Opened a ticket with no resolution. Please assist.

Technical Support
Please bare with me, this is a long frustrating post. A few years ago I got the Microstutter issue and pretty much lived with it until I saw my Cousin playing on an older rig with straight up flawless FPS. I thought it was weird but I was planning on upgrading my machine anyway. So, I upgraded to the following

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (After market water cooler)
Gigabyte AB350 - Gaming
GSkill DDR4 - 3200 16g
Radeon RX 560 (This has been upgraded since the initial upgrade, I don't remember what I had at that time)
Game is on a Kingston SSD 240g
650 Corsair PSU

After that, same thing....still Microstuttering. So I dealth with it until this patch and now not only am I getting the Microstutter, I'm getting random FPR drops from 60 to 20 and I lose audio for the moment as well. I've tried EVERYthing I've found on the boards. Delete D3prefs, run in this mode or this mode. Xbox stuff is off. Running a custom power option I made specifically for "high performance" I've turned down/off all settings in options and it literally has ZERO effect on it. Yes, that includes disabling audio altogether. I just recently uninstalled the game and blew out all instances of it in the registry just in case with no change. The only thing I've yet to do is reinstall OS and I don't think that needs to be necessary.

I opened a ticket and went through everything with them, I sent DXDiag, HW Monitor, WinMT, MSInfo and even scheduled a call in which I let the dude hop on my machine and he spent 2-3 hours trying this and that and basically told me "sorry, ask on the forums...everything looks fine here" Someone please help me. I'd love to get back in to this season and enjoy it.

Many Thanks,
Saba
Howdy!

Can you download and run HWmonitor. The goal is to run this application in the background while you play. Play till the point you start to see the FPS drop and especially the audio start to go out. Then exit the game, take a screenshot of HWmonitor showing all the data. This make take 2-3 screenshots. You can take a screenshot of the application by pressing (Windows key + Q) type in: Snipping Tool -> Hit the Enter key -> New -> Select the area to screenshot -> Save As -> Scroll down in HWmonitor and do it again till all the data is screenshotted.

Upload to a site like Imgur.com -> Link back here for review!

Thank you!
06/11/2019 05:55 PMPosted by Zuvykree
You can take a screenshot of the application by pressing (Windows key + Q) type in: Snipping Tool
Note: Windows 10 no longer uses the "Snipping Tool".

You want to use "Snip & Sketch" instead.
06/11/2019 05:55 PMPosted by Zuvykree
Howdy!

Can you download and run [url="https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html"]HWmonitor[/url]. The goal is to run this application in the background while you play. Play till the point you start to see the FPS drop and especially the audio start to go out. Then exit the game, take a screenshot of HWmonitor showing all the data. This make take 2-3 screenshots. You can take a screenshot of the application by pressing (Windows key + Q) type in: Snipping Tool -> Hit the Enter key -> New -> Select the area to screenshot -> Save As -> Scroll down in HWmonitor and do it again till all the data is screenshotted.

Upload to a site like Imgur.com -> Link back here for review!

Thank you!

I've already done that (As noted in my post above) and sent it in when I entered in the initial ticket. Then, the agent who contacted me ran it while he was connected to my machine. I don't see what doing it again will do.

But here you go. Maybe you will find something the other guy didn't
https://imgur.com/a/J5bM4Sv
ElSaba,

The image you linked is from a WinMTR tool that tracks the connection path to the servers. Are you able to run the HWmonitor tool that Zuvykree mentioned as well? That will give us a look at the temps and speeds your system is running at. You may need to take multiple snips as you scroll down in HWmonitor to get the whole tool display.

The MTR you ran is interesting as well. This tool is designed to run over 10-15 minutes so your short run isn't very concrete. But we do see some possibility of data loss or latency spikes along the connection path. You may want to run that test again over a longer period while the issues are happening in game and gather the results again with a larger pool of data.
06/12/2019 10:37 AMPosted by Jurannok
ElSaba,

The image you linked is from a WinMTR tool that tracks the connection path to the servers. Are you able to run the [url="https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html"]HWmonitor [/url]tool that Zuvykree mentioned as well? That will give us a look at the temps and speeds your system is running at. You may need to take multiple snips as you scroll down in [url="https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html"]HWmonitor [/url]to get the whole tool display.

The MTR you ran is interesting as well. This tool is designed to run over 10-15 minutes so your short run isn't very concrete. But we do see some possibility of data loss or latency spikes along the connection path. You may want to run that test again over a longer period while the issues are happening in game and gather the results again with a larger pool of data.

I derp'd that, my bad. Here you go:

https://imgur.com/a/ssQLk2W
06/12/2019 10:37 AMPosted by Jurannok

Here is the latest MTR I ran for about 15m. The issue happened constantly and often. what is the world is dropping all those packets and is that what you were concerned with causing the issue?

https://imgur.com/a/NplCoZE
Still waiting
and still...
The amount of "support" on this "support" forum is amazing. I'm so glad my problem got resolved. /S
06/16/2019 08:37 AMPosted by ElSaba
The amount of "support" on this "support" forum is amazing. I'm so glad my problem got resolved. /S
Forum is mainly for players helping each other.

Supports may come here but they are not 24x7 here. They don't work in week end.
Sorry for the delay. As Maskraider mentioned, the forums aren't specifically here to get official support. Part of it is getting input from the community. We aren't always scheduled to work the forums and so there will sometimes be a lull in activity from us.

With that said, the packet loss that was previously mentioned is also showing up in the new WinMTR test that was provided and looks to occur on one of Spectrum's hops which could explain the stuttering that you had mentioned. I'm guessing the Cousin that you had mentioned isn't on the same network is he? And that the new computer is on the same network as the old computer where you were also having the same issue correct?

If that's the case then what I would like to try is testing a different network altogether. If you have a phone and data plan that supports it, we can try setting up a USB tether or mobile hotspot to see if that helps. Doing so will allow the connection to take a different route to the servers and will also allow us to bypass the router\modem.
He is not on the same network no, but I have a roommate who plays that doesn't seem to have the same issue but his rig is older and has its own issues so it's hard to tell if his is the same as mine. I'll try to bring my machine to another network and try that.