Season 18 - Season of No Bots.

General Discussion
Create anti-cheat cloud system.

The players while on game it has to run and let running cloud anti-cheat system. If you close it the game close. This way the player could not MANAGE/hack the anti-cheat files. This system uses all anti cheat files on the cloud server.

It's same mechanism than characters save but focused on anti cheat files integrity.
While Blizzard should certainly be doing more about botting, this is an absolutely stupid idea for a Seasonal theme.
So players who don't Bot, get what exactly?

If the theme is anti cheat detection and I don't cheat, remind me again why I should play Season 18?

I play Seasons for the cosmetics and exclusive perks. I mainly play one class, so I don't chase stash tabs either.

This idea would see me not playing Season 18.
06/15/2019 08:57 AMPosted by Grumm

Exactly.

No more empty seasons, content > this unfortunately, way it goes. If they went ahead with focusing on this anti bot method but then just gave us double gobs for a season or two that would be a season or two I do not play and would just be happy for the game's legit health.
Another day, another stupid idea from drunken pardal.
Do you ever post anything that makes sense?

They get no bot enviroment gameplay and no bot on rank and much less powercreep from season theme. It's a great addition. And you get less power creep. LoN season give enough power creep. So you guys complain about the idea to socket off hand saying it's power creep but the same guys wanna power creep content. So controversy.

Players complain about power creep but these same do not abandon the power creep season theme bone.
06/15/2019 09:42 AMPosted by PardalBR

They get no bot enviroment gameplay and no bot on rank and much less powercreep from season theme. It's a great addition. And you get less power creep. LoN season give enough power creep. So you guys complain about the idea to socket off hand saying it's power creep but the same guys wanna power creep content. So controversy.

Okay, but.. even assuming the devs could do this, why in the hells would they limit a botting solution to Seasons only?

Players complain about power creep but these same do not abandon the power creep season theme bone.

Just because someone is against your stupid idea that doesn't power creep Seasons doesn't mean they're against every idea that doesn't power creep.
06/15/2019 10:17 AMPosted by Orrion
Okay, but.. even assuming the devs could do this, why in the hells would they limit a botting solution to Seasons only?

Because non seasons are lost. And they would not reset non season paragon. So it should work on season only.
06/15/2019 12:07 PMPosted by PardalBR
Because non seasons are lost. And they would not reset non season paragon. So it should work on season only.

So you want to tell every Non Seasonal player to go pound sand? Why should a measure to reduce cheating be restricted to one game mode?

All this would accomplish, is nothing. Will Seasons 19,20,21 and so forth be the same thing since bots and cheaters will be back every season too?
06/15/2019 09:42 AMPosted by PardalBR

Because that is how they chose to code the game. Power creep every new season, is an inevitability. It is the only way they gave us to advance in this game.

We are using the same set we used to clear GR30 that we use to clear GR150 today. Power creep is the only reason we rose through the levels. Players got a false sense of advancement while feeling like they accomplished something more than a better rolled chest piece this time around.

Raw damage replaced skill a long time ago in this game.

Power creep in deeply imbedded in D3. I may not like it, but if I want to play, I have to tolerate it.
06/15/2019 08:38 AMPosted by PardalBR
Create anti-cheat cloud system.

The players while on game it has to run and let running cloud anti-cheat system. If you close it the game close. This way the player could not MANAGE/hack the anti-cheat files. This system uses all anti cheat files on the cloud server.

It's same mechanism than characters save but focused on anti cheat files integrity.

God you make a lot of useless posts.
06/15/2019 10:17 AMPosted by Orrion

Non Seasonal players don’t feel that way.

Further, Seasonal themes aren’t permanent.. so we’d be free of bots for 1 season? Ludicrous. Just stop, okay?
Great idea. Once again more worried about the bots vs some kind of option in build versatility in d3 and some kind of balance. Bots have you guys so blind over everything else it’s insane.

They don’t affect you. And no you still won’t make top 100 on the leaderboards
06/15/2019 02:44 PMPosted by Dmoney
Great idea. Once again more worried about the bots vs some kind of option in build versatility in d3 and some kind of balance. Bots have you guys so blind over everything else it’s insane.

They don’t affect you. And no you still won’t make top 100 on the leaderboards

Bots affect everyone. Players are less likely to play games that are infested by cheating, or stick around. This means less people for me to play with in a game that has very good cooperative play.
They don’t affect you.

Why all bot threads have that guy?
And why those complaining about bots almost always have sub-normal paragon?
06/15/2019 05:44 PMPosted by TobiasPeste
They don’t affect you.

Why all bot threads have that guy?

Because he's right.

Out of all the !@#$%ing done, how many players actually put in the effort for highest rank? Literally a small handful of players (50-100) per region, out of millions of D3/RoS copies sold, or even a few 10K's of regular active players.

Which means over 90-95% of the active playerbase isn't REMOTELY affected by bots.

And if you wanna bring up pubs, bots are easy to spot & they're always just a votekick away.

Because they are jealous of the botting perks. Waking up the next day and having much higher paragon, and more mats, and more everything. Not to mention the distinct advantage having all those extra resources brings, or the potential flood of primals just waiting in your stash.

What?

You're confusing casual and full time game play with bots. Or do you think a bot level paragon is normal? For people that think bots are great, sure are hung up on our lowly Legitimate paragon levels. It's a go to defense for cheating because they're unable to compete in a fair environment.
06/16/2019 01:20 AMPosted by WittyGem
Because they are jealous of the botting perks.

This is something a person that has to cheat to earn anything would say. Sadly, the need to cheat permeates their entire life.

Look, cheat all you want if it fills that empty void you feel. However, don't think it doesn't have a negative impact on the game.

That's a silly excuse, sorry. If there's a solution to botters it would include all areas and to do such thing Blizzard need to invest in blockchain or cloud technologies. That looks way too far to try for a seven year old game with weakest revenue return of all their IPs.
It only would happen if they ever decide to renew everything which would be odd, since their motto is using the technology, not developing it. They won't even be the first one to adapt to the new things but use them as a second hand. I don't even have any hope for them taking extra counter measures for preventing bots at their next title.

Anyway... To cut short, you can play this game without ever minding the leaderboards. It's a natural occurance that bots infest multiplayer games, get rid of your competitive mindset as there's none. No one using a bot has any bragging rights in this game as they're so obvious and game never meant to be a competitive clashing ground with zero monetization.

Thinking most of the bots abused for farming bounties while owners go push GRs, I still think Blizzard should regulate something about friend invites if they want to dent bot influence.
I guess I'm expecting way too much from them.
06/16/2019 03:29 AMPosted by Grumm
06/16/2019 01:20 AMPosted by WittyGem
Because they are jealous of the botting perks.

This is something a person that has to cheat to earn anything would say. Sadly, the need to cheat permeates their entire life.

Look, cheat all you want if it fills that empty void you feel. However, don't think it doesn't have a negative impact on the game.

I don't need to cheat because there's no point having everything done for me.

And the game doesn't give a fart regardless if people cheat or not. It's software. It has no opinion.

And I already gave an explanation as to why botting hardly affects anyone. All you did was make an empty statement with no validation behind it to prop it up.

You lose.

*kisses*