New idea for unused "insta junked" orange items

General Discussion
This game has become to boring to play as each season revolves around meta sets and small buffs to individual items to compliment sets is the wrong way to go about making each season fresh with a few little changes alot of fun builds could becopme viable.
what this change i am bringing to the table is as new rule (not season buff) introduced into diablo 3 to give it more variety and freshness.
The scale of which can be tailored but this is just an example.

Since normal orange items are so sub par usually insta junked and will never really receive any real love (like Internal Cooldown changes) this will blanket buff all items that are not sets kinda.
Aslong as you are not wearing ANY set items this includes :- 6 piece sets, LoN, Krelms and all crafted sets asherea born aughilds captains sage etc and of course 2 piece weapons.
Then any orange leg(ancients and primals too) item u have equipped can have double stat rolls for instance if its 500 for a max roll it becomes 1000, in the case of weapons not a double damage roll (Damage % yes 10>20) but everything else with damage rolls (like rings offhands necklaces) yes it is doubled (to make it a desirable stat maybe).
In the case of sockets any equipment with a socket also gets 1 extra where available so thats 2 socs for rings necky helm and weapon and 4 socs for armor and 3 socs for pants but the max leg gems is limited so that you what you can equip is still 5 1 in each ring and 1 in necky 1 in weapon and 1 in helm. (for fairness but i guess u could equip more might be fun)

to stop bugs u wont be able to equip anything that has an extra gem equipped unless u are wearing no sets and u cannot equip a set until the extra gem items are removed!
for clarity u don't roll an extra socket u roll a socket like normal on a item(in case of a weapon ramalandis gift) but when u have no sets equipped it doubles just like the stats so u can put in an extra gem!
How about allowing items to be powered up in the cube with like items? So you put an item to be powered up in the cube, then the same item (either regular or ancient) and you lose the additional item, but it adds a point or two to a stat?

Regular items can power up your stats to perfect stats, ancient items can power them up past the max? At least then you are rewarding those that are playing endless hours.

Or do you think that will just lead to way overpowered stuff? Maybe just allow one or two stats to be powered up? I dunno, just running it up the flagpole and seeing if anyone salutes.
06/19/2019 09:28 AMPosted by Jammur
How about allowing items to be powered up in the cube with like items? So you put an item to be powered up in the cube, then the same item (either regular or ancient) and you lose the additional item, but it adds a point or two to a stat?

Regular items can power up your stats to perfect stats, ancient items can power them up past the max? At least then you are rewarding those that are playing endless hours.

Or do you think that will just lead to way overpowered stuff? Maybe just allow one or two stats to be powered up? I dunno, just running it up the flagpole and seeing if anyone salutes.

TBH that's not the right way its slow since u could power up items that compliment sets as well to easily making sets even more godly, sub par orange legs need a blanket buff to make them comparable and viable because they are insta junked, imagine making arcstone a viable ring where 4 players have one equipped with a fulminator and sparks of electricity are going everywhere or frostburn gloves rimeheart and iceblink gem etc etc you cannot do this atm and make it viable because these are the type of items that suck atleast with my method it give them all a fair playing field!
I don't believe power creep will be the answer. Bad stats are still bad stats, because the game was designed to have certain stats be flat out superior to many others. Between that and the fact that only certain skills have legendary bonuses, you'll end up with gear that is just bad, no matter what rolls it has. Power creep can't fix something that broken.

I think more work would be required to effectively 'fix' the game, but I doubt Blizzard would put those kind of resources into this game now, considering they haven't done much to fix these exact same issues over the last several years.
06/19/2019 09:33 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
I don't believe power creep will be the answer. Bad stats are still bad stats, because the game was designed to have certain stats be flat out superior to many others. Between that and the fact that only certain skills have legendary bonuses, you'll end up with gear that is just bad, no matter what rolls it has. Power creep can't fix something that broken.

I think more work would be required to effectively 'fix' the game, but I doubt Blizzard would put those kind of resources into this game now, considering they haven't done much to fix these exact same issues over the last several years.

the problem with power creep is that the sets are already in the realm of gods and orange legs cannot really compete so everyone every season chooses sets even LoN, but with this method i propose would bring up the orange item to a standard to where more variety is the key because of leg powers (the orange flavor text) comes more into play.... like i said since D3 staff have no interest in messing with internal cooldowns of orange items or buffing power that DONT compliment sets this method would bring them up to par in terms of power so they can be used at endgame! and add alot of NEW ways to play chars
Not really. Many legendary items would still go unused because the 6pc bonuses are just flat-out better. Double the size of the stats on the legendary gear (so long as you're not wearing a set, as you suggested) would still not help those pieces match a set damage bonus. The difference would still be vast.

A polished turd is still a turd, no matter how shiny you try to make it. It's obvious they couldn't think of a way to fix it without using their precious sets because they had to make a set to be used by non-set builds to try to band-aid fix a chainsaw wound.
06/19/2019 09:47 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
Not really. Many legendary items would still go unused because the 6pc bonuses are just flat-out better. Double the size of the stats on the legendary gear (so long as you're not wearing a set, as you suggested) would still not help those pieces match a set damage bonus. The difference would still be vast.

A polished turd is still a turd, no matter how shiny you try to make it. It's obvious they couldn't think of a way to fix it without using their precious sets because they had to make a set to be used by non-set builds to try to band-aid fix a chainsaw wound.
that would depend on the scale of stats in my example i said 2 x but you could easily 5 x amount of stats gained just as well i said that that could be changed for balance reason so if it under preforms it could be tuned higher.

I'm not saying im right or wrong here and likewise for yourself but if D3 team doesnt try to do anything about it they would never know if it could change and neither would we!(this is why PTR exists if it doesnt work it doesnt goto main game)

The major underlying problem with D3(and future diablo titles and this is important) now is variety, if they go with the same mindset into D4 i will probs not end up playing it.
06/19/2019 09:58 AMPosted by Spriggen
The major underlying problem with D3(and future diablo titles and this is important) now is variety, if they go with the same mindset into D4 i will probs not end up playing it.

You are slightly missing the point being made about how dumb D3 actually is in this regard...

Right now "sets are king" as you explain...and you would like to see under-powered orange items boosted way up to compete with this strong "set type" of item.

The problem is once you make new items powerful, the sets that were previously powerful become trash.

If you very finely tuned the selection of item types so that they did not overpower each other, then that's still not great, because they the players have no reason to really care about how they assemble the items on their character because what ever they do the outcome is the same....

And this showcases that the D3 devs do not understand what the hell they are even doing. Players are SUPPOSED to care DEEPLY, and the way D3 is built from the ground up that deep care is PREVENTED.

Because items are either totally desirable --or-- straight up trash-----or------ balanced to be all the same...

if they tune items to be balanced all the same, then items entirely no longer matter, because everyone just equips things that are now all the same, because they no longer have to think or choose.

The way D3 is built it is nothing but a losing battle. this is why blizzards other games are a success....

there is no best class in wow, no best card in hearthstone, no best overwatch class, or unit in starcraft....in Diablo the best stats or items are DREADFULLY easy to comprehend, and due to that, the game sucks.

Will D4 correct the behaviour of inept developers? I doubt it....they are slapping together a phone game first.....so.... I'll believe it once I see it....
The thing is. the game is currently with the classic games team (basically meaning maintenance mode). Sweeping balance changes are just NOT going to happen. The game is just too old. Sure we are seeing some changes but the needed change to all Legendaries just isn't going to happen due to how much actually needs to be done. The best they are doing is to at least tune the sets to be close since that is not as much coding and testing and is much easier to change.

A blanket buff just isn't going to fix things either. We already have the LON set that helps legendary builds out especially with the recent buff to LON bonus.