What Type of Seasonal Player Are You?

General Discussion
between casual and core
06/14/2019 05:44 AMPosted by MOE
Maybe you should've categorised it like this.

Professional Gamers: People who earn money playing games.

Competitive players: Players who put in all their spare time, because they like competing and the sense of achievement.

Semi casual: Competitive players who don't have too much time.

Casual: People who just play for fun and don't find high difficulty content fun.

Bots.....

I love this post! It's more simple, yet makes more sense than my OP. Nice one bud!
Noob or lower. Once again I'm stuck at Slayer, unable to complete and/or master a set dungeon for demon hunter, and haven't been able to complete any conquests either. Currently am at paragon 250-ish with not many hours played and have been playing solo for a long time now.

I just don't get how anyone can advance when playing solo, this really is a group game. But that's part of what makes me a noob and that's fine. I bought the necro pack just to get the stash tab.

The only other time I got a stash tab was season 15 and that was with help from others. I do want to get a tab from only playing solo, that's really the only reason I play now is the endless pursuit of the ever elusive stash tab. At least for me it is.

Anyway, it's just a game that I still enjoy playing on occasion.
06/15/2019 06:31 PMPosted by Jaris
I just don't get how anyone can advance when playing solo, this really is a group game. But that's part of what makes me a noob and that's fine.

It's not that hard, I have a level 70 of each character, soon will have another as I just started with the necro. Haven't played D3 in about 3-4 years and returned a few weeks ago.

I'm retired and play about 3-5 hours per day, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more.

Once they get to 70, that's about it. I just can't run rifts over and over and over again. I used to grind without problems over a decade ago in WoW (75 hours a week in WoW on top of a standard weekly job). Now, can't do it anymore.

Question: Is it worth it to take a level 70 who killed what's his name in the end, and restart the game with that character, and increase the level to hard or a little higher. Do you get better drops depending on that higher setting?

If not, I guess when I'm done with the necro that's it for another 3-4 years lol.

Oh, grats to the high level para players. I'm happily going along with para 124 lol.

Good luck to you all.

06/09/2019 02:47 PMPosted by Stug
Casual. I'm completely burned out on the conquests and set dungeons, so I just complete the first 4 chapters for whatever the reward is.

I'm playing on an alt account this season as I already have the S17 pet on my main account.

I'm the same way playing my 2nd account and yes have the pet on the other account too. But I did the season journey to get the wings.

Plus I tried to say I was just a casual player on another thread and got slam for saying it. I average about 5 hrs a day and they said that I was doing a 2nd job.

I'm retired and play just for fun to see what I get and help people when I can. I'm not on any leaderboards and most of the time I just get about 1000 paragon for a whole season.
I joined random groups and just made some in game friends for about 2 1/2 weeks. Got boosted to 70 then did a bunch of group stuff with complete randoms.

Was speed running 70s - 90s and incidentally finished most of the seasonal stuff along the way. Managed to finish the whole season journey for the first time.

I've come back to D3 after a 2 year lay off, and the break feels good. I've now stopped playing, and may do the same for next season. Feels good boosting up a new character to get them fully kitted out with decent stuff, but now the grind has set in, and I don't have the patience for that.
Pretty fukked up OP. Categorise yourself and no one else, please. You are a low-life? Nice to know.
Quitter. Does the bare minimum to get the pet. Looks at the season journey requirements and gives them the finger. Goes back to doing what they want instead of playing Blizzards seasons crap.
Not in the list :-

Greedy -- Global play and get free Stash Tabs from all 3 servers :-)
Question: Is it worth it to take a level 70 who killed what's his name in the end, and restart the game with that character, and increase the level to hard or a little higher. Do you get better drops depending on that higher setting?

It sounds like you play campaign mode, Diablo 3 Difficulty Overview
http://d3resource.com/difficulties/ is what I use as a reference on drop rates. But to answer your question directly, increased Legendary drop % doesn't start until your in Torment 1.

Leveling a toon from 1-70 in the torment levels is a little rough unless you get some legendary gems, my favorite leveling gems is the 10,000 life per second, change 35% damage to tick over time, and not to choosey on the third (thorns?). All those can be level 1, Have a lvl 70 weapon with gem of ease needing to be at least level 25. Also, hellfire amulet and ring give you a socket at level 1, so you can have the 2 gem combo.
I play for fun, not sure where that puts me on your list, I don't see fun mentioned anywhere in it actually.
06/18/2019 08:47 PMPosted by SuperCuddles
I play for fun, not sure where that puts me on your list, I don't see fun mentioned anywhere in it actually.

You and me both for fun. I enjoy helping people out no matter who they are!!! This game lost it's fun to most people after the ROS. All Blizzard did was turn the game into a contest to be the Leaderboard King.

All the game is in all public games is just a Big Free For All. You do get in a game once in awhile that people do work together. But about 90% of the time it is I'm here for myself and screw the other people. But people will have to live with it.