and wings then dabble here and there.
What type of seasonal player am I?

The type that plays solo. The type that doesn't meta. The type that plays at my leisure rather than to a schedule. The type that places enjoyment over efficiency.

So..nothing on your list.
i think i fit between core player and try hard, depends how much seasonal build changes or seasonal theme keeps me interested.

Most of users who achieve above 2.2k Paragon at this moment are botters.
Absent.

Just finished what I could in PoE's Synthesis league (started too late to get anywhere good) and will be doing their Legion league when it starts. If I'm going to be any type of seasonal player, I prefer a company that's up front with me, doesn't make me jump through hoops to get basic needs, and at least tries to listen rather than just say they're listening.

As to the stereotypes you posted though, I don't fit into them. I don't even really acknowledge their existence, because the players around me? They aren't stereotypes. They're people. I enjoy what I like, they enjoy what they like. I don't get mad at them if they don't like the same things I do and I don't box them in and call them names to fit my view of "how things should be".

I am simply what I want to be, when I want to be it. I would hope you'd be the same, because otherwise you're not being true to yourself.
Stash tab, wings, Para 795 and done.

I enjoy seasons as every 3 months or so me and my old vanilla wow friend get to catch up for 2-3 weeks. Once we've both finished our journey we part ways again.

Sometimes I wish the journey was longer but I guess I could always hunt achievements..... lol.

Bring on S18
I like how none of these have any positive attributes lol xD the setup is obvious, but OP doesn't care cuz that's the point. Nice write.
Stash tab, and whatever other bonus there might be....like wings, if I like them, and then I'm done. I'm tired of set dungeons, bounties....and the same ol same ol.
Is this thread just a long-winded way of essentially expressing this old chestnut...
    People that play less than me / have worse gear than me are noobs
    People that play more than me / have better gear than me are no-lifers

I got my Guardian wings less than a week after the season started but I also haven't logged into game for a couple of weeks due to playing something else. My seasonal hero is under 800 paragon. I'm not sure if that makes me a filthy casual or not by this point of the season.
I switched to console. It's a much better experience.
I only play seasons for the rewards that I want and can reach. This time what I want (stash tab and wings) are completely out of reach for me, so not playing.
Stash Tab
After that it's a waste of time to proceed.