Diablo III Forum Migration – July 9, 2019

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
As with other Blizzard game titles, the time has arrived for the Diablo III forums to migrate to new forum software.

There are a few important things to note about this migration process:
  • Existing threads will not be carried over to the new forums
  • The existing forums will be available in read-only mode for some time after the Forum Migration completes
  • The same forum categories that you are used to will be available on the new forums
  • Logging into the new forums will be no different from the current forums; just sign in with your existing Battle.net account and you'll be good to go!

We’re targeting the forum migration to happen between June 24 – July 9th – we are letting the community know early so they can be prepared for the switch to new forums.

We’ll keep the community updated as we get closer to the dates above and post about when the final switch to the new forums will happen.

You may have questions about the upcoming migration. Please feel free to ask them in this thread and we'll do our best to check in and answer as many as we can!

We're looking forward to our shiny new community space and hope to see you there.

Edit: Made a small adjustment to the last bullet point to correct some erroneous information.
Well it was only a matter of time. Personally, I can't say I'm thrilled about it, but thanks for the heads up nonetheless.
Finally.
Link to Discourse? The WoW and OW boards never required me to do that.

Is this new to the system or the D3 section specific?
Hey, what happens to our post counters from the old forums? Are they gone forever? I know they don't do much, but it kinda feels like a part of my history thrown away, with 5k posts here and another 5k in Europe.
06/19/2019 12:10 PMPosted by Riv
Hey, what happens to our post counters from the old forums? Are they gone forever? I know they don't do much, but it kinda feels like a part of my history thrown away, with 5k posts here and another 5k in Europe.

Everything is gone. You also have to start working up the system's trust levels too. Unless they integrate what we have established on the other boards that have already changed.
Was only a matter of time! I'll miss the old forums but they needed an upgrade.
Let's say my friend Swim had been suspended from the forums a few times. Would that all be water under the bridge on the new forum?
06/19/2019 11:53 AMPosted by Merdrah
Link to Discourse? The WoW and OW boards never required me to do that.

Yeah I was curious about that too. We did not have to do that on other forums. Maybe it just means we have to log in again under the new forum software?

*Discourse is the name of the forum software for anyone who did not know. Don't confuse it with Discord.

06/19/2019 01:02 PMPosted by ChangBooster
Let's say my friend Swim had been suspended from the forums a few times. Would that all be water under the bridge on the new forum?

I know the intent was to carry over perma bans but I don't now if that will actually happen.

06/19/2019 12:10 PMPosted by Riv
Hey, what happens to our post counters from the old forums? Are they gone forever?

Yep. Gone forever. I don't know how I feel about that honestly.

If anyone wants to see the forum software they can head to nearly any other Blizzard game forum. We get increased abilities to track threads or posts, a Blue Post tracker, notifications when someone responds to you, trust levels that let you post clickable links, Gifs, and images (Trust level 3).

You can read up on the new formatting options (many are cool), and trust levels in the sticky threads MVP WyomingMyst made

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-forum-guide-syntax-and-features/19903
Cool. Can't wait, the new forum seems to have a lot of new and nice options for us to use. I wonder, will it be like a general forum for the Diablo series, with subforums for each different game, or every Diablo game will have its own forum?
Just a question: as I've already logged in on the other game's forum (by way I would assume it is also linked to this 'Discourse' thingy?), do I need to re-link it for DIII?

In any case, all I've got to say is - FINALLY.
06/19/2019 04:08 PMPosted by KyubiVal
Cool. Can't wait, the new forum seems to have a lot of new and nice options for us to use. I wonder, will it be like a general forum for the Diablo series, with subforums for each different game, or every Diablo game will have its own forum?

Nothing will change. As Nev said, we will have exactly the same forum categories we have now. D1 is not supported by Blizz and D2 is covered in the Classic Games forum.

06/19/2019 08:52 PMPosted by Volatility
by way I would assume it is also linked to this 'Discourse' thingy?

Yes, Discourse is the software that runs the other Blizz forums. So if you have use the Overwatch, Hearthstone, HotS, or WoW forums you have used Discourse.
Sad to see some things going away but also happy to see these forums finally getting some love. Looking forward to it.
One good thing is that all the old threads that get necroed will be gone.
Well at least we now know why "A QUICK WORD FROM BLIZZARD" is still alive. They will pretend it never existed when the new forum comes alive. Genius move.
Oh, finally one of the “multiple Diablo Projects” is revealed!
06/20/2019 09:11 AMPosted by sergeix
They will pretend it never existed when the new forum comes alive. Genius move.
Aren't they late with like 3-4 months to be considered "genius"?
06/20/2019 06:50 AMPosted by Merdrah
One good thing is that all the old threads that get necroed will be gone.
Buuut... A certain poster or two will see a blank canvas, and be driven to fill it...with nonsense.
Y'all know who you are/who I mean...
;)
06/19/2019 11:03 AMPosted by Nevalistis
As with other Blizzard game titles, the time has arrived for the Diablo III forums to migrate to new forum software.

There are a few important things to note about this migration process:
  • Existing threads will not be carried over to the new forums
  • The existing forums will be available in read-only mode for some time after the Forum Migration completes
  • The same forum categories that you are used to will be available on the new forums
  • Logging into the new forums will be no different from the current forums; just sign in with your existing Battle.net account and you'll be good to go!

We’re targeting the forum migration to happen between June 24 – July 9th – we are letting the community know early so they can be prepared for the switch to new forums.

We’ll keep the community updated as we get closer to the dates above and post about when the final switch to the new forums will happen.

You may have questions about the upcoming migration. Please feel free to ask them in this thread and we'll do our best to check in and answer as many as we can!

We're looking forward to our shiny new community space and hope to see you there.

Edit: Made a small adjustment to the last bullet point to correct some erroneous information.

Does this mean we're gonna have to put up with that annoying scroll crap on the WOW forums?

Also how come thumbs up/down persist on these forums, but not WOW ones?
06/19/2019 11:53 AMPosted by Merdrah

Looks like some of the info I had wasn't fully accurate. Updated the original post for clarity.

Still going through some other posts and questions; I check in with our web team handling this migration weekly, so I'll do my best to come back next week with as many answers as I can manage. :)