Passive Q's for chant/vyr

Wizard
So I somehow screwed up my passives in the stored builds section when i was saving through some of my prior builds with an upgraded part. I know the obvious with audacity, evocation, and unstable anomaly... I think I have been running unwavering will instead of cold blooded for a bit now. Is there a preference to one of these over the other? I am normally running with a zmonk if that makes a diff.

Here's my current build and I swap bracers depending on the need of the group between nems, strongarm, or ash..
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Squishor-1665/hero/111299779
I would go Cold Blooded with a Zmonk, Galvanizing Ward for solo.
Thanks!
Cold Blooded has high uptime and can proc while moving, with the only condition being that you hit enemies with cold, which is basically always if you run cold Chantodos. In addition Cold Blooded affects all dmg sources including other party members. In groups with multiple Vyr Chantodos wizards, one wizard should definitely run Cold Blooded.

Unwavering Will requires that you stand still for 1.5 seconds before it activates, and it drops immediately when you move. UW can still have competitive uptime if you don't move a lot, which is actually important for Vyrs builds. Excess time spent moving and repositioning means fewer archon stacks. Vyrs rewards a more stationary playstyle, and UW will be active if you hang out in oculus circles. In addition, it has decent defensive bonuses which may help.

Both Cold Blooded and UW are 10% additive dps bonuses in a bucket that includes things like Time Warp and Strongarms. Also consider the Elemental Exposure passive, especially for group play, since its actually a separate multiplier. Elemental damage type on weapon counts for EE, so if you have a non-cold Chantodos wand, you'll be getting permanent 10% multiplier.

I personally don't quite see the case for Galvanizing Ward, although I see a lot of Vyr wizards run it. I understand its synergy with Ashnagar, but its condition of only being active after not taking damage suggests that its uptime would be nil except when transitioning floors. Maybe to prevent a 1-shot if you already proc'd Unstable Anomaly? TBH I never tried it because it just didn't make sense to me.
Thanks for the reply. I think I had it saved from an old build prior to getting significant gear upgrades and it was helping me survive while standing still.
06/20/2019 02:22 PMPosted by mcdundee
I personally don't quite see the case for Galvanizing Ward, although I see a lot of Vyr wizards run it. I understand its synergy with Ashnagar, but its condition of only being active after not taking damage suggests that its uptime would be nil except when transitioning floors.

With Magic Weapon Deflection, Galvanizing Ward's huge shield acts as a huge buffer that prevents you from taking any damage while in Archon form.

If you play carefully it will never drop.
06/20/2019 09:25 PMPosted by HunterKiller
With Magic Weapon Deflection, Galvanizing Ward's huge shield acts as a huge buffer that prevents you from taking any damage while in Archon form.

If you play carefully it will never drop.

Ok thanks, I always assumed that passive had horrible uptime but that makes sense, I was confusing "taking damage" with simply "getting hit." In that case it seems good, I'll try it.
Elemental damage type on weapon counts for EE, so if you have a non-cold Chantodos wand, you'll be getting permanent 10% multiplier.
... as long as it is fire, arcane or lightning. Physical, poison or Holy element don't work with EE.
06/21/2019 12:37 AMPosted by Lexa
Elemental damage type on weapon counts for EE, so if you have a non-cold Chantodos wand, you'll be getting permanent 10% multiplier.
... as long as it is fire, arcane or lightning. Physical, poison or Holy element don't work with EE.

True. And unfortunately Chantodos seems to roll non-wiz elements quite frequently. Many of my friends are currently stuck with poison or holy dmg on their Chantodos wand.
06/21/2019 10:25 AMPosted by mcdundee
Many of my friends are currently stuck with poison or holy dmg on their Chantodos wand.

I got a primal one with Holy. I was pretty bummed.