New legendary gem Idea

General Discussion
New legendary gem idea.... What's your feedback?? Gem adds 5% magic find per level with a max level of 100. 5% or whatever percentage would be appropriate to make this concept useful. At level 50 the secondary property: You have a 5% chance to spawn a random goblin when attacking.... This gem can have a percentage chance drop from the/a special goblin in an ancient or primal vault.
Magic find is worthless, so that’s a bad idea.

You get a much greater boost simply by turning up difficulty than you would with that gem.
Magic find sounds okay, goblin spawning isn't. What value does a Puzzle Ring or a Bandit Shrine have then? You can not balance such feature of spawning a treasure gob on random occurance.
The question is on T16 with 100% more MF from a gem. Full party Max difficulty and 100% increased magic find. Your difficulty increase boost is pretty obvious.... This is something beyond max torment and party bonus... I guess the question is, does it need to be a higher magic find percentage for it to actually be worth something? Given the decreased percentage maybe 5% per level?

Two to three weeks into the season goblins, in my option, are more fun than valuable. At this time frame puzzle rings provide the same fun factor without any real "value". You can't get rainbow goblins in a vault. You cant open cows in a vault. You can't open a vault in a vault.... You don't go into a vault three weeks into a season thinking there is some value in it. Outside of season play, vaults and goblin shrines are completely worthless. They're fun, but whats the value?
Magic find is a completely worthless stat if you know the mechanic's behind it. The "Magic Find" value listed only applies to the Magic Rarity of items (blues). Rares, Legendaries, Sets are all modified by a much lower value from MF. Blizz provided example values a long time ago back when MF was being removed as a stat.
OP, magic find was gutted. It now works only at 1/10 of the value for legendaries.
(100% becomes 10% at level 70 If I'm not mistaken).

I personally maybe would like such a gem, but they would need to return MF to former mechanics, which I doubt they will ever do.

Or make very big numbers like 20% per gem level or something. Hence at level 50 gem you would have 1000% increase to MF which would result in 100% for legendaries (if again, I'm not mistaken).
Personally, I'd like to see a legendary gem that interacts with fire skills, or as fire damage%. I know they never implemented one like that originally because they felt fire as an element was the strongest and didn't need any legendary gem, but times have changed a lot since Season 1. Why is every element represented on legendary gems except fire? It's not far and away the strongest element anymore, you can implement a fire gem now, it'll be okay, everyone will continue to use the top 3-4 gems currently anyway (unless it's a really really good gem). So just do it! Please :)
06/20/2019 08:02 PMPosted by SuperCuddles
Personally, I'd like to see a legendary gem that interacts with fire skills, or as fire damage%. I know they never implemented one like that originally because they felt fire as an element was the strongest and didn't need any legendary gem, but times have changed a lot since Season 1. Why is every element represented on legendary gems except fire? It's not far and away the strongest element anymore, you can implement a fire gem now, it'll be okay, everyone will continue to use the top 3-4 gems currently anyway (unless it's a really really good gem). So just do it! Please :)
With the way damage only matters when it comes skills, none of the element gems have much use. Iceblink, Wreath of Lightning, Miranie, etc.
06/21/2019 04:18 PMPosted by Negator
With the way damage only matters when it comes skills, none of the element gems have much use. Iceblink, Wreath of Lightning, Miranie, etc.

Yeah, all of the gems save for 3-4 of them don't have much use, but they do still have a use, no matter how niche. And all elements are represented...except fire. That's all

BTW, Iceblink can see group or zdps play/support, all cold skills slowing, slowing for extra, and increasing crit chance 10% is not to be scoffed at. Wreath is often used in speed farming builds, and Mirinae also has some niche use particularly with crusader or monk (if they can fit it). Pain Enhancer is the most widely used one, and Gem of Toxin is similar to Iceblink/Pain Enhancer as well, sees use as zdps or in an Inarius speed/lazy build. So all of these gems do have uses, they just aren't the top 3-4 gems that everyone uses for GR push.
06/21/2019 06:58 PMPosted by SuperCuddles
And all elements are represented...except fire

Red Soul Shard?

06/21/2019 04:18 PMPosted by Negator
With the way damage only matters when it comes skills, none of the element gems have much use.

They don't have much use because Sets that shapen the endgame are pretty strict and limited at their damage bonuses. As a result such elemental based legendary gems only useful at zdps specs or speedfarmer specs that use overall damage boosting Sets.